PELOSI LIED/ Pelosi Not Sitting on Trove of Gingrich Secrets

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi now says she is not sitting on a trove of opposition research on former House Speaker-turned-GOP presidential candidate Newt Gingrich.

In an interview conducted Friday and published Monday, Pelosi hinted that once the time is right she has some juicy stories to tell about her former colleague.

“One of these days we’ll have a conversation about Newt Gingrich,” Pelosi, D-Calif., told Talking Points Memo. “I know a lot about him. I served on the investigative committee that investigated him. Four of us locked in a room in an undisclosed location for a year. A thousand pages of his stuff.”

But this afternoon, Pelosi’s spokesman, Drew Hammill, suggested that her comments have been misconstrued beyond the leader’s intent.
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/12/pelosi-not-sitting-on-trove-of-gingrich-secrets/

Misconstrued my ass. This stupid hack got caught with her foot in her mouth. She may be able to hide from her own words as far as the left is concerned but we all know the deal. This is just the tip of the iceberg for the left.

"Fuck the facts,offer the dirt" is the new montra of the democrats in power. It's like a daytime soap opera with these guys.

I have thousands of pages of testimony that may prove barack obama is a pedophile.

See how that works. You don't need dirt, you only need say you have it.

the reason I support Newt is becuase he will be able to work with the other side. Bachmann? She will be blocked just as Obama is being blocked (and for good reason). Paul? Please...neither side will work with him. Santorum? I dont like the guy. He isnt even President yet and he is already complaining about how he is being treated.Perry? Cant figure him out yet. The media hates him and so it is rare you get to see any positives about him. Mitt? Not running too far a second to Newt for me...

Yes, I heard about that bill passing the senate. It takes the Patriot act to another level....kind of scary when you think about it.....It pretty mcuh eleiminates your right to a fair trial as a US citizen...if the president or one of his/her cornies doesnt like you.

It is one step closer to tyranny..for now we have reason to fear our government.

And think of what Pelosi said a couple of years back...she compared Tea Partyers to terrorists....and according to the bill, terrorists of natural born US citizenship can be detained or killed by an order of the president....this has nothing to do with Obama....ANY president should not have that power.

I guess my question is what do you think Newt will work with the other side to accomplish? Seems to me you support a guy but hate his policy... Newt has no cuts, so spending will remain in a state of growth. Newt supports that bill we talked about, well, he prolly does not now because it won't be popular to but he would more than likely sign it into law if he were President.

So really, what do you think Newt would do that you like, if he were President? If there was at least some of Newts policy I agreed with I could support him but for me there is just not, so him getting his way is a huge loss imo.

Amnesty for illegal’s?
Mandated HC?
Cap and trade?
More wars?
Expansion of old wars?
More of the Patriot act?
LOL a fence along the Mexico border (how much will that cost lol)?
More deficit spending...
Newt supported TARP.

All these positions are Newts positions, sure you could make a lame attempt to say Newt does not support Amnesty, but he passed it in the past, in his own bill today he has it in there… just have to read it like I did…

So what is it you want newt to accomplish as President? Talk shit about Obama?

I may be naive and a dreamer...I recognize that.

But first lets work from the other end of the spectrum.

What if we get a true conservative in the WH...

Do you think he/she will get anythintg done at all? Sure..if there is a super majority, he/she could....but for how long? One term? And then a super liberal comes in a repeals everything that was done....

I will not make a lame attempt about Newt supporting amnesty. It rally doesnt matter if he does or doesnt. The question is...what will congress do....

Someone like Newt may have supported amnesty before he was against amnesty...so maybe congress will come out with a plan similar to the one he suggested...and both sides can agree with it....and then we start moving forward with securing our borders, and expelling those that truly dont belong....allowing those that have made the one mistake 25 years ago of coming here illegally...but have since done what the rest of us do...add to the community, pay taxes, and work for a living while developing a family and a legacy....

I think where you and I dont see eye to eye on this is that I do not see the President as the most important person in our government. I see him as nothing but a figurehead...

I am mostly wrapped up in congress...and looking for a president that will not be the enemy to congress...as Obama is.

