PETA Killed 97% of the Animals in Their Care

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Toro, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,123
    http://www.2solitudes.com/headlines...97--of-the-Animals-in-their-Care-in-2006.html

2. eots

eots no fly list

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,606
    WHY AM I NOT SUPRISED ?...I saw a bunch of them protesting at a kfc , I am all for trying to raise these beast in a environment that is not over stressed if for no other reason than it makes for healthier meat..but there chickens ! of all the things in this world to protest over ie; the murder of unborn children these people where red faced and spitting venom over the treatment of chickens...meanwhile their handlers are killing puppies and kittens and fund raising

3. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,439
    My favorite was them *freeing* this 40 year old lobster that lived in a restaurant tank. No one was going to eat it. It just kind of hung out. So Mary Tyler Moore and the PETA nutters make a big show of releasing the poor thing to the *wild*.

Ijits forgot to untape its claws... the lobster couldn't eat anything... probably starved to death slowly. How humane.

4. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616
    Well, that makes me a bit sick...

5. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,123
  6. pegwinn

pegwinn Top of the Food Chain

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +329
    Never did like PETA except when it stood for People Eating Tasty Animals. That includes KFC. The colonel sure knew how to cook a chicken.

7. hjmick

hjmick Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,124
    PETA annoys me. If you want an interesting watch, pick up the Penn & Teller: Bullshit episode where they eviscerate PETA. Interesting stuff.

8. Gem

Gem BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +782
    The PETA episode on Penn and Teller's Bullshit was very interesting. I especially liked when they played quotes by the founder of PETA, Ingrid Newkirk and her VP talking about how medicines made possible through animal experimentation should be banned and no one should be allowed to take them....and then you learn that the VP of PETA has Type 1 Diabetes and has been taking insulin since childhood. Her response, "Well...that isn't hypocritical because I need my life to fight for the rights of animals."

Riiiiiight....my 11 year old sister-in-law who was born with Type 1 Diabetes should die...but you should live cause ya don't like leather.... :rolleyes:

9. liberalogic

liberalogic Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Look, I'm not a PETA member or anything but I've been a vegetarian since I was 4 because I generally felt and still feel (now that I'm 20) bad for slaughtered animals. I know that they taste good, but I still just don't understand why we must domesticate them to slaughter them for food. I'm living proof that you can survive without meat for a long time. Plus, just a question for the religious folks-- do animals go to heaven? Do they even have souls?

10. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,016
    Animals do not have souls according to the Bible. Only Humans have souls. But man is told to take care of the animals, use them as he needs but to not abuse or mistreat them.