Pence

Jefferson forgot to mention that fact in his Declaration of
Independence

Yes. Isn't that amazing? The Constitution says absolutely nothing about it.
To messers. Nehemiah Dodge, Ephraim Robbins, & Stephen S. Nelson, a committee of the Danbury Baptist association in the state of Connecticut.

Gentlemen

The affectionate sentiments of esteem and approbation which you are so good as to express towards me, on behalf of the Danbury Baptist association, give me the highest satisfaction. my duties dictate a faithful and zealous pursuit of the interests of my constituents, & in proportion as they are persuaded of my fidelity to those duties, the discharge of them becomes more and more pleasing.

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between Church & State. Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties.

I reciprocate your kind prayers for the protection & blessing of the common father and creator of man, and tender you for yourselves & your religious association, assurances of my high respect & esteem.

Th Jefferson
Jan. 1. 1802.

Jefferson's Letter to the Danbury Baptists (June 1998) - Library of Congress Information Bulletin

You have no reading comprehension skills? The Constitution prohibits Congress. It does not prohibit the Church. Read what it actually says the comments " thus building a wall of separation between Church and State" is NOT included within the wording of the Constitution.

Go to Church, but the Government is not Church. The Government is separate from Church. If you need to be preached to and have laws to keep you pure, move to Saudi Arabia.

The problem is that there is absolutely nothing to prevent a Senator from preaching to the Senate any day he pleases.

Even I (rosie) would consider preaching a specific sect to the
Senate to be IN BAD FORM

He puts his Christianity first, which is a problem when one runs for an office in the US, where we are known for freedom of religion and the separation of church and state. Kaine realizes his personal life is different than his professional life where one must honor the civil rights of others.
Cant see much Christianity in his views.

I don't really think a homosexual could see anything Christian in anything.

Which is why Kaine is better, he understand the difference between his theology and his job.

That and odds are he's traveled the Hershey Highway
You would be the expert when it comes to the good ole Hershey Highway. You've had you head up trump's ass since he was nominated. What's it smell like up there, cottage cheese thighs?

What do you think this country was founded on???? Hint, Separation of Church and state.

Do you have anything that actually speaks to that? Apparently you don't because nothing exists that requires there be any separation. You have been listening to college professors who have been feeding you bull crap. If you have anything post it.

Leave our penny alone----she never read a WHOLE book----or the USA constitution. She just "knows" what "everyone"
"knows"

here is some lite reading on , you should be able to manage.

First Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

read it again----the LEMON TEST----clearly does NOT
PRECLUDE religious influence on the beliefs and guiding principles and actions of politicians lawmakers>>>

Lemon test>>>
  1. the statute (or practice) lacked a secular purpose;
  2. its principal or primary effect advanced or inhibited religion; or
  3. it fostered an excessive government entanglement with religion.
as an example----1) limitations on abortion DOES have
secular justification ----demonstrated psychic and physical
issues on women who undergo multiple abortions
2) limitation of abortion does not touch # 2---its PRIMARY
effect does not touch religion at all
3) same as 1 & 2 even if a lawmaker is anti abortion on
religious grounds-----there are also NON religious reasons
for limiting abortion. The amendment does LIMIT
a religious person or a non-religious person on the
grounds of religiosity or lack thereof. ----bottom line ---
an adherent catholic CAN legally be anti abortion for
his religion and ALSO anti-abortion as competent governor or law-maker

Surely it does too. You can do whatever as a religious person, as long as it does not interfere in anybody else's civil rights.

right----and there are lots of SECULAR arguments that justify
limitation of abortion ----AND abortion is not a "civil right" unless it is specifically stated to be a civil right. It is not clear
to me that MARRIAGE is a civil right----in fact, it has to be
LICENSED

He puts his Christianity first, which is a problem when one runs for an office in the US, where we are known for freedom of religion and the separation of church and state. Kaine realizes his personal life is different than his professional life where one must honor the civil rights of others.
Cant see much Christianity in his views.

I don't really think a homosexual could see anything Christian in anything.

Which is why Kaine is better, he understand the difference between his theology and his job.

Are you going to back up your claim about the separation of church and state or just slither away from your lie?

What do you think this country was founded on???? Hint, Separation of Church and state.
Which doesn't actually exist.

Jefferson forgot to mention that fact in his Declaration of
Independence

To messers. Nehemiah Dodge, Ephraim Robbins, & Stephen S. Nelson, a committee of the Danbury Baptist association in the state of Connecticut.