You pretty much lost me... Congress does not repeal, it expands... Having a President that puts his name on expansions = bad... IE, Newt = Bad.

But I'll end this here, you can support Newt, that's fine, you made your position clear. I'm not here to tell anyone how to vote or who to vote for, I simply ask why they support who they do and try to hold them accountable.

I guess my question is what do you think Newt will work with the other side to accomplish? Seems to me you support a guy but hate his policy... Newt has no cuts, so spending will remain in a state of growth. Newt supports that bill we talked about, well, he prolly does not now because it won't be popular to but he would more than likely sign it into law if he were President.

So really, what do you think Newt would do that you like, if he were President? If there was at least some of Newts policy I agreed with I could support him but for me there is just not, so him getting his way is a huge loss imo.

Amnesty for illegal’s?
Mandated HC?
Cap and trade?
More wars?
Expansion of old wars?
More of the Patriot act?
LOL a fence along the Mexico border (how much will that cost lol)?
More deficit spending...
Newt supported TARP.

All these positions are Newts positions, sure you could make a lame attempt to say Newt does not support Amnesty, but he passed it in the past, in his own bill today he has it in there… just have to read it like I did…

So what is it you want newt to accomplish as President? Talk shit about Obama?

Do you think he/she will get anythintg done at all? Sure..if there is a super majority, he/she could....but for how long? One term? And then a super liberal comes in a repeals everything that was done....

I will not make a lame attempt about Newt supporting amnesty. It rally doesnt matter if he does or doesnt. The question is...what will congress do....

Someone like Newt may have supported amnesty before he was against amnesty...so maybe congress will come out with a plan similar to the one he suggested...and both sides can agree with it....and then we start moving forward with securing our borders, and expelling those that truly dont belong....allowing those that have made the one mistake 25 years ago of coming here illegally...but have since done what the rest of us do...add to the community, pay taxes, and work for a living while developing a family and a legacy....

I think where you and I dont see eye to eye on this is that I do not see the President as the most important person in our government. I see him as nothing but a figurehead...

I am mostly wrapped up in congress...and looking for a president that will not be the enemy to congress...as Obama is.

I don't care about what a true conservative in the white house CAN'T get done in congress, because at the end of the day he has the veto pen and if nothing else he can guarantee no more leftist legislation hurts this country.

true..

but a veto pen will prevent things from getting worse....but do nothing to make things better.

I don't care about what a true conservative in the white house CAN'T get done in congress, because at the end of the day he has the veto pen and if nothing else he can guarantee no more leftist legislation hurts this country.

true..

but a veto pen will prevent things from getting worse....but do nothing to make things better.

But the president is only a "figurehead", right? What do we need him to get done?

The only thing we need him for is to sign the good legislation, and veto the bad. Who's the last one that's done a good job at that for those of us on the right?

true..

But the president is only a "figurehead", right? What do we need him to get done?

The only thing we need him for is to sign the good legislation, and veto the bad. Who's the last one that's done a good job at that for those of us on the right?

the question in bold...

Perhaps you are not aware of my ideology.

I live by my conservative values. I am not overly religious (Jewish), but I am a true believer in personal responsibility. I am a true believer in being in totla control of my destiny. Once I became an adult, I understood how reiculous it was to blame others for my mistakes.

I grew up in a very liberal household.....and to this day, I have acheived greater personal success than either of my siblings. But unlike them, I started off poor and homeless...yes....homeless. And then one day I said..."i got myself into this mess, only I can get out of it." I did not file for unemployment when I lost my first real hjob. I never applied for food stamps or welfare. I got a job bagging groceries so I can eat....half a canteloupe a day.....that was my food for over a month....

Now?

Own 2 businesses.....already sold a very successful one several years ago. Married for nearly 3 deciades to the same woman...my best friend...2 kids through college...

My siblings are both divorced....all the blame, of course, on their exes....they blame people like me for their troubles...neither earns a substantial living...but neither accepted my opffer to help them start their own business.

Now...all that being said....

As a conservative, I feel no one should tell me how I should live my life...and therefore, I should not tell anyone else how to live their life.

