Perserverance Lands on Mars

How many Mars missions have there been? Seems like the US and other nations have been there several times now. Why do they keep going there?

I think this one is going to explore below the surface of Mars for evidence of ancient life.
Yes, congratulations US! Credit where it is due and we Brits did our bit by making the parachute. Perseverance landed near a dried-up lake and will drill down attempting to find signs of life past or present. Just think of the mind-blowing implications if traces of life are found. Judaism/Christianity finally debunked and that is just for starters.
They will say that it doesn’t debunk Christianity. So don’t expect them to lose their religion if yet another one of their beliefs is disproven.

Did Jesus weigh in on this? Did he ever say we are alone in the universe? He didn’t seem to be a deep thinker. Focused more on human emotions and not on science.
Yes, your right they will just move the goalposts again like they did when it was proven that our Earth is not the centre of the universe.

My own personal beliefs are not based on any religion but Quantum Philosophy.
Finding traces of life on Mars will prove beyond all doubt that the Goldilocks Theory - that the Earth's position from the Sun. Its mass and chemistry provided all the conditions right for life to form and progress but is also true of Mars up to the point where conditions were no longer favorable for life to progress there.
At some point in the past, either Mars or Earth or both were on course to produce beings like us.
The fact that two planets that sit in close proximity actually produced life in the only Solar System we have been able to study proves beyond doubt that Life is far more abundant throughout our Milky Way Galaxy than blades of grass in a meadow.

For some reason, I get that you are bugging the Lord so you'll really get yours.

Anyway, I'll accept what you stated but what if there is no life whatsoever? If there was life, then I'd think it was on the moon (due to panspermia), but it has no magnetic field like Mars and no life was found below its surface.
" For some reason, I get that you are bugging the Lord so you'll really get yours."

O no I must believe and pay homage cos if I don't this vicious vengeful God will make me suffer for all eternity. - Is that it?

Well sorry, he made the mistake of giving me 'free' mind so I will think as I please.
I don't approve of his sending plagues, floods, and droughts to wipe out people struggling to survive just because they didn't behave in the way he created them not to.
Nor fast-forwarding to Christianity and the horrendous crimes of the Catholic church all in his name. Nor The First World War. Auschwitz. Rwanda.
Sorry but even if he does exist I don't want anything to do with him - his moral standards are simply too low.

Having said that, it isn't anything personal. I don't believe we are the result of an accident, there is simply too much evidence of design in the entire universal process.
As I said I'm a quantum philosopher and believe I.E (Intelligent Energy) is responsible.
No old man with a beard sat on a cloud. No hippy type figure wandering around Judea who had the gift of the gab and made a living telling folk to repress their natural human condition.

You seem to see abiogenesis and intelligent beings like ourselves as unconnected?
I suppose it's the "God made man in his own image" teaching. Why would God need genitals? Arms and legs? If true it suggests that Heaven is the same as Earth.
All these stories were man-made attempts to explain our existence with what they knew at the time.

Sorry but if evidence that even the most basic forms of life are found on Mars, you must do the honorable thing and concede that the monotheistic faiths - Judaism. Christianity and Islam are nothing but fanciful myths.
You aren’t attacking god. You are attacking him and his story. Big difference.

Jews don’t believe his story either. And they were there When it supposedly happened. Muslims don’t believe in the Jesus myth either.

They aren’t attacking Jesus either. They just don’t believe the Christians who are telling the story

How many Mars missions have there been? Seems like the US and other nations have been there several times now. Why do they keep going there?

I think this one is going to explore below the surface of Mars for evidence of ancient life.
Yes, congratulations US! Credit where it is due and we Brits did our bit by making the parachute. Perseverance landed near a dried-up lake and will drill down attempting to find signs of life past or present. Just think of the mind-blowing implications if traces of life are found. Judaism/Christianity finally debunked and that is just for starters.
Perhaps you could be so kind as to show where in Judaic/Christian Scripture the claim is made that there is no life elsewhere in the universe.

Perhaps you could be so kind as to show where in Judaic/Christian Scripture the claim is made that there is no life elsewhere in the universe.
The fact that they don't mention 'life anywhere else' just suggests that they could not comprehend that life could exist anywhere else but on Earth. They didn't have a clue what the rest of the universe is.

Three part mission. Around 40 core samples will be drilled. During next ten years, two more craft will arrive. One will land and provide a small launch vehicle to send the samples off Mars into orbit, then on another vehicle to take them back to Earth
Nat Geo had an interesting show about It.

The fact that they don't mention 'life anywhere else' just suggests that they could not comprehend that life could exist anywhere else but on Earth. They didn't have a clue what the rest of the universe is.
Just pointing out why finding evidence of past life on Mars will not create the crisis of faith you predict. If they've not claimed it doesn't exist, it can't be debunked.

See? Move the goal post.

So what makes theists so sure that we are the only life? That has been their position for a millennia

See? Move the goal post.

