People stuck in the 14th century, and not just Muslims

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
If there is anything funny to be taken away from koran burning, fanatical murdering, terrorist appeasing events of the last few weeks, it's that some people seem to view book burning as if it's still the 14th century. I've seen countless people post comments to the effect that book burning stifles free speech, blah blah blah. Newsflash nitwits, not anymore it doesn't. You see, back in the 14th century, when a book was burned there was a good chance that it was a one-of-a-kind original. Not so today folks. To suggest that burning a book today impedes anyone else's ability to get and read there own copy, or stifles free speech in any way, is so silly it's laughable.

You nitwits know who you are. :lol:

The people are the same as they were in the 14th century as well as back in the 14th century BC.

There is some myth that because technology and knowledge has improved we are somehow superior to generations that came before us. That is our pride talking. What we are has been because we've built on the back of their accomplishments. Not because we are somehow superior to them.

But the people have the same ideas and attitudes as they've always had. human nature hasn't changed. The only way it can change is through the Atonement of Jesus Christ.

Yeah I'm hoping for a day in which little town celebrations take place where we throw every crazy religious book in a fire.

The Bible, the Q'uran, Joseph Smith's diary, Al Gore's scientific findings, and any other book having to do with the popular religions of today.

• Banned
The people are the same as they were in the 14th century as well as back in the 14th century BC.

There is some myth that because technology and knowledge has improved we are somehow superior to generations that came before us. That is our pride talking. What we are has been because we've built on the back of their accomplishments. Not because we are somehow superior to them.

But the people have the same ideas and attitudes as they've always had. human nature hasn't changed. The only way it can change is through the Atonement of Jesus Christ.

wtf!?! :eusa_eh:

Non-sequitur much?

On a daily basis thousands of books are pulped and recycled. And some get burnt in municipal incinerators. There is something about burning a book as a act of intellectual destruction that is repellent.

You buy your own book and burn it... that is your right to be stupid. Keep the fires going etc. I have tossed a few books in the trash myself.

There is just something wrong with making a point of being a jerkass.

wtf!?! :eusa_eh:

Non-sequitur much?

Very much

.....Only the.....

rushtroll.jpg

If there is anything funny to be taken away from koran burning, fanatical murdering, terrorist appeasing events of the last few weeks, it's that some people seem to view book burning as if it's still the 14th century. I've seen countless people post comments to the effect that book burning stifles free speech, blah blah blah. Newsflash nitwits, not anymore it doesn't. You see, back in the 14th century, when a book was burned there was a good chance that it was a one-of-a-kind original. Not so today folks. To suggest that burning a book today impedes anyone else's ability to get and read there own copy, or stifles free speech in any way, is so silly it's laughable.

You nitwits know who you are. :lol:
For every terrorist act committed, burn a koran.

On a daily basis thousands of books are pulped and recycled. And some get burnt in municipal incinerators. There is something about burning a book as a act of intellectual destruction that is repellent.

You buy your own book and burn it... that is your right to be stupid. Keep the fires going etc. I have tossed a few books in the trash myself.

There is just something wrong with making a point of being a jerkass.

'intellectual destruction'? Pulled that right out of yer ass huh?

How about a simple political statement? Is that repellent too?

Forum List

Back