People didn't understand Trump's "Generals reduced to Rubble" comment.. Read this!!

It's called imperialism .

Are you saying that if we pulled our troops out of Germany they'd turn right back into nazis ?

We never had troops in Germany to keep them from "turning back into Nazis."
The reason for Allies keeping troops in Germany was to THWART these people initially... but it later turned into keeping Russia at bay!
But of course people like you don't seem to understand history of warfare!

Eisenhower believed he would be faced with extensive guerrilla warfare, based on the Alpine Redoubt.[47] The fear of Werwolf activity believed to be mustering around Berchtesgaden in the Alps also led to the switch in U.S. operational targets in the middle of March 1945 away from the drive towards Berlin and instead shifted the thrust towards the south and on linking up with the Russians first.[57

Werwolf (pronounced [ˈveːɐ̯vɔlf], German for "werewolf") was the name given to a Nazi plan,
which began development in 1944,[2] to create a resistance force which would operate behind enemy lines as the Allies advanced through Germany.
However Werwolf's propaganda value far outweighed its actual achievements.
In late summer/early autumn 1944, Heinrich Himmler initiated Unternehmen Werwolf (Operation Werwolf), ordering SS Obergruppenführer Hans-Adolf Prützmann to begin organising an elite troop of volunteer forces to operate secretly behind enemy lines. As originally conceived, these Werwolf units were intended to be legitimate uniformed military formations trained to engage in clandestine operations behind enemy lines in the same manner as Allied Special Forces such as Commandos.[7] Prützmann was named Generalinspekteur für Spezialabwehr (General Inspector of Special Defence) and assigned the task of setting up the force's headquarters in Berlin and organising and instructing the force. Prützmann had studied the guerrilla tactics used by Soviet partisans while stationed in the occupied territories of Ukraine, and the idea was to teach these tactics to the members of Operation Werwolf.[8]

Propaganda
Rumors of a secret Nazi guerrilla organization began to surface soon after the Allied invasion of Normandy. The January 27, 1945 issue of Collier's Weekly featured a detailed article by Major Edwin Lessner, stating that elite SS and Hitler Youth were being trained to attack Allied forces and opening with a 1944 quote from Joseph Goebbels: "The enemy (invading German territory) will be taken in the rear by the fanatical population, which will ceaselessly worry him, tie down strong forces and allow him no rest or exploitation of any possible success."[9]

On April 28, 1945, Staff Sergeant Ib Melchior of the US Counter-Intelligence Corps captured six German officers and 25 enlisted men dressed in civilian clothes, who claimed to constitute a Werwolf cell under the command of Colonel Paul Krüger, operating in Schönsee, Bavaria. The group was captured while hiding in an underground tunnel network which contained communications equipment, weapons, explosives and several months' food supplies. Two vehicles were hidden in the forest nearby. Documents discovered in the tunnels listed US military commanders as targets for assassination, including General Dwight D. Eisenhower.[19][20] Krüger stated that in 1943 a school was created in Poland to train men in guerrilla warfare. On 16 September 1944 it was relocated in the town of Thürenberg, Czechoslovakia.[21] Krüger claimed that a total of 1,200 men completed Werwolf training in the school in less than two years. On 1 April 1945 the school was moved to Schönsee and a subterranean base was constructed. The students were instructed to "stay behind, evade capture, and then harass and destroy supply lines of United States troops ... Special emphasis was put on gasoline and oil supplies."[22] According to the G-2 report:

Historians Antony Beevor and Earl F. Ziemke have argued that Werwolf never amounted to a serious threat, and furthermore propose that the plan barely existed. This view is supported by the RAND Corporation, which surveyed the history of US occupations with an eye to advising on Iraq. According to a study by former Ambassador James Dobbins and a team of RAND researchers, there were no American combat casualties after the German surrender.[27]

German historian Golo Mann, in his The History of Germany Since 1789 (1984) also states that "The [Germans'] readiness to work with the victors, to carry out their orders, to accept their advice and their help was genuine; of the resistance which the Allies had expected in the way of 'werwolf' units and nocturnal guerrilla activities, there was no sign."[28]

Werwolf - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Are you saying that if we pulled our troops out of Germany they'd turn right back into nazis ?

The reason for Allies keeping troops in Germany was to THWART these people initially... but it later turned into keeping Russia at bay!

