Perry comes across better in interviews than in debates

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
I watched him on Hannity - and he was articulate and reasoned and impressive.

Not the goofball of the debates.

Still won't get the GOP nomination - never really had a chance.

Totally agree - he is terrible in debates and he has totally destroyed any possibility of getting the nomination. If you can't debate, how can you be expected to go up against the incumbent president in the general election? Buh-bye Perry.

Totally agree - he is terrible in debates and he has totally destroyed any possibility of getting the nomination. If you can't debate, how can you be expected to go up against the incumbent president in the general election? Buh-bye Perry.

Look forward to watching Romney ( who is a good debator) destroy Obama on the economy.

Yea he's coming along. He's not as polished as some would like though. But i wouldn't count him out just yet. Is Romney really the right choice to beat Obama? I'm not sold.

The question is how can a governor achieve and retain office in a major state like Texas, since 2001, and still not have developed good debating skills - talk about a slow learner!

Last edited:
I watched him on Hannity - and he was articulate and reasoned and impressive.

Not the goofball of the debates.

Still won't get the GOP nomination - never really had a chance.

Gee, I thought he was really stupid. And arrogant. And clueless. That's what the lefties here all said. Guess maybe that wasnt the case after all, like I've said all along.
Perry is second in fund raising and the first primary has not been run yet. He will do very well in the South, where Romney is rightly seen as just another north eastern liberal Republican in the Rockefeller mode.

The question is how can a governor achieve and retain office in a major state like Texas, since 2001, and still not have developed good debating skills - talk about a slow learner!

How many debates did Barney Frank win?
Maybe because in Texas it's actual job performance, not the abilityt o play gotcha that counts.

Forum List

Back