So when you ask:

Who's the last one that's done a good job at that for those of us on the right?

I answer with....i dont want someone who will do a good job for those on the right. I want someone who will look at the copuntry as one entity and meet the desires of all of us the best they can.

Reagan did it....Clinton did it in his second term...Bush did it (some will disagree...and yes, he apporved some miostakes... no one is perfect.).....

Obama? Does not give a shit about 50% of the country. He only cares about his re-election and his party.

true..

the question in bold...

I live by my conservative values. I am not overly religious (Jewish), but I am a true believer in personal responsibility. I am a true believer in being in totla control of my destiny. Once I became an adult, I understood how reiculous it was to blame others for my mistakes.

I grew up in a very liberal household.....and to this day, I have acheived greater personal success than either of my siblings. But unlike them, I started off poor and homeless...yes....homeless. And then one day I said..."i got myself into this mess, only I can get out of it." I did not file for unemployment when I lost my first real hjob. I never applied for food stamps or welfare. I got a job bagging groceries so I can eat....half a canteloupe a day.....that was my food for over a month....

Now?

Own 2 businesses.....already sold a very successful one several years ago. Married for nearly 3 deciades to the same woman...my best friend...2 kids through college...

My siblings are both divorced....all the blame, of course, on their exes....they blame people like me for their troubles...neither earns a substantial living...but neither accepted my opffer to help them start their own business.

As a conservative, I feel no one should tell me how I should live my life...and therefore, I should not tell anyone else how to live their life.

So when you ask:

I answer with....i dont want someone who will do a good job for those on the right. I want someone who will look at the copuntry as one entity and meet the desires of all of us the best they can.

Reagan did it....Clinton did it in his second term...Bush did it (some will disagree...and yes, he apporved some miostakes... no one is perfect.).....

Obama? Does not give a shit about 50% of the country. He only cares about his re-election and his party.

Maybe you misunderstood me. There are obviously ideals you have as a conservative, and there are desires in a president regarding these ideals. What I'm saying is, we need a president who's not going to sign damaging legislation into law. Someone who's not going to sell out the little guy to the special interests. I don't trust guys like Newt or Romney on this because they have shown time and time again that they can and WILL sell this country out.

The reason I like Paul is because he doesn't have a single thing in his history that suggests he will. You know EXACTLY what you're going to get with him every single day. Like him or not, at least you know what you're getting, and I like what he offers so he has my unwavering support.

People who decide they like Paul never go back, they stick with him and ONLY him. The other candidates have zero substance and no real identity, and that's why people shuffle through them like socks and underwear. It's become whoever the media says is "gaining momentum".

I don't see "personal responsibility" or "accountability" in any of the other candidates. I see people looking to screw us over and sell us out and I'm fucking tired of that.

OK, let's say now, after she run her mouth, there is a leak from those investigative meetings...

Who will be blamed?

the question in bold...

Now?

So when you ask:

Maybe you misunderstood me. There are obviously ideals you have as a conservative, and there are desires in a president regarding these ideals. What I'm saying is, we need a president who's not going to sign damaging legislation into law. Someone who's not going to sell out the little guy to the special interests. I don't trust guys like Newt or Romney on this because they have shown time and time again that they can and WILL sell this country out.

The reason I like Paul is because he doesn't have a single thing in his history that suggests he will. You know EXACTLY what you're going to get with him every single day. Like him or not, at least you know what you're getting, and I like what he offers so he has my unwavering support.

People who decide they like Paul never go back, they stick with him and ONLY him. The other candidates have zero substance and no real identity, and that's why people shuffle through them like socks and underwear. It's become whoever the media says is "gaining momentum".

I don't see "personal responsibility" or "accountability" in any of the other candidates. I see people looking to screw us over and sell us out and I'm fucking tired of that.

I agree...Paul is the epitome of a candidate....honest sincere, unwavering. No, he will NOTY hurt the country in any way whatsoever. I agree with much of his ideology.

However, congress will not put a dam thing in his desk to be signed. He ill likely veto everything...and I admire him for his convictions.....

But we will have another 4 years of stagnation.

How many more years of going backwards or stagnating can we tolerate?

