People are commiting sucide because of Pain.

Dan Stubbs

FORGET ---- HELL
May 4, 2017
Some where in the Deep South.
“Patients with chronic pain, who are stable and, arguably, benefiting from long-term opioids, face draconian and often rapid involuntary dose reductions,” the letter continued. “Often, alternative pain care options are not offered, not covered by insurers, or not accessible … Consequently, patients have endured not only unnecessary suffering, but some have turned to suicide or illicit substance use. Others have experienced preventable hospitalizations or medical deterioration.”

The real facts are not being reported by the CDC because it show error in how they approached the problem, and the increase in older people dying from suicide has greatly increased. Just one of many stories:
Meredith Lawrence, who lived in Tennessee with her husband, Jay, while he suffered decades of pain following a tractor-trailer accident, recalled the helplessness she felt watching him suffer, while his dosage of opioids was being sharply reduced.

Lawrence said the doctor who had treated him successfully for years was very clear about his decision to taper down the dosage.

“He said ‘My patients’ quality of life is not worth risking my practice or my license over,'" she told Fox News. "I’ll never forget that.”

“Jay felt like they gave up on him,” she said, recalling what finally prompted her husband to kill himself. “That was the day Jay gave up. He felt the doctor gave up – and he gave up.”Doctors caught between struggling opioid patients and crackdown on prescriptions

I take zero after years of getting 120 hydrocodones and 90 methadone a month along with gabapentin, meloxicam and cyclo-benzaprine...Weed is so much better..

Any moron could have seen this coming.....legalized malpractice on a national scale......but I bet if the DR's kin need something they get it

WOW! That is really very sad to hear....

My mother is going through something similar... she's in her 80's now... has been given an opiod for pain for arthritis so she can get a few hours sleep at night for almost a decade now... she hurt herself recently while cleaning the house and injured her back... they did a minor surgery on her back 3 months ago, which did not relieve the pain, even after physical therapy... it's actually gotten worse, she can't stand or sit without excruciating pain, laying down is bearable... anyway she's been to the ER twice the last 5 weeks cuz she can't deal with the pain but doesn't want to lay down 24/7...

ok...i'll cut it short... it took 5 weeks to get her 1 more pain killer a day, so she could stand up and walk again...

just 1 opiod pill for the day... it was one doctor after another that she had to see... they hymned and hawed and delayed, delayed, delayed... she's 80 something for goodness sake! Just give it to her already!

Reminds me of when my Italian grandfather was 86, his new doctor told him he could not drink his glass of red wine with dinner every night, this man has drank a glass of red wine with his dinner since he was probably 18 years old, near 70 fricking years and the doctor tells him he can't do it anymore.... for the life of me, I can not remember why, but there was a reason... so mom and grandmom kept the vino from him and he was absolutely miserable...

My mom took him to another doctor for a second opinion and this Doctor said, ''OH dear heavens, let the man have whatever he wants, at his age!!!''

So gramps went back to having his vino again and died happily in his 90's!

Last edited:
  • Banned
WOW! That is really very sad to hear....

My mother is going through something similar... she's in her 80's now... has been given an opiod for pain for arthritis so she can get a few hours sleep at night for almost a decade now... she hurt herself recently while cleaning the house and injured her back... they did a minor surgery on her back 3 months ago, which did not relieve the pain, even after physical therapy... it's actually gotten worse, she can't stand or sit without excruciating pain, laying down is bearable... anyway she's been to the ER twice the last 5 weeks cuz she can't deal with the pain but doesn't want to lay down 24/7...

ok...i'll cut it short... it took 5 weeks to get her 1 more pain killer a day, so she could stand up and walk again...

just 1 opiod pill for the day... it was one doctor after another that she had to see... they hymned and hawed and delayed, delayed, delayed... she's 80 something for goodness sake! Just give it to her already!

Reminds me of when my Italian grandfather was 86, his new doctor told him he could not drink his glass of red wine with dinner every night, this man has drank a glass of red wine with his dinner since he was probably 18 years old, near 70 fricking years and the doctor tells him he can't do it anymore.... for the life of me, I can not remember why, but there was a reason... so mom and grandmom kept the vino from him and he was absolutely miserable...

My mom took him to another doctor for a second opinion and this Doctor said, ''OH dear heavens, let the man have whatever he wants, at his age!!!''

So gramps went back to having his vino again and died happily in his 90's!
Same thing happened with my Father In Law, drank a six pack every day for 66 years. Doctor told him to stop, he did and died three week later. I call it system shock.

Pain clinics...we need more of them...but there has been abuse....bad greedy people ruin everything....

“It’s mass hysteria, a witch hunt. It’s one of the worst health care crises in our history,” said Kline, who has 26,000 Twitter followers, and a website where he publishes the names of those who he said committed suicide after having their opioids cut back or eliminated. “There are five to seven million people being tortured on purpose.”
“It feels like every nerve in my body is on fire,” he told his wife.

Meredith said she and her husband went to their primary care physician and asked for a referral to another pain clinic. They were told it would take a minimum of six weeks.

That was too much for Lawrence. In March, on the day of his next medical appointment, when his painkiller dosage was to be reduced again, he instead went to a nearby park with his wife. And on the very spot where they renewed their wedding vows just two years earlier, they held hands.

He raised a gun to his chest and killed himself. As doctors taper or end opioid prescriptions, many patients driven to despair, suicide
Well at least politicians get to strut around and proclaim how righteous they are for "doing " something...doesn't matter what they did was idiotic

Opioids are such horrible drugs, the cause death from overdose and death by not having enough of it. Say what you will about weed, it isn't perfect by any means but it won't kill. It could help millions of people with chronic pain but the FDA won't take it off of schedule 1 because that is what their drug company masters want.

This is very interesting. This is happening now, two years after oxycodon(?) was legalized and made available without prescription. So I think this is the government's backlash for legalizing the most addictive pain killer a couple of years ago.

There is supposed to be a pain pill coming out soon that is non-addictive. Problem is it just takes way too long for a pill to get approved and put out on the market. I'll be honest, I've tried Kratom and it didn't really do much... then I've tried CBD oil but it isn't covered by insurance and it is expensive. One month bottle cost $70 or more. The CBD oil helped some, but it is meant to just help the pain pills work better.

As one of the troops in the field i can honestly say the system does not care about it's patients , it's all insurance & liability driven ~S~

There is supposed to be a pain pill coming out soon that is non-addictive. Problem is it just takes way too long for a pill to get approved and put out on the market. I'll be honest, I've tried Kratom and it didn't really do much... then I've tried CBD oil but it isn't covered by insurance and it is expensive. One month bottle cost $70 or more. The CBD oil helped some, but it is meant to just help the pain pills work better.
I have no doubt this idiocy was some donors brainchild to get business funneled to him.....best not to appear too soon after the fact lest rubes make the connection

Last edited:
I have an opiod prescription for joint pain. Apparently the name of the pill is banned which is weird. Anywho I try to keep it to one a week or so, mostly when I just can't sleep from the discomfort. The last thing I need is a pill addiction.

My view is we should deregulate drugs. We also should make it completely illegal to get government funded medical services while on drugs.

Forum List

Back