PELOSI LIED/ Pelosi Not Sitting on Trove of Gingrich Secrets

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi now says she is not sitting on a trove of opposition research on former House Speaker-turned-GOP presidential candidate Newt Gingrich.

In an interview conducted Friday and published Monday, Pelosi hinted that once the time is right she has some juicy stories to tell about her former colleague.

“One of these days we’ll have a conversation about Newt Gingrich,” Pelosi, D-Calif., told Talking Points Memo. “I know a lot about him. I served on the investigative committee that investigated him. Four of us locked in a room in an undisclosed location for a year. A thousand pages of his stuff.”

But this afternoon, Pelosi’s spokesman, Drew Hammill, suggested that her comments have been misconstrued beyond the leader’s intent.
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/12/pelosi-not-sitting-on-trove-of-gingrich-secrets/

Misconstrued my ass. This stupid hack got caught with her foot in her mouth. She may be able to hide from her own words as far as the left is concerned but we all know the deal. This is just the tip of the iceberg for the left.

"Fuck the facts,offer the dirt" is the new montra of the democrats in power. It's like a daytime soap opera with these guys.

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi now says she is not sitting on a trove of opposition research on former House Speaker-turned-GOP presidential candidate Newt Gingrich.

In an interview conducted Friday and published Monday, Pelosi hinted that once the time is right she has some juicy stories to tell about her former colleague.

“One of these days we’ll have a conversation about Newt Gingrich,” Pelosi, D-Calif., told Talking Points Memo. “I know a lot about him. I served on the investigative committee that investigated him. Four of us locked in a room in an undisclosed location for a year. A thousand pages of his stuff.”

But this afternoon, Pelosi’s spokesman, Drew Hammill, suggested that her comments have been misconstrued beyond the leader’s intent.
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/12/pelosi-not-sitting-on-trove-of-gingrich-secrets/

Misconstrued my ass. This stupid hack got caught with her foot in her mouth. She may be able to hide from her own words as far as the left is concerned but we all know the deal. This is just the tip of the iceberg for the left.

"Fuck the facts,offer the dirt" is the new montra of the democrats in power. It's like a daytime soap opera with these guys.

Yeah....you're right. Hey, how did that whole "Birther" movement from the right turn out, by the way? Remember during the campaign when the righties on this board were calling Obama a terrorist? A ******? A member of Al-Quaeda?

I think she's just defending herself against any investigations. She knows she's in trouble for her own insider trading (she doubled her wealth) so she's just sending out warnings. It'll work too because there are a lot of shenanigans goin' on in Congress.

She just planted the seed for the crazed moonbats to do her dirty work for her. I'm so glad she drained the swamp.....

Pelosi Not Sitting on Trove of Gingrich Secrets - ABC News

Remember during the campaign when the righties on this board were calling Obama a terrorist? A ******? A member of Al-Quaeda?

No....

• Banned

Yeah....you're right. Hey, how did that whole "Birther" movement from the right turn out, by the way? Remember during the campaign when the righties on this board were calling Obama a terrorist? A ******? A member of Al-Quaeda?

Nice diversion but I'll bite.

No I don't remember because I wasn't here. Had I been here I would have condemned such stupidity just as I do now with every USAR post.

Next

Please provide links for you claims.

So, what you're saying is because you claim these things were said about Obama, it's ok now for Pelosi to lie about a Republican candidate?

Well, then I guess it was ok for Republican's to do it to Obama also because when GW was running the "lefties" were calling him Hitler and all that crap.

Why do you idiots think it's ok for one group of people to do something as long as a different group has done it in the past?

It's not ok for politicians to lie about other candidates just to hurt their election chances. I don't care who does it, Republican or Democrat.

I'm sick of this stupid excuse that because the opposition did it, it's ok for us to do it. That's bullshit. If it's wrong, it's wrong.

Rick

No I don't remember because I wasn't here. Had I been here I would have condemned such stupidity just as I do now with every USAR post.

Next

Just pointing out that stupidity and lies exist on BOTH sides...

Next

By comparing the former speaker of the house/current minority leader with a few ignorant posters on a message board?

Does it matter if she has dirt? Newt is one of the biggest progressive liberals on the stage and shocker, you support him... Then you get pissed off when you're called out for it.

Next

Fair enough but don't you think pelosi should be above that? She's not just some random poster on usmb ya know.

Next

No you're not, you're excusing YOUR side because of what you claim the opposition did in the past.

Both are wrong.

Rick

Please provide links for you claims.

So, what you're saying is because you claim these things were said about Obama, it's ok now for Pelosi to lie about a Republican candidate?

Well, then I guess it was ok for Republican's to do it to Obama also because when GW was running the "lefties" were calling him Hitler and all that crap.

Why do you idiots think it's ok for one group of people to do something as long as a different group has done it in the past?

It's not ok for politicians to lie about other candidates just to hurt their election chances. I don't care who does it, Republican or Democrat.

I'm sick of this stupid excuse that because the opposition did it, it's ok for us to do it. That's bullshit. If it's wrong, it's wrong.

Rick

I dont believe he was condoning the actions......just pointing out that it happens on both sides.

I am a bit in awe, however, that he is comparing the minority leader with an internet board poster.

Next

Fair enough but don't you think pelosi should be above that? She's not just some random poster on usmb ya know.

I do, indeed. But let's be honest here, what was the last "good" thing Nancy Pelosi did for this country? I mean, really...

Does it matter if she has dirt? Newt is one of the biggest progressive liberals on the stage and shocker, you support him... Then you get pissed off when you're called out for it.

No he isnt. He is what I call a consevaitve moderate. He has personal conservative values, but aware that the US is not a land of all conservatives...so if he is to govern it properly, he will need to govern more from the middle.

I am a conservative...and as a conservative I believe it is not my place or my Presidents place to dictate my or his ideology on the country as a whole.

One day we will learn there are two things not good for the US...

A conservative president who will only apporove of conservativce ideas...and a liberal president whoi will only apporve of liberal ideas.

And just as I cringed at us having a democratic majority in both houses with a democratic president, I will cringe when we have a republican majority in both houses with a republican president.

I do, indeed. But let's be honest here, what was the last "good" thing Nancy Pelosi did for this country? I mean, really...

the last good thng she did?

Supporting the democrats who were up for re-election in 2010 and lost.

I'm not pissed off. You give yourself too much credit son.

Ok... But you run to defend the biggest of the flip flopping progressive liberals on the Republican stage.

Again, who cares if Pelosi has dirt, Newts own words on video should be enough...

Forum List

Back