Werwolf (pronounced [ˈveːɐ̯vɔlf], German for "werewolf") was the name given to a Nazi plan,
which began development in 1944,[2] to create a resistance force which would operate behind enemy lines as the Allies advanced through Germany.
In late summer/early autumn 1944, Heinrich Himmler initiated Unternehmen Werwolf (Operation Werwolf), ordering SS Obergruppenführer Hans-Adolf Prützmann to begin organising an elite troop of volunteer forces to operate secretly behind enemy lines. As originally conceived, these Werwolf units were intended to be legitimate uniformed military formations trained to engage in clandestine operations behind enemy lines in the same manner as Allied Special Forces such as Commandos.[7] Prützmann was named Generalinspekteur für Spezialabwehr (General Inspector of Special Defence) and assigned the task of setting up the force's headquarters in Berlin and organising and instructing the force. Prützmann had studied the guerrilla tactics used by Soviet partisans while stationed in the occupied territories of Ukraine, and the idea was to teach these tactics to the members of Operation Werwolf.[8]

Propaganda
Rumors of a secret Nazi guerrilla organization began to surface soon after the Allied invasion of Normandy. The January 27, 1945 issue of Collier's Weekly featured a detailed article by Major Edwin Lessner, stating that elite SS and Hitler Youth were being trained to attack Allied forces and opening with a 1944 quote from Joseph Goebbels: "The enemy (invading German territory) will be taken in the rear by the fanatical population, which will ceaselessly worry him, tie down strong forces and allow him no rest or exploitation of any possible success."[9]

On April 28, 1945, Staff Sergeant Ib Melchior of the US Counter-Intelligence Corps captured six German officers and 25 enlisted men dressed in civilian clothes, who claimed to constitute a Werwolf cell under the command of Colonel Paul Krüger, operating in Schönsee, Bavaria. The group was captured while hiding in an underground tunnel network which contained communications equipment, weapons, explosives and several months' food supplies. Two vehicles were hidden in the forest nearby. Documents discovered in the tunnels listed US military commanders as targets for assassination, including General Dwight D. Eisenhower.[19][20] Krüger stated that in 1943 a school was created in Poland to train men in guerrilla warfare. On 16 September 1944 it was relocated in the town of Thürenberg, Czechoslovakia.[21] Krüger claimed that a total of 1,200 men completed Werwolf training in the school in less than two years. On 1 April 1945 the school was moved to Schönsee and a subterranean base was constructed. The students were instructed to "stay behind, evade capture, and then harass and destroy supply lines of United States troops ... Special emphasis was put on gasoline and oil supplies."[22] According to the G-2 report:

Fighting the SS, yes. We stayed mostly to counter Soviet aggression.

Propaganda

Fighting the SS, yes. We stayed mostly to counter Soviet aggression.
As we should have stayed in IRAQ! Because guess what the Soviets would have done? Same thing ISIS did. Weak government i.e. Iraq needed support, i.e. Germany...
and by Obama NOT willing to negotiate SOFA with Iraq because HE promised he'd ignorantly pull the US troops out ISIS filled the vacuum.
Again what Trump was saying was LISTEN to the generals! Not the ones that are there now because they were Obama butt kissers!
Remember Obama purged many of the military experts who tried to explain that keeping a sizable force in Iraq was just like after WWII/Korea!

Well you're right about that. Germans were trying to get into the US sector of occupied Germany for fear of the USSR. We were there to keep the USSR from taking more land.

Last edited:
This is what happened to Generals that opposed Obama . T.

Do we really want a President Trump - who needs explainers to explain his each and every gaff and insult?

OH really?
Who did the "explaining" about these "gaffes and insults"???
Barack Obama made a more elementary flub when, during the 2008 campaign, he said: “I’ve now been in 57 states-I think one left to go.”
Obama: "A comrade of yours, Jared Monti, was the first person who I was able to award the Medal of Honor to who actually came back and wasn’t receiving it posthumously.” Wrong hero
During a trip to London’s Westminster Abbey, President Obama signed the guest book and dated it 24 May 2008. Oops. It was 2011.
Clinton in Kentucky: “Sen. Clinton, I think, is much better known, coming from a nearby state of Arkansas.
“I don’t know what the term is in Austrian” for “wheeling and dealing.” Oops, Mr. President. There is no Austrian language.
Ten thousand people died-an entire town destroyed.” He was only off by 9,988 as the twister killed 12 people.
In his remarks, Obama made a reference to daughter Malia, saying she was 13 years old, when at the time she was 12
“No, no. I have been practicing. … I bowled a 129. It’s like-it was like Special Olympics, or something.”
“What I was suggesting-you’re absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith,”
before Stephanopoulos jumped in to help, saying ”your Christian faith.”
We're the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad." —Cincinnati, OH, Sept. 22, 2011. There is only one problem, Mr. President, the United States built the transcontinental railroad.
"Let me be absolutely clear. Israel is a strong friend of Israel's. It will be a strong friend of Israel's under a McCain...administration.
Our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes and I see many of them in the audience here today.” So, you see servicemen and women that have been killed in defense of our nation?
“If you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that! Someone else made that happen!” He took a lot of flak over this and rightfully so.
When I meet with world leaders, what's striking -- whether it's in Europe or here in Asia..." -mistakenly referring to Hawaii as Asia while holding a press conference outside Honolulu, Nov. 16, 2011. So, the man who was born in Hawaii doesn't know what continent it is on. Hawaii is Asia now? Umm, okay.
“O-I-H-O” – Barack Obama misspelling Ohio at a campaign event. Oh boy. At least he knows where Hawaii is...oh. Well, OIHO must be the 57th state.
“I’m here with the Girardo family here in St. Louis.” Obama while in Kansas City speaking via satellite to the Democratic National Convention, while in Kansas City, Missouri, Aug. 25, 2008.
Navy Corpse-Man Christian Brossard." –mispronouncing "Corpsman" (the "ps" is silent) during a speech at the National Prayer Breakfast, Washington, D.C., Feb. 5, 2010. The Corpsman's name is also Christopher, not Christian.
"UPS and FedEx are doing just fine, right? It's the Post Office that's always having problems." –attempting to make the case for government-run healthcare, while simultaneously undercutting his own argument, Portsmouth, N.H., Aug. 11, 2009. Oh boy.
Top 10 Obama Gaffes | Human Events

