People who kill themselves for selfish reasons are cowards, GAY OR NOT.

people, People, PEOPLE!

Cripes!

A STRONG case could be made about the way WE treat each other, ffs!

If calling folks names, casting aspersions regarding their intellect and disparaging their moral character is "bullying,"

WE DO IT, EVERY FUCKING DAY, RIGHT HERE!

Truth!

fyrenza, how are you or I "smaller or weaker" on a message board?

Good point, every male on here is a big burly macho man hung like a horse.

:D

I am sick of hearing "Oh no, stop the bullies who pray on gay people." I would prefer to see "Hey parents, teach your kids how to stand up for themselves and a little bit of self worth so maybe they won't turn out to be a friggin pansy ass."

Yeah, I went there.

Also, regular bullying of nerds is just as bad, but at least nerds are proud of being nerds. Why can't gay people be proud of being gay? I thought they were. I am confused now.

The majority of ppl that take their own lives, have been in pain that often the rest of us know nothing of. Who is anyone to judge their actions. Not I.

I am sick of hearing "Oh no, stop the bullies who pray on gay people." I would prefer to see "Hey parents, teach your kids how to stand up for themselves and a little bit of self worth so maybe they won't turn out to be a friggin pansy ass."

Yeah, I went there.

Also, regular bullying of nerds is just as bad, but at least nerds are proud of being nerds. Why can't gay people be proud of being gay? I thought they were. I am confused now.

Speaking as a "nerd" in Junior High School and High School..I was bullied regularly. I was sort of small..and a bit brighter then my classmates..make me ripe for that. And I wasn't inclined toward team sports. I hit a crossroads (although I never thought about killing myself) when I refused to give up lunch money to a gang of bigger kids and got a beat down for it. Then I discovered Martial Arts..and took it. As my first few attempts to fight back weren't so great..I started incorporating more "dirty" techniques into my skill set..like the "head meet cement" move. As I got more effective at it..the bullying stopped. But I would have rather not been subjected to the Bullying at all..and allowed to continue my studies.

Yeah, I went there.

The majority of ppl that take their own lives, have been in pain that often the rest of us know nothing of. Who is anyone to judge their actions. Not I.

I recall a sentence from Camus, written in the collection of essays - which essay I don't recall - titled "The Myth of Sisyphus". Camus writing about suicide commented something to the effect that we don't know why someone took their own life, though maybe it was a result of someone speaking harshly to them that day.
Something to think about.

Yeah, I went there.

I recall a sentence from Camus, written in the collection of essays - which essay I don't recall - titled "The Myth of Sisyphus". Camus writing about suicide commented something to the effect that we don't know why someone took their own life, though maybe it was a result of someone speaking harshly to them that day.
Something to think about.

or maybe they got a booboo.

Forum List

Back