Person Of Interest...Interested?

Do any of you wonder why the Machine never cares about the imminent murder of a "person of color"? In New York, of all places?

Why does it only focus on white people getting killed? Don't African Americans or Hispanics ever get killed in NYC?

Just wondering.

You are an idiot. Just about every race and religious background has been represented in the show. Caucasians, African Americans, Chinese, an assortment of Asians..

The only ones I haven't seen are Native Americans or Eskimos. Haven't seen any trannies either.

You obviously just dropped in to be a jerk. Mission accomplished.

I thought I posted this yesterday, but do any of you find it curious that in New York City, the Computer never anticipates the killing of a Person of Color? It's only concerned about white people, apparently.

It works perfectly for me, but I do find it curious. Most of the actual homicide victims in NYC are, if you will pardon the expression, colored.

I thought I posted this yesterday, but do any of you find it curious that in New York City, the Computer never anticipates the killing of a Person of Color? It's only concerned about white people, apparently.

It works perfectly for me, but I do find it curious. Most of the actual homicide victims in NYC are, if you will pardon the expression, colored.

Maybe it is because people of color don't actually watch TV therefore purchase the items advertised. People of color just steal TVs and sell them to the drug dealer for crack and smack. They shoplift what little else they do need. Thier kids are all in foster homes(white people) cuz mommy and daddy are in prison. Judge Judy is probably a better choice for the kids to watch as they need to get used to standing before a court.

You really shouldn't waste any time watching shows meant for whitey. We communicate with each other with these shows with secret white people stuff that you wouldn't pick up on. It seldom has anything to do with people of color anyway cuz we don't really think much about POCs.

Keep it REAL!

Dear Huggy Person:

I have watched every episode, and although there are all sorts of people ON THE SHOW, the Machine has not once predicted the death of a person of color.

given the demographics of NYC and its well-known crime stats, this is, in my opinion, hilarious.

Dear Huggy Person:

I have watched every episode, and although there are all sorts of people ON THE SHOW, the Machine has not once predicted the death of a person of color.

given the demographics of NYC and its well-known crime stats, this is, in my opinion, hilarious.

How many times has former detective, now patrolwoman Carter's ass been pulled outta da fire? Her son? Her boyfriend?..now deceased.. oops! Got me there but the he was a snitch narc for the "HR".

I find it amusing that blacks especially think they are "invisible" in white society. That is the biggest rascist lie floating around among persons of color. You fucking idiots... WHITE PEOPLE are truly invisible. Take the corner speedy mart... I walk in and the guy takes an extra ten minutes in the cooler cuz he know I won't fill my pockets with his merchandise. A black comes in and the guy races to his checkstand and follows the dude around with his well placed mirrors and doesn't even look at me once when he rings up my transaction. People of color are NOT invisble. They are watched intensely. Whites have just gotten real good at rurning thier gaze away just before blacks eyes meet them.

I know ...I know... I'm off topic... one of the privileges of being the OP.. You know how us white love to pull privilege when dealing with upity people of color... :lol:

But you already know the show is really only for the entertainment and further education of us white folks.

Elementary is for whites too. Don't be thrown off by Lucy Loo's character. Some asians are very respectable and don't deserve to be lumped in with the "gutter asians" like Viet Namese and the Cambodian types. Some castes of Chinese and Japonese are very trustworthy and enjoy many of the privileges of whites.

I am very much enjoying the current season. I have an affinity for former Joss Whedon show actors (Amy Acker as Root) and I like that there is a lot of longer story being integrated into all the episodes, instead of the usual single week episodes that are self-contained.

I do enjoy that The Machine seems to like Root, helping her escape. She's kinda bad, but she loves TheMachine.

If you look at the machine-view clips closely, there's a color-code. Yellow boxes for allies like Finch, Reese and Root. White for irrelevant civilians, or for most persons of interest. Red for threats to The Machine. Red and white for violent civilians. And blue for the squads The Machine sends to kill terrorists.

Not sure how it classifies Carter and Fusco. I'll have to pay attention. Those two still don't know about The Machine, I think. I do want to see more Fusco. He's been shortchanged recently, with Shaw taking up screen time.

Last edited:
I do enjoy that The Machine seems to like Root, helping her escape. She's kinda bad, but she loves TheMachine.

If you look at the machine-view clips closely, there's a color-code. Yellow boxes for allies like Finch, Reese and Root. White for irrelevant civilians, or for most persons of interest. Red for threats to The Machine. Red and white for violent civilians. And blue for the squads The Machine sends to kill terrorists.

Not sure how it classifies Carter and Fusco. I'll have to pay attention. Those two still don't know about The Machine, I think. I do want to see more Fusco. He's been shortchanged recently, with Shaw taking up screen time.

since there are times Reece could use help.....Shaw is a great addition to the "team"....imo....

Amy Acker/Root has signed on as a regular now. Just watched the Comic Con panel about that.

Other hints the writers dropped, Fusco has "amazing things" coming up, and at some point Reese will "lose his shit, for a good reason".

Amy Acker/Root has signed on as a regular now. Just watched the Comic Con panel about that.

Other hints the writers dropped, Fusco has "amazing things" coming up, and at some point Reese will "lose his shit, for a good reason".

Would that "good reason" be the cost of keeping him under contract?

Thought I'd bring this old thread back, given the season 3 finale is done. Spoilers about the finale ahead, be warned.

So the good guys lost. Badly. The whole season long. Largely because they refused to assassinate someone. Ain't that a killer, slammed for doing the right thing.

Finch, Reese, Shaw, Root (and her 3 little geek helpers), on the run now from a near-omniscient artificial intelligence and its human allies. The comfort zone of Finch's library, helping the numbers, all gone. Gutsy move by the writers. It's hinted in Root's speech that they'll have to hide in plain sight. Meaning day jobs. Interesting.

All the shades of grey. Is The Machine good? After all, it asked for an assassination. Is Samaritan bad? Old British guy seems to believe that order is the ultimate good, so he and Samaritan are doing good.

Fusco, apparently he hasn't made the naughty list, so he doesn't have to hide. The really important thing? Bear is okay.

The Root/Shaw relationship -- If they were 2 straight guys, I'd call it a budding bromance. But they're not guys, and we don't know if they're straight, so I don't know what to call it.

Last edited:
I think Carter's death was a miss step. Her character added a "good guy cop" component the Busco's lacks.

That's a good point, although Fusco has certainly become much more of a 'good guy' since his character was first introduced.

I was really more upset with the sudden romantic connection between Reese and Carter just before she died; they'd never really even hinted at that before. The whole thing seemed rushed. I wonder if the actress unexpectedly decided not to return?

I think Carter's death was a miss step. Her character added a "good guy cop" component the Busco's lacks.

That's a good point, although Fusco has certainly become much more of a 'good guy' since his character was first introduced.

I was really more upset with the sudden romantic connection between Reese and Carter just before she died; they'd never really even hinted at that before. The whole thing seemed rushed. I wonder if the actress unexpectedly decided not to return?

i saw her on an interview and she said at the beginning of the season they were told some one is going to die to stir up the show because, in their line of work,in reality,not everyone survives..... and none of them knew who but the writers and producers....well it was Carter....

Forum List

Back