Pelosi's (D) tries to reason w/ Boehner (R)

When you are living on the margin, $40 means a lot.

It is hard to treat the democrats histrionics seriously when all they are offering is two months of relief though.

It is hard to treat the democrats histrionics seriously when all they are offering is two months of relief though.

It was a bipartisan plan and it was to get things through the holiday so that the negotiations could start again.

Their beef should be w/ the rational/thinking/adult Senate Repubs who participated in the compromise ;)

It was a bipartisan plan and it was to get things through the holiday so that the negotiations could start again.

Be honest....

Do you think the democratic led Senate will ever pass a budget before November 2012?

Be honest....

Do you think the democratic led Senate will ever pass a budget before November 2012?

Yes. I don't think they will play politics with such an important issue. If they try, they won't get away with it.

At any rate, I never thought I'd say this, but "I miss Tom Delay".

At least "The Hammer" wasn't a ginormous pussy who was completely incapable of keeping his party in check. This is twice now that Boehner has capitulated to a small caucus within his own party.

At least "The Hammer" wasn't a ginormous pussy who was completely incapable of keeping his party in check. This is twice now that Boehner has capitulated to a small caucus within his own party.

my gawd...so a party has to be in lockstep, is that what you are saying? Just like the Democrat party is?
No wonder you all loved Pelsoi, she used BRIBES, threats of their jobs, or else just down right bow beat them...
How damn pathetic can you be.

How do you reason with a bunch of ideologues who are comparing themselves to 'Braveheart' - the movie yet - and instead of doing their jobs are telling each other their favorite movie part. I wonder if it was near the end? Who elected these buffoons is the question that should be asked, and is this the best America can produce in the way of legislators? Reagan had an excuse why he sometimes thought issues were movie scenes, what's theirs?

How do you reason with a bunch of ideologues who are comparing themselves to 'Braveheart' - the movie yet - and instead of doing their jobs are telling each other their favorite movie part. I wonder if it was near the end? Who elected these buffoons is the question that should be asked, and is this the best America can produce in the way of legislators? Reagan had an excuse why he sometimes thought issues were movie scenes, what's theirs?

Boehner is either being held hostage by the T-publican House caucus or he's an asswipe.

Boehner is either being held hostage by the T-publican House caucus or he's an asswipe.

I like that.. T-publican. I'm stealin it.

LOL After you kicked the blue dogs out of the party, Obamas approval has dropped and compromise pissed away, but you dont have a clue.

She's right!!! :mad: Don't walk away from millions of working people because you want to attach ANOTHER rider to a bill :eusa_doh: to score political points. :eusa_naughty: I know because I got her Tweet :)

Pelosi Letter to Boehner: Do Not Walk Away from the American People Again | The Gavel
In a letter to Speaker Boehner, Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi reminded him that Republicans last year held hostage the payroll tax cut and extension of unemployment benefits, demanding that the Bush upper-income tax cuts must be extended for two years, and have walked away from numerous bipartisan efforts this year.

Pelosi wrote that she is “hopeful that reason will prevail in your Conference” to pass the bipartisan Senate compromise to extend the payroll tax.

Pelosi trying to claim she's the rationale, reasonable one? That's a hoot. Tell me another. If she really was the raionale reasoned person she claims to be, should would vote for the year extensin and the pipeline and do it without raising taxes on someone else. THAT is the most objectively beneficial to the country decison to be made. The only negative I see is to the democratic party.

Be honest....

Yes. I don't think they will play politics with such an important issue. If they try, they won't get away with it.

I think House means a real, full and complete budget.

Not this pay-go shit we've been doing for more than a thousand days

Pelosi can't reason, because to reason requires at least two brain cells and she is two short.
6e16833ddbhurrrjpg.jpg

LMAO. Yeah, when you prevent it from going to the floor, I suppose it's "between houses".

Wow. I have to give you credit, you at least tried to answer the question.

But, seriously, why wouldn't Boehner allow the bill to be voted on?

I mean, i could buy this whole "the bill was in limbo" bullshit if this wasn't the biggest piece of legislation to come through the house in the past four months, if it wasn't a matter of high importance (as acknowledged by the Senate and President), and if Boehner hadn't previously said he had the votes to get it passed.

Didn't the House send one to the Senate that Reid won't call a vote on?

I'm not saying that as a "well they did it too" kinda thing.....Just that everybody's wanting to punt and I'm sick of all their shit.

Where's my pitchfork and sickle when I need 'em???

The Dems want only 2 months of cuts.
The Reps want a year.
Why and Why?
:eusa_silenced:

Maybe, but it was the house that punted when the clock was running out. To make matters worse, they punted when they were on their own two yard line.

it is an elective safety, haha

Guys this is all politics. Look, here's the deal. The bill originally passed the House on December 13 over the opposition of 179 Democrats. (1) It went to the Senate but would not pass because the Democrats have the majority of the votes. So to get it passed it was amended and passed the Senate with unanimous consent.(2) Since it's been changed it must go back to the House and the sticking point is the length of time.

If it's only a two month extension what will happen is that it will keep being extended over and over for short periods of time. That's exactly what the Democrats want because it will enable them and Obama to claim that they are continuously fighting for tax cut and unemployment extensions and they can spin it to look like Republicans are obstructing. The Republicans want a full year so they can claim they provided financial relief to the working and the unemployed for a full year instead of the little bits and pieces the Democrats are offering and it not only takes away a possible line of attack by Obama and the Democrats during the election season, but creates one of their own.

Both sides are playing politics. In the end, it will get done because both sides need it to get done.

1) http://www.govtrack.us/congress/vote.xpd?vote=h2011-923

2) http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h112-3630

Seems to some the two month extension is just an insincere ploy to continue limitless spending at taxpayer pain.

I think Majority leader Boehner is right to do all he can to stop the spendthriftery and make his Congress deal with the problem face to face, no hiding.

And that's what I think.

Be honest....

But they have. This is the the third year the Senate has blown off the budget process.

Part of me wants to thank them for it though. I always thought it was a farce. Now it is a dead letter we can probably find a better solution.

Why shouldn't the Democrats PLAY their stupid games.

They know their dumb sheep will fall for it..and then pass it around..

man oh man...what a sad state when they post crap from Pelosi who should be kicked out of congress for all her shady dealings. yet they applaud her.
Pelosi's first order of business as Speaker was to announce "Impeachment (of Bush) is off the table!" So if the Democrats didn't get rid of her for that outrage they certainly won't do anything now -- and she knows it. Her trying to reason with Boehner is like a chicken trying to reason with a hawk.

Forum List

Back