Gentlemen

The affectionate sentiments of esteem and approbation which you are so good as to express towards me, on behalf of the Danbury Baptist association, give me the highest satisfaction. my duties dictate a faithful and zealous pursuit of the interests of my constituents, & in proportion as they are persuaded of my fidelity to those duties, the discharge of them becomes more and more pleasing.

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between Church & State. Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties.

I reciprocate your kind prayers for the protection & blessing of the common father and creator of man, and tender you for yourselves & your religious association, assurances of my high respect & esteem.

Th Jefferson
Jan. 1. 1802.

Jefferson's Letter to the Danbury Baptists (June 1998) - Library of Congress Information Bulletin

You have no reading comprehension skills? The Constitution prohibits Congress. It does not prohibit the Church. Read what it actually says the comments " thus building a wall of separation between Church and State" is NOT included within the wording of the Constitution.

Go to Church, but the Government is not Church. The Government is separate from Church. If you need to be preached to and have laws to keep you pure, move to Saudi Arabia.

The problem is that there is absolutely nothing to prevent a Senator from preaching to the Senate any day he pleases.

He would not last long unless he was preaching to a few evangelicals.

Gentlemen

Th Jefferson
Jan. 1. 1802.

why? someone could exercise his CIVIL RIGHT to kill him?

Gentlemen

Th Jefferson
Jan. 1. 1802.

why? someone could exercise his CIVIL RIGHT to kill him?

Civil rights only are those that do not harm others, physically or mentally. Every hear of murder?? We do have the laws of the land. Your right though he could, but he'd go to prison or a nut ward.

I don't know much about his religion, but I do know that image is important in politics, and this guy is BLAND.

He makes John Kerry look like Robin Williams.
Not really, but that's the media created image they want to portray to you.
That's like saying I have a negative opinion of Trump because of what the media portrays. I've looked. I've listened.

With Pence, I've looked, I've listened. The guy is bland.

I don't know much about his religion, but I do know that image is important in politics, and this guy is BLAND.

That's like saying I have a negative opinion of Trump because of what the media portrays. I've looked. I've listened.

Thru a media filter.

Thru a media filter.
Well, this is potentially very disturbing.

Are you saying that, when I watch and listen to Trump live in interviews, and rallies, and speeches, and debates, that the media is in some way supplementing the live broadcast with some kind of subliminal message, or in your words, "filter", that is causing me to believe that he is inarticulate, undignified, badly under-informed, intellectually lazy, boorish, self-obsessed, vulgar, and otherwise uniquely under-qualified to serve as Commander In Chief and leader of the free world? Because if this is the case, I'm going to contact my cable TV provider post haste and vigorously complain.

And when you're done helping me with that, could you describe your theory on how conservative talk radio hosts manage to train their fans into regurgitating the same words, phrases, thought processes, conspiracy theories and overall opinions too? Because that's pretty creepy as well.

Last edited:
Like some fat limey from Wales knows anything about Pence other than what he reads on some homo site
I am not sure I want to know any more.What I have read is pretty horrific. He looks odd as well. Like an Alien bred from a pod that was planted on the earth centuries ago.
I would probably struggle to prove that.
But his misogyny must surely rule him out. He isnt "right in the head" as we say round here.
Probably better looking than your faggot ass. You are definitely not right in the head, gay Brit boy.

Thru a media filter.
Well, this is potentially very disturbing.

Are you saying that, when I watch and listen to Trump live in interviews, and rallies, and speeches, and debates, that the media is in some way supplementing the live broadcast with some kind of subliminal message, or in your words, "filter", that is causing me to believe that he is inarticulate, undignified, badly under-informed, intellectually lazy, boorish, self-obsessed, vulgar, and otherwise uniquely under-qualified to serve as Commander In Chief and leader of the free world? Because if this is the case, I'm going to contact my cable TV provider post haste and vigorously complain.

And when you're done helping me with that, could you describe your theory on how conservative talk radio hosts manage to train their fans into regurgitating the same words, phrases, thought processes, conspiracy theories and overall opinions too? Because that's pretty creepy as well.
Easy.......Trump talks for 15 minutes and the media on all sides tries to tell us their opinion of what he said means. 15 minutes drowned out by constant spin over several days tends to change the meaning. Usually it's a slanted view. The fact is this; The entire media is against him, so of course you have a bad impression of him.

On the other side, if you say anything....absolutely anything negative about Hillary, you're liable to lose your job......because the liberals in the press cannot afford to have anyone criticizing Queen Hillary. A doctor on one of the mainstream media sources lost his job because he speculated that Hillary has serious health issues, and Matt Lauer discovered what happens to any Journalist that is fair to Trump and doesn't give Hillary an easy time.

I'd rather have a press that's critical of the president than have a dictator telling the press what to say about her.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back