So what makes theists so sure that we are the only life? That has been their position for a millennia
Where in Scripture does it state that?

1614023392484.png

See? Move the goal post.

Then where did they get this idea?

See? Move the goal post.

You should know, before posting accusations.

See? Move the goal post.

I people I'm familiar with don't make that claim because it's not Biblical and I haven't found it in Scripture myself. That's all I'm saying. Finding evidence of past life on Mars does not debunk Judaism/Christianity at all because, as I've been saying, we're not making that claim. If anyone is, I'd like to see their Scriptural basis for doing so.

Holes seen in the rocks. What could've caused them? Martian gas haha.

'ORLANDO, Fla., Feb. 19 (UPI) -- NASA's newest Mars mission sent back the first-ever photos of a rover -- Perseverance -- landing on another planet.

NASA released the photos during a news briefing Friday afternoon following the rover's successful arrival at Jezero Crater the day before. One image shows the rover hanging underneath the jetpack device that provides the final descent.

NASA's team on the project said the images exceeded their expectations.

"I mean this is something that we've never seen before. It was stunning and the team was awestruck," said Aaron Stehura, a NASA flight system engineer.'

There’s new video

See? Move the goal post.

I people I'm familiar with don't make that claim because it's not Biblical and I haven't found it in Scripture myself. That's all I'm saying. Finding evidence of past life on Mars does not debunk Judaism/Christianity at all because, as I've been saying, we're not making that claim. If anyone is, I'd like to see their Scriptural basis for doing so.
I’ve always said I don’t get why its so important that we are gods only children. Probably in the old testament

They will say that it doesn’t debunk Christianity. So don’t expect them to lose their religion if yet another one of their beliefs is disproven.

Did Jesus weigh in on this? Did he ever say we are alone in the universe? He didn’t seem to be a deep thinker. Focused more on human emotions and not on science.

>>Just think of the mind-blowing implications if traces of life are found. Judaism/Christianity finally debunked and that is just for starters.<<

>>They will say that it doesn’t debunk Christianity. So don’t expect them to lose their religion if yet another one of their beliefs is disproven.

Did Jesus weigh in on this? Did he ever say we are alone in the universe? He didn’t seem to be a deep thinker. Focused more on human emotions and not on science.<<

It's been evolution, the lie, that has been disproven. Just the science will show no life on Mars.

In regards to Jesus, the creationist thinking is he didn't die for aliens.

>>He didn’t seem to be a deep thinker. Focused more on human emotions and not on science.<<

Ha ha. More of the same.

Last edited:
If no life below the surface of Mars, then it is more evidence that abiogenesis does not happen and evolution is a lie.

See? Move the goal post.

I was brought up a Roman Catholic and I know what we were taught about creation by priests.
God created man in his own image, All animals were created separately, They deny that both man and animals and all lower life forms are all part of the same progressive process culminating in Hominids who they don't acknowledge as human, in fact, they never mention them at all.

My best mate is a Muslim and he denies that life exists anywhere else in the universe because he knows Mohammed would have mentioned it in the Quran.
I also remember a Jahova's witness telling me that - "I don't want to believe I came from some bacterial sludge in a river bed!"

Michael Angelo's painting of God giving life to Adam in the Sistene Chapel is evidence of what the Roman Catholic Church has always believed, but just how many Adams was there, and did they all look like us?

See? Move the goal post.

I was brought up a Roman Catholic and I know what we were taught about creation by priests.
God created man in his own image, All animals were created separately, They deny that both man and animals and all lower life forms are all part of the same progressive process culminating in Hominids who they don't acknowledge as human, in fact, they never mention them at all.

My best mate is a Muslim and he denies that life exists anywhere else in the universe because he knows Mohammed would have mentioned it in the Quran.
I also remember a Jahova's witness telling me that - "I don't want to believe I came from some bacterial sludge in a river bed!"

Michael Angelo's painting of God giving life to Adam in the Sistene Chapel is evidence of what the Roman Catholic Church has always believed, but just how many Adams was there, and did they all look like us?
I have no problem with God doing things he doesn't tell us He's doing.

See? Move the goal post.

Nice cop-out!

See? Move the goal post.

Nice cop-out!
Life on Mars won’t prove the Bible is a myth because Jesus didn’t even contemplate life on other planets. To the people back then they were the center of the universe. Special.

Life on Mars will prove we aren’t special. but it won’t disprove organized religions. Even though they said for centuries we were alone. How they figured that who knows. They now say it’s not mentioned in the Bible.

This reminds me of racism in the Bible. In the 1800s the Bible said slavery was ok but today i don’t think the Bible justifies slavery, does it? Did they take it out?

How come racists used to say the Bible was against interracial marriage when today you can’t find anything about it in the Bible?

See? Move the goal post.

Nice cop-out!
If we could prove multiverses exist that still won’t disprove god. I’ve been telling theists for years to stop trying to put god in a box. Of course this isn’t his only universe.

Forum List

Back