PELOSI declares health care has passed

And she's right, it has. But it is not as simple as that. The house passed a healthcare bill AND the Senate passed a healthcare bill. Under normal circumstances, they would conference to iron out the differences in the bills and return the finished product to both houses for a final vote. Then it would go to the POTUS. So, technically, she's right, healthcare has passed.

However the reality of the situation is far from 'technically'. The Dems were hoping to take advantage of this technicality in order to bypass another vote in the Senate, but I don't think it's going to work.

To get to reconciliation the house has to pass the Senate's bill. Do these idiots realise they are committing political suicide?--:cuckoo::cuckoo:

Americans don't want either of these bills--they want to start over from scratch--& get to something--"that won't cover every single person in the U.S."--but will put a huge dent in our population that has no medical insurance. And Americans want the private sector to do it, not the federal government--who couldn't operate a lemonade stand without driving it into bankrupsty.

$Ram it down.jpg

You must be joking!:lol:

Clear negative consequences? Do you mean that they outlive us, or that they're healthier people in general? All in spite of the fact that they have far less money per capita then we do!

that has more to do with lifestyle.....not health care system....if you dont take care of yourself,the best health CARE on the planet is not going to help you.....that has already been proven....right here in the USA....

best health care /= best health care system

thats what we can hope for Art....

You will receive no argument from me on that. Ours is a culture of sickness. There's no money in healthy people, and there's no money in dead people. The money is somewhere in the middle, technically alive but "addicted" to a plethora of once-daily pills.

Control cholesterol, control asthma, control blood pressure, control diabetes... That's all the private sector is concerned with, controllers, not cures. What good is curing something, no money in that. Now introducing a chemical in the bloodstream that will control the symptom, and convince the patient it needs this chemical every day for the rest of their lives... Now there's $DOLLARS$ in that.

i agree with you there....this country needs a lifestyle change....little kids are much fatter then they were when i was in grade school....

Sure, ignore history.

I repeat, there's not going to be a Civil War, fucktard.

It's healthcare reform. Get the fuck over yourself.
How did you get to be a super moderator with that sort of language toward someone who bothers to express an opinion on this board and helps to make this place relevant? Nobody is being abusive to you or your opinion. With that said, there WILL BE A CIVIL WAR because this healthcare bill isn't about health; it's about taking control of 1/6 of the American economy.

if you cant take the language,may i suggest the Romper Room site....they are fucking nice there...

And she's right, it has. But it is not as simple as that. The house passed a healthcare bill AND the Senate passed a healthcare bill. Under normal circumstances, they would conference to iron out the differences in the bills and return the finished product to both houses for a final vote. Then it would go to the POTUS. So, technically, she's right, healthcare has passed.

However the reality of the situation is far from 'technically'. The Dems were hoping to take advantage of this technicality in order to bypass another vote in the Senate, but I don't think it's going to work.

To get to reconciliation the house has to pass the Senate's bill. Do these idiots realise they are committing political suicide?--:cuckoo::cuckoo:

Americans don't want either of these bills--they want to start over from scratch--& get to something--"that won't cover every single person in the U.S."--but will put a huge dent in our population that has no medical insurance. And Americans want the private sector to do it, not the federal government--who couldn't operate a lemonade stand without driving it into bankrupsty.

View attachment 9677

Oh puh-leeze... Do you think the two brilliant PhD's holding that sign are going to vote democratic under any circumstances?

The last paragraph of your post, except the first sentence, describe the bill as it stands today. It doesn't cover every person, it puts a huge dent in the uninsured, and it's all done through the private sector.

Once it passes and people begin to understand what it actually does, watch as the Dems and Barack's numbers SOAR. Yes the dopes holding the sign will never come around, they are too far gone. But jeez, my senator (Arlen Specter) signed the Benett letter for reconciliation and public option, and his poll numbers surged 7-points, for his first lead since October!

View attachment 9677

Oh puh-leeze... Do you think the two brilliant PhD's holding that sign are going to vote democratic under any circumstances?

The last paragraph of your post, except the first sentence, describe the bill as it stands today. It doesn't cover every person, it puts a huge dent in the uninsured, and it's all done through the private sector.

Once it passes and people begin to understand what it actually does, watch as the Dems and Barack's numbers SOAR. Yes the dopes holding the sign will never come around, they are too far gone. But jeez, my senator (Arlen Specter) signed the Benett letter for reconciliation and public option, and his poll numbers surged 7-points, for his first lead since October!

No social program has ever stayed within its budgeted and forecasted limits. You cannot honestly say this plan will make health care affordable. No one I know has any idea what will happen to premiums, other than they expect them to go up. Adding a large number of high risk people has to do that. Delivery of services will be rationed as well. More people with access to the system has to do that too. Higher premiums and longer waits for services. People will love the Democrats for that. :lol:

I repeat, there's not going to be a Civil War, fucktard.

It's healthcare reform. Get the fuck over yourself.
How did you get to be a super moderator with that sort of language toward someone who bothers to express an opinion on this board and helps to make this place relevant? Nobody is being abusive to you or your opinion. With that said, there WILL BE A CIVIL WAR because this healthcare bill isn't about health; it's about taking control of 1/6 of the American economy.

if you cant take the language,may i suggest the Romper Room site....they are fucking nice there...
Well, using the words of our esteemed moderator, Harry, let me now and in the future refer to you and anyone I disagree with as Fucktard. Now, you may kiss my ass if you don't like what I say. (Gee, do I fit in with the "cool" crowd yet?) And while we're at it, I wasn't the one who brought up Civil War in the first place, but I agree with the originating poster.

