Pet hates

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
I am "breaking my silence" and "Issuing a statement" about these phrases that are an essential part of our culture these days.

I rarely read an article which doesnt contain these words. It seems that every man and his dog is "issuing a statement" on some subect or other.

Sometimes . after a pause of a few days., they deign to "break their silence" and share their dreary thoughts with us.

I wish they wouldnt.

Is this a result of AI or lazy journos ? It needs to change.

Meh. People are too full of their own self-importance. We live in an age of vanity, which is compounded by the convenience of social media.

I am "breaking my silence" and "Issuing a statement" about these phrases that are an essential part of our culture these days.

I rarely read an article which doesnt contain these words. It seems that every man and his dog is "issuing a statement" on some subect or other.

Sometimes . after a pause of a few days., they deign to "break their silence" and share their dreary thoughts with us.

I wish they wouldnt.

Misery loves company.

I personally find it offensive when a politician opines on a subject, and it is characterized as "Rep. Smith vows to..."

Often that's not the case. It was a quick response to an unexpected question, and the person in question later had the opportunity to examine the issue more closely.

I personally find it offensive when a politician opines on a subject, and it is characterized as "Rep. Smith vows to..."

Often that's not the case. It was a quick response to an unexpected question, and the person in question later had the opportunity to examine the issue more closely.
Oh Yes add that to the list. Horrific use of language.
Another one is when they begin a sentence with "So".

So what we are proposing is to paint everything in stripes

Its a peculiar tic of mediocre corporate types who have been to too many seminars.
What "so" means is that I will say what I want to say not answer what you asked.

Last edited:
"Experts say''

That's another one where you know they're getting ready to try to sell you a good bullshit story.

I'm not sure what the post is about but it seems there is no objective news anymore. It's all opinion based with a tinge of race baiting.

Corker that one.
Related to "Lets be clear"

What I will say

As in when they are asked a question they dont want to answer

This project is millions over budget and two years late. Its a distaster isnt it ?

Well, what I will say is this um

Last edited:

I wish they wouldnt.

Get off my lawn!

I wish they wouldnt.

My pet hate is, take yourself for example, you make a statement about an independent Wales. So I ask how currency, national debt, borders etc.. will work and I get silence. It means those never crossed your mind and you haven't a clue

People with no clue how their beliefs work in the real world is my pet hate. If you believe something, at least rub two braincells together to figure out how it physically works, otherwise, it's called a far fetched dream.

But that's the problem, Lefties live on dreams, it's all emotional shite that motivated them. Change my mind.

My pet hate is, take yourself for example, you make a statement about an independent Wales. So I ask how currency, national debt, borders etc.. will work and I get silence. It means those never crossed your mind and you haven't a clue

People with no clue how their beliefs work in the real world is my pet hate. If you believe something, at least rub two braincells together to figure out how it physically works, otherwise, it's called a far fetched dream.

But that's the problem, Lefties live on dreams, it's all emotional shite that motivated them. Change my mind.
I have no interest in convincing you of anything. As a brexit you have shown that you are incapable of understanding anything.

Forum List

Back