Pennsylvania Union Leader Criticized for Threatening Legal Action Over Boy Scout's Vo

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
A Pennsylvania union leader has come under fire after threatening legal action against the city of Allentown for allowing a Boy Scout to voluntarily clear a walking path in a local park.

Nick Balzano, president of the Service Employees International Union's Allentown chapter, said last week that the union might file a grievance against the city for allowing 17-year-old Kevin Anderson to clear the hiking trail, instead of paying some of the 39 recently laid-off SEIU members to do the work.

Balzano's office did not return messages left by FoxNews.com, but the Morning Call quoted him as telling the city council that the union would be "looking into the Cub Scout or Boy Scout who did the trails … There's to be no volunteers

Pennsylvania Union Leader Criticized for Threatening Legal Action Over Boy Scout's Volunteerism - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

Asswipes!

Unbelievable. A kid doing the work of 39 men. They should be embarrassed enough to not let it public. Despicable.

My son I an Eagle Scout. You should see the projects he and his fellow scouts have done in our community. A lawsuit like this could have a chilling effect on the program. But who cares right? They won't let homos go camping with little boys. They deserve to be destroyed Errrr!

I thought Mr Obama wanted people to volunteer?
I bet this kid is a liberal that took Mr Obama to heart, and now the evil conservative union bosses want to stop him from helping.

I bet this kid is a liberal that took Mr Obama to heart, and now the evil conservative union bosses want to stop him from helping.

Must be a sarcastic post, I am interested in Obama and his "volunteer" program.

This is straight Mao marxism right from the history books, Anita Dunn loves Mao, Obama loves marxism, what they do not like is the exercise of ones free will, you are encouraged to volunteer but it must be through the "state".

Must be a sarcastic post, I am interested in Obama and his "volunteer" program.

This is straight Mao marxism right from the history books, Anita Dunn loves Mao, Obama loves marxism, what they do not like is the exercise of ones free will, you are encouraged to volunteer but it must be through the "state".

Good point, the 17 year old kid didn't register through the state, and it put a halt to 39 stimulus package jobs.

This kid had to be a republican plant sent in to sabotage Obama's stimulus plan ...........

So Obama gets to count this as 39 jobs created right? Sounds like they needed to layoff just one more guy huh folks?

Amazing that a kid can do the job of 39 people. Goes to show how "hard working" those union members were.

Amazing that a kid can do the job of 39 people. Goes to show how "hard working" those union members were.

The kid does not do the work by himself. He is supposed to show leadership by leading a group of volunteers in the project

Fucking unions.

here's how a union work crew does the job that one kid can do.

First, you have to call in the raker's union people so they can remove the leaves and only the leaves from the path.

Then you need to call the stick picker upper union so another crew can come in and pick up the twigs on the path

Now the pebble and rock relocator union comes in and moves stones off the path

And don't forget that all these people get a minimum of 4 hours pay and an hour lunch break even if they only work for 20 minutes.

You think I'm kidding?

Fucking unions.

here's how a union work crew does the job that one kid can do.

First, you have to call in the raker's union people so they can remove the leaves and only the leaves from the path.

Then you need to call the stick picker upper union so another crew can come in and pick up the twigs on the path

Now the pebble and rock relocator union comes in and moves stones off the path

And don't forget that all these people get a minimum of 4 hours pay and an hour lunch break even if they only work for 20 minutes.

You think I'm kidding?

no,, but you missed the mark,, they strike for a month so nobody don't pick up nuttin! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

While it's no secret where I stand when it comes to Unions, and many of you I have debated on the topic. I'm almost willing to bet that the average SEIU Member would not support the statements made by the above mention Union Leader or anyone for that matter who would support a statement like that. The facts are this young man did a good thing and did so through hard work and his efforts should be applauded and I'm quite sure that even though I may disagree with Unions from time to time, that his efforts are appreciated by most Union members as they are non-Union members.

I can just imagine the union conversation that led up to the threatened lawsuit.

Union thugs to union officer: Hey Little-Nicky, some boy scout is cuttin our weeds, the ones we didn't cut all freakin summer. Now the little prick is making a nice path thru the weeds! I want to break the little prick's legs, okay?

Little Nicky: Hold on, that would look real bad, "Eagle scout attacked by union thugs". Not a good idea. Let me scare the little prick off by threatening a lawsuit. That should stop him.

When it's the man in charge, noose...

he was a local guy not the head of the seiu
He's still an organizational leader, whether it be local or the "top."

When Rick Perry spoke out in favor of secession back in the spring, it kinda reflected on the state of Texas in most minds, did it not?

Well, same here with a particular union in PA.

Rick Perry is the governor of the state, a much much higher position regarding his place in the state as compared to this guys position in the SEIU.

Forum List

Back