Peter Navarro subpoenaed by the DOJ concerning January 6th attack

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US

So, will he ignore the subpoena from the DOJ like he did from the January 6th committee? This is the first I have heard of a grand jury at the DOJ level that is looking into the attack on the US Capitol. Maybe the DOJ is doing much more than we think to bring the planners of the attack to justice?

So, will he ignore the subpoena from the DOJ like he did from the January 6th committee? This is the first I have heard of a grand jury at the DOJ level that is looking into the attack on the US Capitol. Maybe the DOJ is doing much more than we think to bring the planners of the attack to justice?
Whatever the hell the DOJ is doing is sure as hell being kept under wraps well.

Yeah, the Mafia captains were able to brush off the Jan 6th committee pretty easily. The DOJ? Not so sure.

Yeah, the Mafia captains were able to brush off the Jan 6th committee pretty easily. The DOJ? Not so sure.
Yup, a subpoena from a DOJ empaneled grand jury is not one he can ignore so easily.

If he follows his attorney, he will decline their subpoena utilizing the Fifth Amendment.

It wasn't an Insurrection and it wasn't deadly either since no shootouts bombings occurred and there were HUNDREDS of people who milled around peacefully some who were helped into the building by the Police and few who were Trespassing vandalizing and assaulting have been rounded up and charged.

The one person who was shot dead by the police was UNARMED.

The article is so deep into hyperbole that I laughed at the stupid narrative.

This isn't a Congressional subpoena. This is a DOJ subpoena. With real world consequences, and real world cops that just show up wherever the hell he is, and take him by force if necessary, and there is nothing he can do about it, Republicans in Congress can do about it, or any federal judge at any level can do about it.

Please let this sob resist when the federal marshalls show up.

This isn't a Congressional subpoena. This is a DOJ subpoena. With real world consequences, and real world cops that just show up wherever the hell he is, and take him by force if necessary, and there is nothing he can do about it, Republicans in Congress can do about it, or any federal judge at any level can do about it.

The fact that there is a seated DOJ grand jury investigating the January 6th attack tells me that Garland has been busier than we thought he was. He probably has the facts of who planned and funded the attack already. He just wants Navarro is confirm the facts. If he lies or misleads, he will be screwed.

The fact that there is a seated DOJ grand jury investigating the January 6th attack tells me that Garland has been busier than we thought he was. He probably has the facts of who planned and funded the attack already. He just wants Navarro is confirm the facts. If he lies or misleads, he will be screwed.

The "attack" was funded? How?

Navarro could always say he doesn't remember and if asked for emails or cell records say they were erased when he put in the wrong password 10 times...this is the new standard of defense set by the FBI.

Navarro could always say he doesn't remember and if asked for emails or cell records say they were erased when he put in the wrong password 10 times...this is the new standard of defense set by the FBI.
Sounds like a typical trump ploy.

He has the absolute right to remain silent. He may have to show up but that's all he has to do. He knows it they know it.

He has the absolute right to remain silent. He may have to show up but that's all he has to do. He knows it they know it.
I think back at the BENGAZI hearings with Hillary. She had the right to stay silent also, but she didn't. She answered the questions. But if he has something to hide, he may very well stay silent. I am sure that trump has called him and given him marching orders on what he can and cannot say. But I expect the grand jury already has compelling evidence and would just like to hear what the former trump enabler has to say.

I cannot blame him though. If he has information that could lead to a criminal indictment for himself or someone else, he best stay silent and let everyone assume he is guilty, rather than speak up and remove all doubt.

Forum List

Back