Personal Manefesto - great idea NE

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
Thank you SO much NE, for the template...I hope you aren't upset that I used your words/form for this post. You created a good piece of writing, and it's had me thinking for a few hours. I hope I'm not insulting you, nor 'stealing your thunder' so to speak.

To John Kerry: I have nothing against you personally - I don't 'know' you - likely never will. Age, Social, Financial boundaries will likely never cross enough where I would get the chance to know you. Based on your record as a Congressman, your policies are not 'what's best for the people' - they are 'what John Kerry feels people want to hear'. I believe you are one to choose the popular 'wrong' over the unpopular 'right'.

To George Bush: If re-elected, I hope you have four years of continued growth; four years to see in action the plans you have for the people of our nation. I'd suggest closing the borders and decreasing government further; however I respect you for sticking by your guns - I respect you because I know your heart is always in the right place.

I'm a moderate-conservative, and I will vote for GWB. I am not a Kerry hater. I disagree with most of his policies. I believe that George Bush wants what is best for America; I am sure what George Bush wants is best for America. I believe what John Kerry wants would be worse for America than what George Bush wants. I believe John Kerry would allow the United Nations to dictate what is best for America.

I do not vandalize Bush/Cheney posters.

I think there are elements within both groups, liberals AND conservatives who are "crazy" and possibly "hate America" and definitely "are brainwashed", etc. I think only conservative ideologies will work, and I believe the holders of liberal ideologies essentially want the best for themselves - not our country. I believe Americans, by and large, are good people, however, and they believe their ideology is more effective than the other.

I will support whoever takes office, will not whine if my candidate loses. I will be vocal about my disagreements with whomever is in power. I will not be a partisan hack, I will not toe the party line at every turn. I will protest what needs to be protested. I will support what needs to be supported. I will try not to judge people based on their political affiliation. I will try not to judge people based on their sexual orientation, but on their actions regarding the promotion of their sexual preferences as an 'agenda'. I believe every man has the right to engage in sex acts with another man, if both are willing. I believe those acts are biologically wrong and immoral. I believe in holding people accountable - for good or for bad - based on their actions.

Everybody should pay SOMETHING in regards to taxes. No free rides. I believe the government does not owe it's population anything other than to be accountable for the trust (Moral and Financial) given to it by the citizens. The government doesn't owe me a job. I believe every able-bodied person CAN work - it's a matter of will. In the face of joblessness a requirement/alternative to unemployment/welfare should be enlistment into our Armed Forces for those under 35 years old. For those over, welfare should only be available to those who offer something to their communities in return.

Mandatory Child Support should be abolished in most cases. Just because one parent has a vagina, should NOT give them an advantage in child-custody cases. I believe a child needs a Father and a Mother.

I have asked what can I do for my country. I have served voluntarily for both psychological and financial benefit. I cannot be drafted to serve in my country's military, however in the capacity I can and do serve, I report for duty promptly and proudly. Despite it's faults, the United States is the 'best' country on this planet.

More people need to understand the difference between a 'right' and a 'privilege'.

I realize perspective is reality to people. I will strive to be sensitive to how I am perceived. I will never let that perception dictate my stand on issues, however. I will choose the 'hard right' over the 'easy wrong' to the best of my ability. I will strive to present my ideals and faith with honour - even if those beliefs are not shared, they will be respected; moreover, I will not bring shame to those things I hold most sacred by being an asshole. I will try to use my common sense when making decisions on who to vote for, or what to vote for. I will not vote for a (d) or an (r), I will vote for what is good and just, I will vote against what is bad and unjust.

I believe it is impossible to force my views on anyone; social, political, sexual, etc. While I will never apologize for my views; nobody likes pushy people. I will decide for my children which activities they participate in. I will go thru their things if I have to, making sure they are not involved with inappropriate activities/people. Until my children are old enough to have gained wisdom to decide for themselves, it is my duty to protect them, based solely on my judgment, from things which may harm them. I did not campaign to be their father. I did not vote them to be my children. I will not be their best friend. I will be something much more important. I will be their parent. They will not always feel like they like me. They will always know I love them. For that, they will respect me.

I wish I could stop eating so much.

-=d=- said:
I wish I could stop eating so much.

i wish i could too... i have to spend twice the time in the gym trying to keep off weight than i do eating good food.

i especially appreciate your comment about mandatory child support and the woman's unfair advantage in child custody cases. well spoken and painfully true.

Forum List

Back