This from the man Evan Thomas editor of NewsWeek once said:
"I mean in a way Obama’s standing above the country, above – above the world, he’s sort of God."
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/kyle-drennen/2009/06/05/newsweek-s-evan-thomas-obama-sort-god

Do we really want a President Trump - who needs explainers to explain his each and every gaff and insult?

OH really?
Barack Obama made a more elementary flub when, during the 2008 campaign, he said: “I’ve now been in 57 states-I think one left to go.”
Obama: "A comrade of yours, Jared Monti, was the first person who I was able to award the Medal of Honor to who actually came back and wasn’t receiving it posthumously.” Wrong hero
During a trip to London’s Westminster Abbey, President Obama signed the guest book and dated it 24 May 2008. Oops. It was 2011.
Clinton in Kentucky: “Sen. Clinton, I think, is much better known, coming from a nearby state of Arkansas.
“I don’t know what the term is in Austrian” for “wheeling and dealing.” Oops, Mr. President. There is no Austrian language.
Ten thousand people died-an entire town destroyed.” He was only off by 9,988 as the twister killed 12 people.
In his remarks, Obama made a reference to daughter Malia, saying she was 13 years old, when at the time she was 12
“No, no. I have been practicing. … I bowled a 129. It’s like-it was like Special Olympics, or something.”
“What I was suggesting-you’re absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith,”
We're the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad." —Cincinnati, OH, Sept. 22, 2011. There is only one problem, Mr. President, the United States built the transcontinental railroad.
"Let me be absolutely clear. Israel is a strong friend of Israel's. It will be a strong friend of Israel's under a McCain...administration.
Our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes and I see many of them in the audience here today.” So, you see servicemen and women that have been killed in defense of our nation?
“If you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that! Someone else made that happen!” He took a lot of flak over this and rightfully so.
When I meet with world leaders, what's striking -- whether it's in Europe or here in Asia..." -mistakenly referring to Hawaii as Asia while holding a press conference outside Honolulu, Nov. 16, 2011. So, the man who was born in Hawaii doesn't know what continent it is on. Hawaii is Asia now? Umm, okay.
“O-I-H-O” – Barack Obama misspelling Ohio at a campaign event. Oh boy. At least he knows where Hawaii is...oh. Well, OIHO must be the 57th state.
“I’m here with the Girardo family here in St. Louis.” Obama while in Kansas City speaking via satellite to the Democratic National Convention, while in Kansas City, Missouri, Aug. 25, 2008.
Navy Corpse-Man Christian Brossard." –mispronouncing "Corpsman" (the "ps" is silent) during a speech at the National Prayer Breakfast, Washington, D.C., Feb. 5, 2010. The Corpsman's name is also Christopher, not Christian.
"UPS and FedEx are doing just fine, right? It's the Post Office that's always having problems." –attempting to make the case for government-run healthcare, while simultaneously undercutting his own argument, Portsmouth, N.H., Aug. 11, 2009. Oh boy.

"I mean in a way Obama’s standing above the country, above – above the world, he’s sort of God."
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/kyle-drennen/2009/06/05/newsweek-s-evan-thomas-obama-sort-god

8 years and that's all you got ?

Trump has more just in this last year!

OH really?

8 years and that's all you got ?

Trump has more just in this last year!
Prove it! I gave you exact events. You provided nothing! Prove to me your statement!

Forum List

Back