Penn State Football Death Penalty?

Should the MSM whine about the PSU football program??

• No, the football team was not involved, it is not a player issue.

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • Yes, its because sells newspapers and bumps ratings

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • This will be the "Mother of all Lawsuits" PSU v. NCAA if the "Death Penalty" is imposed

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • The MSM needs to protect traditional values, like it always does.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kyzr

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2009
The AL part of PA
Why is the Penn State football program being given the "Death Penalty" on Meet the Press??

The football coaches and players had zero to do with a child molester's actions. Why the hell should the MSM be whining for the NCAA to punish the $75,000,000 a year PSU football program? How the hell is that any business of the MSM? Why don't they hunt down NAMBLA members?

Lets vote on a few things...

Why is the Penn State football program being given the "Death Penalty" on Meet the Press??

The football coaches and players had zero to do with a child molester's actions. Why the hell should the MSM be whining for the NCAA to punish the $75,000,000 a year PSU football program? How the hell is that any business of the MSM? Why don't they hunt down NAMBLA members?

Sandusky was a coach. Paterno was a coach. THEY AND THE TOP ADMINISTRATION DID NOT GIVE A DAMN, THEY SIMPLY ALLOWED THOSE ACTIONS TO TAKE PLACE. (what could be more reprehensible than that?)

It would be unreasonable to think that some players, over the years, did not know the score.

If the players are good enough they can transfer elsewhere until Penn state regains some credibility.

MSM is "Main Stream Media", like the Meet the Press show, and other TV shows that have zero to do with the football season. They are not "Evangelicals" or censors enforcing Traditional American Values on the country. The MSM opposes traditional values more than they promote them.

Case in point, the MSM like the "my two dads" type of show as opposed to "Ozzie & Harriet".

Sandusky was a coach. Paterno was a coach. THEY AND THE TOP ADMINISTRATION DID NOT GIVE A DAMN, THEY SIMPLY ALLOWED THOSE ACTIONS TO TAKE PLACE. (what could be more reprehensible than that?)

It would be unreasonable to think that some players, over the years, did not know the score. If the players are good enough they can transfer elsewhere until Penn state regains some credibility.

No one "allowed" any actions to take place. The PSU Board will take any actions needed to preclude any gay coaches from being on campus ever again. The PSU football program is as clean as can be, it should not be punished, which would only punish the players, and fans. Not to mention the $75,000,000 in annual income that the school needs desperately, which would punish everyone. Would you like to see all female sports cancelled indefinitely?

The NCAA should absolutely give Penn State the death penalty, for at least one season, but two would be better. And allow the players to transfer to other schools without losing any eligibility.

It would be unreasonable to think that some players, over the years, did not know the score.

If the players are good enough they can transfer elsewhere until Penn state regains some credibility.

all were fired , Sandusky is in prison for life, Paterno is dead, and the others are facing charges both civil and criminal. Who do you want to punish?

The NCAA should absolutely give Penn State the death penalty, for at least one season, but two would be better. And allow the players to transfer to other schools without losing any eligibility.

You don't say why the innocent should be punished.

Just think about the unintended consequences of losing $75,000,000 a year on the school, such as
cancellation of most sports programs. say all women's programs, like their championship volleyball program, many coaches will be put on leave
cancellation of many school funded research programs and activities
punishment of many low income scholarship recipients
the raising of tuition and fees on students, which means more student loans

All in all, punishing the school is a horrible idea, I hope the Board fights like hell for the innocent students.

Just think about the unintended consequences of losing $75,000,000 a year on the school, such as
cancellation of most sports programs. say all women's programs, like their championship volleyball program, many coaches will be put on leave

All in all, punishing the school is a horrible idea, I hope the Board fights like hell for the innocent students.

Actions have consequences, personal responsibility and all that stuff conservatives are always babbling about.

all were fired , Sandusky is in prison for life, Paterno is dead, and the others are facing charges both civil and criminal. Who do you want to punish?

To me being fired is a slap on the wrist. Paterno wasn't punished he simply died. I want to send a message to the administration that such actions in the future will entail a very real financial penalty to the institution. Maybe that will make them do their job.

Firing as punishment for this crime? Give me a break!

Actions have consequences, personal responsibility and all that stuff conservatives are always babbling about.

You are wrong. Conservatives are all for punishment for bad deeds, preferably in the form of itsy bitsy fines for the institution while letting the guilty individuals run free. Nor do they generally require any admission of guilt or wrongdoing.

Two guys got fired. BIG DEAL!!! They will probably be reporting for work at another school as soon as their separation and bonus clauses run out.

What does a university do when it's in serious trouble? Find out who condoned and supported the coach's felonies and fire them? Nope, they are redesigning the showers. Go figure.

Punishing the innocent also has consequences. If you're okay cancelling women's sports and firing all gay employees, maybe some good can come out of an NCAA death penalty. However, with the economy so bad, sending many more folks to the unemployment line is a dumb idea. I'm not sure how your "personal responsibility" argument works? Lets look forward to Sandusky getting abused for the rest of his life in prison.

It would be unreasonable to think that some players, over the years, did not know the score. If the players are good enough they can transfer elsewhere until Penn state regains some credibility.

No one "allowed" any actions to take place. The PSU Board will take any actions needed to preclude any gay coaches from being on campus ever again. The PSU football program is as clean as can be, it should not be punished, which would only punish the players, and fans. Not to mention the $75,000,000 in annual income that the school needs desperately, which would punish everyone. Would you like to see all female sports cancelled indefinitely?

Sandusky was not gay. He was a pedophile. If you don't know the difference you shouldn't be talking about it.

As you conservatives say..........Can't do the time don't do the crime. Actions have consequences, as well they should lest lessons be forgotten.

Penn State "desperately" needs money like an alcoholic needs booze.

To me being fired is a slap on the wrist. Paterno wasn't punished he simply died. I want to send a message to the administration that such actions in the future will entail a very real financial penalty to the institution. Maybe that will make them do their job.

losing your career in not a slap on the wrist and facing jail time and civil lawsuit. Not much you can do about death but sue Paterno estate in civil court.

losing your career in not a slap on the wrist and facing jail time and civil lawsuit. Not much you can do about death but sue Paterno estate in civil court.

You honestly think these guys have "lost their careers". You just don't understand the good
the good old boy clubs do you?

You honestly think these guys have "lost their careers". You just don't understand the good

I may be naive but i don't see them holding a position of authority in any major university ever again.

Last edited:

I may be naive but i don't them holding a position of authority in any major university ever again.

I hope you are right but I don't think they will miss a beat. There will be no publicity when they are hired for substantial positions with substantial wages at substantial institutions, be they academic, business or government.

Business or academic world it makes no difference. You reach a certain level and your buddies will take care of you. ............even if you are reprehensible!

Punishing the innocent also has consequences. If you're okay cancelling women's sports and firing all gay employees, maybe some good can come out of an NCAA death penalty. However, with the economy so bad, sending many more folks to the unemployment line is a dumb idea. I'm not sure how your "personal responsibility" argument works? Lets look forward to Sandusky getting abused for the rest of his life in prison.

I guess you missed the part where I said I'd let the students transfer without losing any eligibility. Regardless, the NCAA is a private organization and I support private enterprise, but only private enterprise I believe I can trust. The right thing for the NCAA to do IMO is levy the death penalty on Penn State for the institution's complicity in covering up for a pedophile. In a free market, the NCAA has every right if not obligation to do so and Penn State is free to join some other Collegiate Athletic Association. Do you not support a free market?

Forum List

Back