People with lower emotional intelligence are more likely to hold right-wing views, study finds

People like you, dividing the country will get your
karma coming back when all the job creators take off to Texas and Georgia to get away from the fat lazy yankee unioin punks.

whatever happened to all the jobs the job creators were supposta do after the bush tax cuts were gonna sunset & people were still bleeding from his economy?

what about the 2 trillion dollar cuts back in 2017? this infrastructure bill that passed WILL be union jobs. lol ... karma?

here's yer karma...

karma-image-buddhist-cartoon_orig.jpg

tick tock...

that wasn't trolling. that was replying to you.

a funny & rather truthful.... as least to some down in the deep deliverance south where trump humping is a way of life ... sure helps to get the point across.

No, that is a classical example of trolling.

No surprise you are so stupid you think otherwise.

I believe it's the right wing who you're describing. Trump tells his flock that the presidency was stolen from him without a shred of evidence, and they follow through, marching to his orders like half wits and zombies.

You can't mean that.

There are dozens of indicia.

Just one:

. The Pennsylvania Supreme Court had no authority to allow counting of votes received beyond the close of business on election day.

“McPherson v Blacker

Under the second clause of Article II of the Constitution, the legislatures of the several States have exclusive power to direct the manner in which the electors of President and Vice President shall be appointed. Such appointment may be made by the legislatures directly, or by popular vote in districts, or by general ticket, as may be provided by the legislature. If the terms of the clause left the question of power in doubt, contemporaneous and continuous subsequent practical construction has determined the question as above stated. The second clause of Article II of the Constitution was not amended by the Fourteenth and Fifteenth Amendments, and they do not limit the power of appointment to the particular manner pursued at the time of the adoption of these amendments, or secure to every male inhabitant of a State, being a citizen of the United States, the right from the time of his majority to vote for presidential electors. A state law fixing a date for the meeting of electors, differing from that prescribed by the act of Congress, is not thereby wholly invalidated; but the date may be rejected and the law stand. “
McPherson v. Blacker, 146 U.S. 1 | Casetext Search + Citator

No state court can set a time limit for votes that should beyond the end of election day, no matter the delay in mail delivery.

Only an elected legislature may do that.

Check the Constitution and you will find that I am correct.

It's obvious that emotions are controlled by primitive instincts, which often conflict with intelligence.

Right-wingers tend to follow these instinctually based emotions to form their views, then use their intelligence to try to justify these emotions.

Left-wingers tend to be the type of people that squelch their instinctual emotions and base their views strictly on intelligence.

All you need to do is view a right-wing vs. a left-wing political rally to see which is more emotionally based - especially one of Trump's rally where they act like a bunch of dumb, nasty monkeys and thugs.
Richard-H, the nasty monkeys and thugs are the leftest animal squads that are dispatched to any conservative gathering. You should be able to see this unless you are totally fuckin blind, which I think is a good possibility. Is Richard-H LONG for Dick Head?

This is not the first study that comes to the conclusion that right wingers are lower down the food scale.

Right wing arguments are based , generally, on greed and cruelty and those vices translate very quickly into policies that appeal to those of lower intelligence.

Indeed, there is very little need for actual policies to placate the dribblers amongst us.

Maybe the left needs to simplify its policies to a level that righties can understand. If that is even possible.
STFU retard. Right wingers have you idiots on the left out classed a hundred to one.

I'm shocked. SHOCKED, I tell ya!

People with lower emotional intelligence are more likely to hold right-wing views, study finds

New research from Belgium provides evidence that deficits in emotion understanding and emotion management are related to right-wing and prejudiced attitudes. The study has been published in the journal Emotion.

“I have a lifelong interest in political psychology and in political ideology in particular. The observation that left-wing and right-wing adherents tend to differ on so many psychological characteristics is amazing,” said study author Alain Van Hiel, a professor at the University of Ghent.

“Many scholars have investigated the cognitive basis of ideology in general, and right-wing ideological attitudes in particular. In the present study, we wanted to investigate if a similar relationship would exist for emotional abilities.”

