Penn State Football Death Penalty?

Should the MSM whine about the PSU football program??

• No, the football team was not involved, it is not a player issue.

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • Yes, its because sells newspapers and bumps ratings

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • This will be the "Mother of all Lawsuits" PSU v. NCAA if the "Death Penalty" is imposed

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • The MSM needs to protect traditional values, like it always does.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
In the end it was this one sick fuck that has destroyed a once great football program, and now for many years to come anytime anyone brings up Penn State football, people are going to think about this sad disgusting situation before they think about anything else when it comes to Penn State.
Unfortunately the people who looked the other way, now have to share some of the blame.

What should be discussed is the out-sized and frankly ridiculous place that state-sponsored college football occupies in our State budgets. It's positively asinine that our tax monies are going to pay coaches millions to build football stadiums for hundreds of millions so that it can be a farm system for a multi-billion dollar industry.

I love football as much as anyone but this is something that should be ended today.

MSM is "Main Stream Media", like the Meet the Press show, and other TV shows that have zero to do with the football season. They are not "Evangelicals" or censors enforcing Traditional American Values on the country. The MSM opposes traditional values more than they promote them.

Case in point, the MSM like the "my two dads" type of show as opposed to "Ozzie & Harriet".

I think you could say that the "MSM " simply fills an economic need. What could be more American and capitalist than that? If our morals were up to snuff we would not have to be coerced..

I am always amazed at the "moralists" who lack the character to deny temptations. They must hire an army of the faithful to remove them from their sight.

The NCAA needs to demonstrate that they have their priorities in order

They can give a death penalty for some petty recruiting violations but not for covering up a little boy being raped in the shower?

Yes. PSU football should get the DP. The coaches AND the administration covered this up for years. Recruiting cheating pales in comparison to that.

The NCAA should absolutely give Penn State the death penalty, for at least one season, but two would be better. And allow the players to transfer to other schools without losing any eligibility.

You don't say why the innocent should be punished.

Just think about the unintended consequences of losing $75,000,000 a year on the school, such as
cancellation of most sports programs. say all women's programs, like their championship volleyball program, many coaches will be put on leave
cancellation of many school funded research programs and activities
punishment of many low income scholarship recipients
the raising of tuition and fees on students, which means more student loans

All in all, punishing the school is a horrible idea, I hope the Board fights like hell for the innocent students.

Actions have consequences, personal responsibility and all that stuff conservatives are always babbling about.

Take down the statue of Paterno and that is about it. The team had nothing to do with his proclivity for other males, after all he was obviously born that way. Shutting down the season effects more then just the team and the school. No one is defending what the officials at the school did or more to the point didn't do. I believe they are being adequately punished for their PERSONAL responsibility. Saying that punishing a team for the actions of the officials is taking personal responsibility is a joke.

Now I would say that anyone who wants to transfer away for PS should be allowed without penalty.

Sandusky was a coach. Paterno was a coach. THEY AND THE TOP ADMINISTRATION DID NOT GIVE A DAMN, THEY SIMPLY ALLOWED THOSE ACTIONS TO TAKE PLACE. (what could be more reprehensible than that?)

It would be unreasonable to think that some players, over the years, did not know the score. If the players are good enough they can transfer elsewhere until Penn state regains some credibility.

No one "allowed" any actions to take place. The PSU Board will take any actions needed to preclude any gay coaches from being on campus ever again. The PSU football program is as clean as can be, it should not be punished, which would only punish the players, and fans. Not to mention the $75,000,000 in annual income that the school needs desperately, which would punish everyone. Would you like to see all female sports cancelled indefinitely?

Sandusky was not gay. He was a pedophile. If you don't know the difference you shouldn't be talking about it.

As you conservatives say..........Can't do the time don't do the crime. Actions have consequences, as well they should lest lessons be forgotten.

Penn State "desperately" needs money like an alcoholic needs booze.

Would not the definitions be gay pedophile?

:rolleyes:

Whether or not Sandusky is 'gay', in addition to being a pedophile, is not germane to any consideration about whether the NCAA should issue the death penalty.

Whether or not Sandusky is 'gay', in addition to being a pedophile, is not germane to any consideration about whether the NCAA should issue the death penalty.

Why is it not germane? Here is what I think, Paterno is an old italian and I will bet when faced with the stituation he said he didn't want bothered with this BS. Paterno bad.

Now how on Earth do we as a people condemn this action so much and want to shut down football over the action, or inaction of a few, yet there are organizations that promote this same behavior and apparently are protected?

BTW you brought up the distinction.

Last edited:

Why is it not germane? Here is what I think, Paterno is an old italian and I will bet when faced with the stituation he said he didn't want bothered with this BS. Paterno bad.

Now how on Earth do we as a people condemn this action so much and want to shut down football over the action, or inaction of a few, yet there are organizations that promote this same behavior and apparently are protected?

