PETA calls for the 'hanging' of the hunter who killed Cecil the lion

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Wow.

For Immediate Release:
July 28, 2015

Hunting is a coward’s pastime. If, as has been reported, this dentist and his guides lured Cecil out of the park with food so as to shoot him on private property, because shooting him in the park would have been illegal, he needs to be extradited, charged, and, preferably, hanged. To get a thrill at the cost of a life, this man gunned down a beloved lion, Cecil with a high-powered weapon. All wild animals are beloved by their own mates and infants, but to hunters like this overblown, over-privileged little man, who lack empathy, understanding, and respect for living creatures, they are merely targets to kill, decapitate, and hang up on a wall as a trophy. The photograph of this dentist, smiling over the corpse of another animal, who, like Cecil, wanted only to be left in peace, will disgust every caring soul in the world.

— PETA President Ingrid Newkirk

PETA calls for Walter Palmer to be ‘hanged’ for killing Cecil the lion

In the days since suburban Minnesota dentist Walter Palmer was outed as the hunter who killed Cecil the lion, there has been no shortage of public fury.

Angry animal lovers from around the world flooded Palmer’s Yelp and Facebook page with thousands of negative reviews. Zimbabwean officials said they are investigating Palmer for poaching. An online petition urging the White House to extradite Palmer quickly sped past 100,000 signatures.

Celebrities as different as Ricky Gervais and Newt Gingrich condemned the lion killing. Mia Farrow tweeted out the dentist’s business address — only to delete it — and she faced a backlash after some online mistakenly believed she’d published Palmer’s home address.

But by far and away the most radical reaction belonged to People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.

PETA calls for Walter Palmer to be hanged for killing Cecil the lion - The Washington Post

In today's world of supermarkets and meat lockers, hunting is unnecessary. All it does any more is make sport of an animal. Especially canned hunting. Not macho at all.

However, liberals sure are hypocritical, aren't they. "We oppose capital punishment, except for this guy."

Hanging is too good for him. Better that he be made to write an apology to all wild animals and hand said said apology letter directly to the king of beasts.,

upload_2015-7-30_13-1-13.jpeg

Let the lion decide his fate.

Sign the official petition to have the motherfucker extradited to face charges for poaching:

Extradite Minnesotan Walter James Palmer to face justice in Zimbabwe. We the People Your Voice in Our Government

My dad spent years in Nairobi going on safaris. He's especially proud of the 9' (head to tip of tail) tiger he killed on one visit. Shot and cut the head off a giraffe and has that on his wall, too. It's embarrassing and very, very wrong.

Do we know for sure that he was completely aware that what he was doing was illegal ?
I thought the claim was that he believed the hunt was completely legit and legal ?

In today's world of supermarkets and meat lockers, hunting is unnecessary. All it does any more is make sport of an animal. Especially canned hunting. Not macho at all.

However, liberals sure are hypocritical, aren't they. "We oppose capital punishment, except for this guy."

And conservatives. Libs would have us all rounded up and exterminated if they could.

Sign the official petition to have the motherfucker extradited to face charges for poaching:

Extradite Minnesotan Walter James Palmer to face justice in Zimbabwe. We the People Your Voice in Our Government

My dad spent years in Nairobi going on safaris. He's especially proud of the 9' (head to tip of tail) tiger he killed on one visit. Shot and cut the head off a giraffe and has that on his wall, too. It's embarrassing and very, very wrong.

Do we know for sure that he was completely aware that what he was doing was illegal ?
I thought the claim was that he believed the hunt was completely legit and legal ?

It matters not to me. Hunting for sport is immoral, killing a defenseless animal is cowardly and pathological. Next time he wants to kill a big cat, send him into their habitat with a knife.

Civilization is crumbling around us, yet what concerns people of a certain psychological bent is a lion called Cecil.

Something is very wrong with the humans.

It is lawful what he did. If you don't like it fight to change the law.

PETA Euthanized A Lot Of Animals At Its Shelter In 2014 And No-Kill Advocates Are Not Happy About It

The group euthanized 2,454 of its 3,369 cats, dogs and other animals, the vast majority of which were "owner surrenders," meaning that they'd been relinquished to the group voluntarily. Just 23 dogs and 16 cats were adopted

How much money did PETA take in last year from unsuspecting donors who helped pay for this mass carnage? $51,933,001: $50,449,023 in contributions, $627,336 in merchandise sales, and $856,642 in interest and dividends. They finished the year with $4,551,786 more in the bank than they started, after expenses. They did not see fit to use some of that to comprehensively promote animals for adoption or to provide veterinary care for the animals who needed it.

By contrast, the Lynchburg Humane Society, also in Virginia, took in about the same number of animals as PETA but saved 94% and without PETA’s millions. Seagoville Animal Services in Texas took in 1/3 of the numbers (about 700 animals) but only 1/20th of 1% of the amount of money that PETA did, saving 99% of them on a paltry $29,700 budget. In fact, hundreds of cities and towns across America are saving over 90% of the animals and doing so on a fraction of PETA’s wealth.

peta is nothing but a bunch of lying leftist hypocrites that don't give one fuck about that lion

Civilization is crumbling around us, yet what concerns people of a certain psychological bent is a lion called Cecil.

Something is very wrong with the humans.

I can certainly understand why some of them have such Self-Loathing, it's just a pity they extend it to the entire human race.

He killed a tiger in Africa? I call bullshit.

Last edited:
Leftist; we are against the death penalty!!!!!!!!! Only evul cons would kill a criminal!!!

except for this guy, who hasn't been convicted or arrested or charged and didn't remotely commit a crime that evul cons would support killing him over.

but we aren't hypocrites b/c this is different

He killed a tiger in Africa?

He killed a tiger in Africa?
That explains the empty cage at the Nairobi zoo.

Forum List

Back