Perfect reason why the death penalty exists

To me, that's unacceptable. As long as they are still living and breathing I wouldn't feel right telling a child they are gone forever.

You don't have to tell the child that they're gone forever, you can tell the child that they're in jail and can never hurt them again.

And what happens when the child sees their first news report about a prison break?

The fact that the prison system is flawed doesn't mean that state sanctioned murder somehow equals justice.

To me, that's unacceptable. As long as they are still living and breathing I wouldn't feel right telling a child they are gone forever.

You don't have to tell the child that they're gone forever, you can tell the child that they're in jail and can never hurt them again.

And what happens when the child sees their first news report about a prison break?

Or about some heinous piece of crap sex offender being released into the community?

Jail would accomplish that as well.

the primal feeling all parents would have....a parent did act upon it...a karate instructor kidnapped his son for 2 weeks..the father ...executed the guy in the courthouse....he served time for the killing but he was able to tell his son..that man would never harm him again...

just so yall know....there is no death penalty for these types of crimes

And I firmly believe there should be.

Perfect reason? How does killing these people help their victims?

I don't think it's about helping the victims. More like taking out society's garbage. As a prior victim of a criminal who was subsequently executed, though, I would like to point out that seeing him die helped me quite a bit, if that makes you feel any better.

However, the death penalty is not an available sentence for child molesters.

I'm aware that vengeance makes people feel good sometimes, but that doesn't mean it's justice.

Vengeance IS justice.

And why would you want to lie to the poor kid like that?

Where's the lie? The perpetrator can somehow get the kids from jail?

How about knowing that the "bad people" are gone and will never come back?

Sorry, but the lives of these children are practically ruined. Not only that, God knows what kind of STD's these fuckers had and transmitted to these children.

Jail would let these people live with shelter and 3 meals a day. Not so bad. Death would send these bastards straight to hell.

Killing a person doesn't fix the childrens lives or get rid of potential std's. Those that think prisom is "not so bad" have never been in prison.

Perfect reason? How does killing these people help their victims?

I don't think it's about helping the victims. More like taking out society's garbage. As a prior victim of a criminal who was subsequently executed, though, I would like to point out that seeing him die helped me quite a bit, if that makes you feel any better.

I'm aware that vengeance makes people feel good sometimes, but that doesn't mean it's justice.

Who says? And who made YOU the arbiter of what is vengeance and what is justice? To my way of thinking, vengeance would have been if I had hunted the sack of shit down personally and stuffed him in a wood chipper. Justice is when the police arrest him, the courts give him a fair jury trial, the judge sentences him, and then the prison sticks a needle in his arm and puts him down like the sick dog he was. Who are you to say different?

the primal feeling all parents would have....a parent did act upon it...a karate instructor kidnapped his son for 2 weeks..the father ...executed the guy in the courthouse....he served time for the killing but he was able to tell his son..that man would never harm him again...

just so yall know....there is no death penalty for these types of crimes

If any one of these fuckers touched my children, there WOULD be a death penalty for them.

ithica.jpg

Vengeance IS justice.

No, it most certainly is not.

it will be more than a slippery slope if you allow the death penalty for crimes that do not take anyones life. where would you draw the line then article?

everyone should check the national sexual offender registry you might be shocked who lives near you or next to you...public info

National Sex Offender Registry

The fact that the prison system is flawed doesn't mean that state sanctioned murder somehow equals justice.

Hey, Einstein. Murder, by definition, can't be "state-sanctioned", so why don't you spare us the buzzwords and verbal smokescreen?

Who says? And who made YOU the arbiter of what is vengeance and what is justice? To my way of thinking, vengeance would have been if I had hunted the sack of shit down personally and stuffed him in a wood chipper. Justice is when the police arrest him, the courts give him a fair jury trial, the judge sentences him, and then the prison sticks a needle in his arm and puts him down like the sick dog he was. Who are you to say different?

State sanctioned killing can only be vengeance because it serves no other "benefit" other than to make the victim feel good.

Sorry, but the lives of these children are practically ruined. Not only that, God knows what kind of STD's these fuckers had and transmitted to these children.

Jail would let these people live with shelter and 3 meals a day. Not so bad. Death would send these bastards straight to hell.

Killing a person doesn't fix the childrens lives or get rid of potential std's. Those that think prisom is "not so bad" have never been in prison.

Getting anally raped and the shit beat out of you day after day doesn't really mean much. They're still alive. Hell, these fuckers might enjoy some of that. They don't deserve to live. You harm a child - you die. No questions asked. No "I want my lawyer." None of that bullshit. These people will be out of prison if they plead guilty within 10-15 years. There's no "life" sentence for these fuckers.

Death is the only justice for these fuckers.

Vengeance IS justice.

Not necessarily, but I still want to know who made this guy grand high poobah of telling us which is which.

State sanctioned killing can only be vengeance because it serves no other "benefit" other than to make the victim feel good.

And? You have a problem with helping the victim feel good after what's been done to them?

Hey, Einstein. Murder, by definition, can't be "state-sanctioned", so why don't you spare us the buzzwords and verbal smokescreen?

So you believe killing is justified so long as the government says it's ok?

And why would you want to lie to the poor kid like that?

Where's the lie? The perpetrator can somehow get the kids from jail?

Don't think we all didn't notice the way you assiduously avoided responding to the posts pointing out that prison inmates get released and/or escape all the time. Disingenuous much?

it will be more than a slippery slope if you allow the death penalty for crimes that do not take anyones life. where would you draw the line then article?

everyone should check the national sexual offender registry you might be shocked who lives near you or next to you...public info

National Sex Offender Registry

I honestly don't know where to draw the line, bones, but I do know that what was described in the OP lands somewhere before that line is drawn.

And? You have a problem with helping the victim feel good after what's been done to them?

If making somebody happy means somebody else has to die then yes I have a problem with it.

Forum List

Back