People like Desantis are the future of the GOP and Trump will likely damage that future if he decides to run again.

I don’t see any scenario where they run on the same ticket. Desantis is in his mid forties. He doesn’t need to be Trump’s VP
You might be right. If he thinks going against Trump this round might hurt him in 2028, he could sit this one out and just remain FL Governor for four years.

Governors make the best presidents. Just sayin.’

People like Desantis are the future of the GOP and Trump will likely damage that future if he decides to run again.​

Really? What exactly is the difference in aims between Trump and DeSantis other than personality and style?

I could accept another 4 years of Trump were it not for the fact that he is so damn selfish.
Selfish? What did Trump ever refuse to share that affected his handling of the nation? His secret black book on hot women he has known?

We need more people like DeSantis and Lake to take it to the left in the skillful way they do but if Trump decides to run he will have no problem trashing anyone publicly to attain his goals.
So you are saying that there are democrats out there who don't deserve to be trashed?

While that can be entertaining to watch when his target is a leftist it is excruciating to watch when it is a good man or woman on the right.
Maybe Trump is just rightly concerned that if he and DeSantis fall into the trap that democrats want of their fighting with each other rather than join forces against democrats or let Trump finish what he started so that DeSantis can follow with another 8 years, that it could jeopardize everything and allow a democrat to win the WH in 2024? I mean, nice as DeSantis is, where was he in 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, and 2022 while Trump was busy creating and driving the whole MAGA movement? Now Trump is just dead weight? You really think MAGA can survive and move forward now without the guy which invented it?

Yes. The winning ticket is Trump/DeSantis. If DeSantis challenges Trump for the nomination, and in doing so will have to go on the attack against him, he will enrage diehard Trump fans and screw up his chances for 2028.

If he instead becomes VP (via an agreement with Trump not to challenge), he has three short years before he begins his own presidential campaign, and will be well-positioned to win.

Trump/DeSantis 2024

DeSantis/?.? 2028 and 2032

There you go! :clap:

I could accept another 4 years of Trump were it not for the fact that he is so damn selfish.

We need more people like DeSantis and Lake to take it to the left in the skillful way they do but if Trump decides to run he will have no problem trashing anyone publicly to attain his goals. While that can be entertaining to watch when his target is a leftist it is excruciating to watch when it is a good man or woman on the right. His scorched earth mentality has no boundaries and that is just unacceptable to me.

I HOPE Trump decides to use his power in the party to be a positive influence for the GOP not a destructive one.

Probably pointless but one can hope
I’d prefer someone other then trump, Ron especially.

but if the choice is trump or a demafasict…it’s obvious trump

• Thanks
Reactions: DBA
No way should Trump be the VP. His policies need to be right up front. I can see DeSantis as VP, though. He probably wouldn't stab Trump in the back like Pence did.
Weewee on the People

According to the extremely overrated "Founding Fathers," Trump would be Vice-President right now. That's how ignorant they were about political realities. They were the same pompous fools who imposed the dysfunctional Articles of Confederation and forced George Washington to drag out the "Revolutionary" War seven bloody years.

We need more people like DeSantis and Lake to take it to the left in the skillful way they do but if Trump decides to run he will have no problem trashing anyone publicly to attain his goals. While that can be entertaining to watch when his target is a leftist it is excruciating to watch when it is a good man or woman on the right. His scorched earth mentality has no boundaries and that is just unacceptable to me.

I HOPE Trump decides to use his power in the party to be a positive influence for the GOP not a destructive one.

In this regard, Trump needs to adopt the philosophy "That a man has got to know his limitations".
But he's an old dawg, and I doubt that he will.

No way should Trump be the VP. His policies need to be right up front. I can see DeSantis as VP, though.

Well sure. Trump has already BEEN president, DeSantis is just a governor. Trump is DeSantis' ticket to the White House. Between the two, those who love DeSantis would like the pairing because he is in it and now likely candidate for '28, and those who got a bug up their ass about Trump would say, "Well, I like him a lot more with DeSantis than Pence!" Pence had the personality and charm of an ironing board! Trump would liven DeSantis up a bit and get him to loosen up while DeSantis would soften and smooth Trump out a little. And I think DeSantis would be really good at watching Trump's back helping him ferret out better people for in their cabinet and better at detecting weasels.

The pairing would be an unbeatable win-win for the GOP.

I'm no fan of the GOP but I agree, the GOP and the country would be better off without Trump being in it only for Trump.

If only people would vote for the candidate that has the best ideas and the ability to deliver them, Trump would be President right now. I don't understand how people will vote for an imbecile whose policies are destroying our country, just because they don't like the other guy's personality. That's just stupid and self-destructive.

Describe the selfishness that you see.

If only people would vote for the candidate that has the best ideas and the ability to deliver them, Trump would be President right now. I don't understand how people will vote for an imbecile whose policies are destroying our country, just because they don't like the other guy's personality. That's just stupid and self-destructive.

Many people are emotionally immature. They put personality ahead of policy, much like kids do in middle school when voting for student body president. They often vote for the ”cool” popular kid with no ideas over the “nerd” with great ideas. Touchy, freely, liberal stuff instead of taking the pragmatic approach. It is the product of a very spoiled electorate to a large extent.

Well, there is that, as well as his mendacity and capacity to control goons that attack outnumbered police defending democracy while he watches and pleasures himself for hours, but if he clings to his Big Lie that he won a "Landslide!" in 2020, he's not eligible to be a recidivist under the 22nd Amendment.

Many, especially those who seconded Attorney General Barr's characterization of the loser's lie as "Bullshit!" obviously have had enough.

Ivanka Trump on dad's announcement night:

Screen Shot 2022-11-16 at 7.47.20 AM.png

Is DeSantis afraid that Democrats will repeat their successful tactic of funding the crackpot candidate?

Screen Shot 2022-11-16 at 7.56.50 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-11-16 at 7.57.22 AM.png

Forum List

Back