Last edited:

View attachment 9677

No social program has ever stayed within its budgeted and forecasted limits. You cannot honestly say this plan will make health care affordable. No one I know has any idea what will happen to premiums, other than they expect them to go up. Adding a large number of high risk people has to do that. Delivery of services will be rationed as well. More people with access to the system has to do that too. Higher premiums and longer waits for services. People will love the Democrats for that. :lol:

It also adds an even larger number of low-risk people; That's why it works. That's why it can't be done a step at a time, to work it must be done all at once.

You say people think premiums will go up. You may be right that they think that, but there's no evidence that it will actually happen. That's why the reform will be a success. Once people realize what it does, they will come around (most).

I'm not in love with the bill, I want it for the same reason the Cons really don't want it. It's not the silly, easily-disproven reasons you hear on the news. There is a real reason they don't want it. Do you know what that is?

Anyone? Why do the Cons really not want this bill? The same reason I do want it.

Anyone?

It also adds an even larger number of low-risk people; That's why it works. That's why it can't be done a step at a time, to work it must be done all at once.

You say people think premiums will go up. You may be right that they think that, but there's no evidence that it will actually happen. That's why the reform will be a success. Once people realize what it does, they will come around (most).

I'm not in love with the bill, I want it for the same reason the Cons really don't want it. It's not the silly, easily-disproven reasons you hear on the news. There is a real reason they don't want it. Do you know what that is?

Anyone? Why do the Cons really not want this bill? The same reason I do want it.

Anyone?

Adds more low-risk people? No and here's why:

1. Young low-risk people will opt for the $750 penalty versus the $2,000+ premiums.
2. Insurance by its nature is for people that see a risk greater than the cost of coverage.
3. Many of your low-risk people are unemployed. No funds for such things.
4. The number of low-risk people in this pool is not greater than the high-risk ones.

Premiums will go up. Reasons:

1. Many pre-existing conditions are very high-risk.
2. The new folks presumably have conditions they have deferred getting treatment for.
3. Insurance companies cannot ignore the risks.
4. A certain group have waited to have kids until they get coverage.

1. Young low-risk people will opt for the $750 penalty versus the $2,000+ premiums.
2. Insurance by its nature is for people that see a risk greater than the cost of coverage.
4. The number of low-risk people in this pool is not greater than the high-risk ones.

2. The new folks presumably have conditions they have deferred getting treatment for.

Your logic fails to address one important factor, and that is that we already pay for the uninsured. We just do so in an insanely expensive way, through the ER. So not only do the uninsured have their financial lives destroyed when they get sick, but they a. Wait too long to see a doctor, making it 10 times more expensive, and b. Pass the grotesquely inflated cost onto us in the form of higher premiums.

If not for that factor, I could read your 8 bullet points and concede that perhaps insurance rates would stay the same... Nothing therein would indicate that they'll "Go up," because all they do is move dollars around.

Emergency Rooms need to send these people to their nearby Wal-Mart for health care. Even Walgreens and other drug chains are getting into the act.

This "emergency room" care talking point made by Cujo and the rest of the left is a joke. What they fail to admit is this.
Of the 31 million people who don't have healthcare 16 million of them voluntarily declined it. Illegal aliens represent another 16 million people that are no longer included in Obama's figures....what's going to keep them from STILL USING the emergency room for care since they are INELIGIBLE FOR GOVERNMENT RUN HEALTHCARE.

You dopes really need to start thinking in reality here...quit spouting Huffington bullshit to make your cases because THEY ARE DESTROYING YOUR CAUSES ONE BY ONE but you are either blind to it or just refuse to admit it.

This "emergency room" care talking point made by Cujo and the rest of the left is a joke. What they fail to admit is this.
Of the 31 million people who don't have healthcare 16 million of them voluntarily declined it. Illegal aliens represent another 16 million people that are no longer included in Obama's figures....what's going to keep them from STILL USING the emergency room for care since they are INELIGIBLE FOR GOVERNMENT RUN HEALTHCARE.

You dopes really need to start thinking in reality here...quit spouting Huffington bullshit to make your cases because THEY ARE DESTROYING YOUR CAUSES ONE BY ONE but you are either blind to it or just refuse to admit it.
And of course, personal choices have consequences.

I'd weed out the illegals and those who made the choice in the...what is it? 48 million? 40 million? 30 million? They keep changing the number...

Your logic fails to address one important factor, and that is that we already pay for the uninsured. We just do so in an insanely expensive way, through the ER. So not only do the uninsured have their financial lives destroyed when they get sick, but they a. Wait too long to see a doctor, making it 10 times more expensive, and b. Pass the grotesquely inflated cost onto us in the form of higher premiums.

If not for that factor, I could read your 8 bullet points and concede that perhaps insurance rates would stay the same... Nothing therein would indicate that they'll "Go up," because all they do is move dollars around.

Actually, I use an urgent care function of our hospital for services. With very infrequent needs for assistance, my doctor usually moves before I see them more than once. The urgent care is the same place as the ER. They perform only minimal tests and my costs are very reasonable. I think you suffer from media think.

Forum List

Back