BTW you brought up the distinction.

Babbling incoherently does not a convincing argument make.

If we disagree about the magnitude of an institution wide cover up, that led to even more sexual abuse of children, fine, we can disagree. If you have any valid rebuttal to the facts and arguments I've laid out, I trust you'll be getting to that shortly, no?

No one "allowed" any actions to take place. The PSU Board will take any actions needed to preclude any gay coaches from being on campus ever again. The PSU football program is as clean as can be, it should not be punished, which would only punish the players, and fans. Not to mention the $75,000,000 in annual income that the school needs desperately, which would punish everyone. Would you like to see all female sports cancelled indefinitely?

Sandusky was not gay. He was a pedophile. If you don't know the difference you shouldn't be talking about it.

As you conservatives say..........Can't do the time don't do the crime. Actions have consequences, as well they should lest lessons be forgotten.

No.

Why is the Penn State football program being given the "Death Penalty" on Meet the Press??

The football coaches and players had zero to do with a child molester's actions. Why the hell should the MSM be whining for the NCAA to punish the $75,000,000 a year PSU football program? How the hell is that any business of the MSM? Why don't they hunt down NAMBLA members?

Lets vote on a few things...

Sandusky was a coach. Paterno was a coach. THEY AND THE TOP ADMINISTRATION DID NOT GIVE A DAMN, THEY SIMPLY ALLOWED THOSE ACTIONS TO TAKE PLACE. (what could be more reprehensible than that?)

It would be unreasonable to think that some players, over the years, did not know the score.

If the players are good enough they can transfer elsewhere until Penn state regains some credibility.

They did a lot more than just "allow" it to go on for all those years. They actively protected a monster because football and the money it brings in is more important than the many children's lives that were ruined.

AND -

How do we know there are not more involved in this coverup? How high did the coverup go?

College employees literally pimped for Sandusky. THAT should have enormous consequences. The "death penalty" doesn't begin to satisfy that.

No.

Why can't rw's understand that the two are not related in any way?

BTW, I got a warning for using the "p" word. I can't imagine why but I did. When I got the warning, the mod/admin didn't tell me what we're supposed to call them. I guess "child molester" is okay to use.

No.

Why can't rw's understand that the two are not related in any way?

BTW, I got a warning for using the "p" word. I can't imagine why but I did. When I got the warning, the mod/admin didn't tell me what we're supposed to call them. I guess "child molester" is okay to use.

If you received a warning for the word 'pedophile', it probably had more to do with context than the word itself. It's against the rules to accuse another member (implied or otherwise) of being a pedophile.

I don't think the student football players should be punished.

As for the queer-enabler faculty and staff that allowed it to happen, they should be fined or better yet thrown in jail for covering up crimes.

Yes. PSU football should get the DP. The coaches AND the administration covered this up for years. Recruiting cheating pales in comparison to that.

Recruiting violations result in sanctions because it gives a football team an undeserved advantage. The same thing would apply to football players who are given passing grades they do not deserve in order to protect their eligibility. It's all about keeping a level playing field among the competing teams.

Different violations call for different sanctions. For the rape of a young boy, civil and criminal sanctions are appropriate. Punishing the entire football program targets the wrong people. Where there ethical violations? OF course. But the violations had noting to do with the operation of the football program.

The rape of a young boy, however detestable, has nothing whatsoever to do with fairness on he football field, and the NCAA should not and will not get involved.

Recruiting violations result in sanctions because it gives a football team an undeserved advantage. The same thing would apply to football players who are given passing grades they do not deserve in order to protect their eligibility. It's all about keeping a level playing field among the competing teams.

Different violations call for different sanctions. For the rape of a young boy, civil and criminal sanctions are appropriate. Punishing the entire football program targets the wrong people. Where there ethical violations? OF course. But the violations had noting to do with the operation of the football program.

The rape of a young boy, however detestable, has nothing whatsoever to do with fairness on he football field, and the NCAA should not and will not get involved.

:lmao:

And the sugar in ice cream has nothing to do with why it's sweet.

I agree w/ G. Will on This Week:

George Will: Money in College Sports Leads to 'Moral Derangement' | MRCTV
"When you graft a multi-billion-dollar entertainment industry anomalously on to higher education, you produce a bubble of entitlements and exemptions, and eventually a simple moral derangement.

The guy sitting next to him made a good point too about another large institution that put its own welfare above those of its constituent members :eusa_whistle:

Penn State's program should be made to walk to the athletics program graveyard, forced to dig its own grave next to the own of SMU, forced to kneel with its arms held behind, shot in the neck, the body tumbled into the grave, lye spread over it, then the hole filled in.

In fact, the program should not be permitted to be resurrected, ever.

Forum List

Back