In two studies, the researchers assessed the emotional abilities and political ideology of 983 Belgian undergraduate students. The second study also examined the participants’ cognitive ability. Emotional ability was measured with three tests: the Situational Test of Emotional Understanding, the Situational Test of Emotion Management, and the Geneva Emotion Recognition Test.

The researchers found that individuals with weaker emotional abilities — particularly emotional understanding and management — tended to score higher on a measure of right-wing authoritarianism and social dominance orientation.

Right-wing authoritarianism is a personality trait that describes the tendency to submit to political authority and be hostile towards other groups, while social dominance orientation is a measure of a person’s preference for inequality among social groups.

“The results of this study were univocal. People who endorse authority and strong leaders and who do not mind inequality — the two basic dimensions underlying right-wing political ideology — show lower levels of emotional abilities,” Van Hiel told PsyPost

Those with lower emotional and cognitive abilities were also more likely to agree with blatantly prejudiced statements such as “The White race is superior to all other races.”

The researchers controlled for age, sex, and education level. But like all research, the study includes some limitations. The study only collected correlational data, preventing inferences of causality from being made.

*snip*

The study, “The Relationship Between Emotional Abilities and Right-Wing and Prejudiced Attitudes“, was authored by Alain Van Hiel, Jonas De keersmaecker, Emma Onraet, Tessa Haesevoets, Arne Roets, and Johnny R. J. Fontaine.

Golly , aren't you just the brightest little boi on the block!

I'm shocked. SHOCKED, I tell ya!

New research from Belgium provides evidence that deficits in emotion understanding and emotion management are related to right-wing and prejudiced attitudes. The study has been published in the journal Emotion.

“I have a lifelong interest in political psychology and in political ideology in particular. The observation that left-wing and right-wing adherents tend to differ on so many psychological characteristics is amazing,” said study author Alain Van Hiel, a professor at the University of Ghent.

“Many scholars have investigated the cognitive basis of ideology in general, and right-wing ideological attitudes in particular. In the present study, we wanted to investigate if a similar relationship would exist for emotional abilities.”

In two studies, the researchers assessed the emotional abilities and political ideology of 983 Belgian undergraduate students. The second study also examined the participants’ cognitive ability. Emotional ability was measured with three tests: the Situational Test of Emotional Understanding, the Situational Test of Emotion Management, and the Geneva Emotion Recognition Test.

The researchers found that individuals with weaker emotional abilities — particularly emotional understanding and management — tended to score higher on a measure of right-wing authoritarianism and social dominance orientation.

Right-wing authoritarianism is a personality trait that describes the tendency to submit to political authority and be hostile towards other groups, while social dominance orientation is a measure of a person’s preference for inequality among social groups.

“The results of this study were univocal. People who endorse authority and strong leaders and who do not mind inequality — the two basic dimensions underlying right-wing political ideology — show lower levels of emotional abilities,” Van Hiel told PsyPost

Those with lower emotional and cognitive abilities were also more likely to agree with blatantly prejudiced statements such as “The White race is superior to all other races.”

The researchers controlled for age, sex, and education level. But like all research, the study includes some limitations. The study only collected correlational data, preventing inferences of causality from being made.

*snip*

The study, “The Relationship Between Emotional Abilities and Right-Wing and Prejudiced Attitudes“, was authored by Alain Van Hiel, Jonas De keersmaecker, Emma Onraet, Tessa Haesevoets, Arne Roets, and Johnny R. J. Fontaine.
Another "we are superior beings" thread. You assholes are so full of yourselves.

Richard-H, the nasty monkeys and thugs are the leftest animal squads that are dispatched to any conservative gathering. You should be able to see this unless you are totally fuckin blind, which I think is a good possibility. Is Richard-H LONG for Dick Head?

Your reply proves that you are a nasty, dumb monkey.

Emotional intelligence is made up fake libbie ruler to measure how often and how much you cry over being victim.

Maybe that study is right.

I am not very intelligent.

In fact, when it comes to math and science, I am downright stupid.

And I guess that I hold some right-wing views.

For example, I feel that it is ridiculous to cry buckets of tears for a certain ethnicity that is supposedly still being mistreated. I do not think that they are still mistreated. But I DO think that a large number of their young people mistreat other people (as in the New York City subway).

Forum List

Back