PELOSI declares health care has passed

I urge the current crop of pretend leaders to do the reconciliation deal and push it through. One way or the other, this will do more to bring the country together than anything they have done thus far.
Either the bill will be accepted by the people, and the country will be more united;

or

The people will reject it and unite to elect another crop of leaders to repeal it.

Either way, it will do more to unite the people than anything our so-called leaders have done for years.

I am tired of the deep divisions, and look forward to a time when 'r' or 'd' has less meaning than "American".

So, I encourage the democrats that control congress to get off their butts, stop threatening and actually do something.

I urge the current crop of pretend leaders to do the reconciliation deal and push it through. One way or the other, this will do more to bring the country together than anything they have done thus far.
Either the bill will be accepted by the people, and the country will be more united;

or

The people will reject it and unite to elect another crop of leaders to repeal it.

Either way, it will do more to unite the people than anything our so-called leaders have done for years.

I am tired of the deep divisions, and look forward to a time when 'r' or 'd' has less meaning than "American".

So, I encourage the democrats that control congress to get off their butts, stop threatening and actually do something.

I don't agree. IF the healthcare bill passes through reconcilliation and IF the dems are able to get rid of the Cornhusker Kickback, the Louisiana Purchase, and the Flordia thingie thus removing the most sickening deals from the bill, then I think Americans will make their reactions to the bill based on was it good for them or not. There are 20-30 odd million (the uninsured) out there who will probably say it was good for them. So, I don't think we'll see the hugh backlash that you're anticipating.

Afterall, a majority of American are still in favor of healthcare reform.

or

I don't agree. IF the healthcare bill passes through reconcilliation and IF the dems are able to get rid of the Cornhusker Kickback, the Louisiana Purchase, and the Flordia thingie thus removing the most sickening deals from the bill, then I think Americans will make their reactions to the bill based on was it good for them or not. There are 20-30 odd million (the uninsured) out there who will probably say it was good for them. So, I don't think we'll see the hugh backlash that you're anticipating.

Afterall, a majority of American are still in favor of healthcare reform.

Read what i wrote again, I am expecting no "backlash", I listed the two ways we would become more united.
At this point either would be better than the bitter division we currently experience.

Reconcilliation.....NOW

It is NOT legal for Pelosi to claim it is passed. And if she gets it past this way it will be challenged.

Not true. Once it passes the house, identical bills passed both houses. The best result anyone could hope for in "Challenging" the outcome, is that the Senate bill would go on the books as it is; Something that nobody wants (especially not the Cons).

That's proof she "declared health care is passed"

No, sorry Saveliberty

Nancy Pelosi said, "But we have to pass the [health care ] bill so that you can find out what is in it." 3-09-2010 RealClearPolitics - Video - Pelosi: We Have To Pass Health Care So You Can Find Out What Is In It

Pelosi continues, “The bill can be bipartisan, even though the votes might not be bipartisan". 2-28-2010 CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Pelosi: Health care bill can be bipartisan even without GOP votes - Blogs from CNN.com

Your right of course, the best quote I saw for today stated Pelosi said we are close. The word passed appears to not have been used.

"Botulinum toxin is a medication and a neurotoxic protein produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum, and is known to be very toxic[1][2] with an LD50 of roughly 0.005–0.05 µg/kg. Despite its deadly toxic effect, it is sometimes used in very small doses to treat muscle spasms.[3] Popularly known by its trade name, Botox, botulinum toxin is now commonly used in various settings for cosmetic procedures.[3]"

Botulinum toxin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The woman is wacky weed loco
Orrin Hatch is sure getting injections of Botox. Wonder how many other Cons are.

And she's right, it has. But it is not as simple as that. The house passed a healthcare bill AND the Senate passed a healthcare bill. Under normal circumstances, they would conference to iron out the differences in the bills and return the finished product to both houses for a final vote. Then it would go to the POTUS. So, technically, she's right, healthcare has passed.

However the reality of the situation is far from 'technically'. The Dems were hoping to take advantage of this technicality in order to bypass another vote in the Senate, but I don't think it's going to work.

Health care is not a bill. Health care is a dream.

Congress passes bills not dreams.

The Dems are trying to cheat. They have to strip those piece of crap bills down just to make it worth voting on again so basically none of it passed.

And she's right, it has. But it is not as simple as that. The house passed a healthcare bill AND the Senate passed a healthcare bill. Under normal circumstances, they would conference to iron out the differences in the bills and return the finished product to both houses for a final vote. Then it would go to the POTUS. So, technically, she's right, healthcare has passed.

However the reality of the situation is far from 'technically'. The Dems were hoping to take advantage of this technicality in order to bypass another vote in the Senate, but I don't think it's going to work.

Health care is not a bill. Health care is a dream.

Congress passes bills not dreams.

The Dems are trying to cheat. They have to strip those piece of crap bills down just to make it worth voting on again so basically none of it passed.
Every other industrialized nation has passed that dream. Americans aren't deserving, I guess.

Every other industrialized nation has passed that dream. Americans aren't deserving, I guess.

We arent every other industrialized nation. We are American. Why should we do what they have done? Especially now that we've seen the clear negative consequences of such actions?

We arent every other industrialized nation. We are American. Why should we do what they have done? Especially now that we've seen the clear negative consequences of such actions?

You must be joking!:lol:

Clear negative consequences? Do you mean that they outlive us, or that they're healthier people in general? All in spite of the fact that they have far less money per capita then we do!

Clear negative consequences? Do you mean that they outlive us, or that they're healthier people in general? All in spite of the fact that they have far less money per capita then we do!
I don't think he's joking, the poor fool has bought all the Con talking points, no questions asked.

that has more to do with lifestyle.....not health care system....if you dont take care of yourself,the best health CARE on the planet is not going to help you.....that has already been proven....right here in the USA....

Reconcilliation.....NOW

It is NOT legal for Pelosi to claim it is passed. And if she gets it past this way it will be challenged.

And what law does she violate by proclaiming that it's passed? You seem to forget that reconcilliation is a Senate process, not a House process. Nancy will have no control over that. That's why they've come up with the strategy they have. As for a challenge, the only way to challenge something pass in the Senate via reconcilliation is to vote against the senators/POTUS who did it. Otherwise, reconcilliation is a legal process in the senate as long as they don't violate their own reconcilliation rules.

Wrong answer dumb ass.....the actual unadultered Senate Bill MUST be voted on for it to pass the House. You got that!?

Forum List

Back