The vote in 1996 for the Gingrich reprimand and 300,000 fine was

395 to 28.

This was hardly a partisan witchhunt.

For you it doesnt matter who wins the primary.
You vote is already cast.

So what do you care?

the question in bold...

Now?

So when you ask:

I agree...Paul is the epitome of a candidate....honest sincere, unwavering. No, he will NOTY hurt the country in any way whatsoever. I agree with much of his ideology.

However, congress will not put a dam thing in his desk to be signed. He ill likely veto everything...and I admire him for his convictions.....

I don't understand why you or anyone else thinks this. Why would congress not work with him? I see people say that a lot but never give any reasons why.

Ame®icano;4510165 said:
OK, let's say now, after she run her mouth, there is a leak from those investigative meetings...

Who will be blamed?

Bush.

Bush, ATMS, Kiosks, the internet, the GOP, tires needing to be inflated, the weather, eathquakes, middle east uprisings, the euro.......

I don't understand why you or anyone else thinks this. Why would congress not work with him? I see people say that a lot but never give any reasons why.

becuase congress is only in it for their re-el;ection.
Every move a congressperson makes is weighed....

Pelosi will never let anything get to his desk....

I hate to say it...but I truly believe we need an ass kisser in the WH...I am not happy about it....but I have been watching how congress has been working lately...it is all about making the other side look bad.....

But perhaps I am wrong....

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi now says she is not sitting on a trove of opposition research on former House Speaker-turned-GOP presidential candidate Newt Gingrich.

In an interview conducted Friday and published Monday, Pelosi hinted that once the time is right she has some juicy stories to tell about her former colleague.

“One of these days we’ll have a conversation about Newt Gingrich,” Pelosi, D-Calif., told Talking Points Memo. “I know a lot about him. I served on the investigative committee that investigated him. Four of us locked in a room in an undisclosed location for a year. A thousand pages of his stuff.”

But this afternoon, Pelosi’s spokesman, Drew Hammill, suggested that her comments have been misconstrued beyond the leader’s intent.
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/12/pelosi-not-sitting-on-trove-of-gingrich-secrets/

Misconstrued my ass. This stupid hack got caught with her foot in her mouth. She may be able to hide from her own words as far as the left is concerned but we all know the deal. This is just the tip of the iceberg for the left.

"Fuck the facts,offer the dirt" is the new montra of the democrats in power. It's like a daytime soap opera with these guys.

Not surprised about this, both sides do it. The media will always polish the rumor more than the fact.

I hate to say it...but I truly believe we need an ass kisser in the WH...I am not happy about it....but I have been watching how congress has been working lately...it is all about making the other side look bad.....

If there's a republican majority in the house, why do we care what Pelosi does?

And what makes Paul so much different than Bush, for instance, in regards to letting legislation get to the oval office? Why is it ok to send bills to Bush, but not to Paul?

And did it ever occur to you the impact Paul could have on future congressional elections? Finally having an ethical and principled person in the WH could go a long way towards getting better people elected to congress. Paul could support, endorse, campaign for, etc, better people for the job.

I don't think you've put enough time into considering the upside of a Paul presidency.

You are making me think about the adage, "it isn't as much about the crime as it is about the cover up."

The same premise goes to elections. We would be more likely to vote an encumbent in again if he stood his ground and voted for the country instead of his party.

If there's a republican majority in the house, why do we care what Pelosi does?

And what makes Paul so much different than Bush, for instance, in regards to letting legislation get to the oval office? Why is it ok to send bills to Bush, but not to Paul?

And did it ever occur to you the impact Paul could have on future congressional elections? Finally having an ethical and principled person in the WH could go a long way towards getting better people elected to congress. Paul could support, endorse, campaign for, etc, better people for the job.

I don't think you've put enough time into considering the upside of a Paul presidency.

you are correct. I am debating something I know very little about....and I would say my actions are foolish...but it allowed me to hear your sentiments and gave me reason to re-think things.....a learning experience is never a foolish thing.

SO I guess this board has its advantages when used properly.

I will pay more attention to Paul...lets see where things go.

Forum List

Back