Pedophile Priests

What is the appropriate punishment for pedophile priests?

• Nothing. They did nothing wrong.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crucifixion

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Community service

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Prison time

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters

Nuc

Jul 10, 2005
Sydney, Australia
The cross is a bad logo for a product. A dude being tortured? Not exactly as catchy as the Harley or Coke logo. But since it is their logo doesn't it seem appropriate that the pedophile priests should be crucified? Live by the sword, die by the sword, etc.

nucular said:
The cross is a bad logo for a product. A dude being tortured? Not exactly as catchy as the Harley or Coke logo. But since it is their logo doesn't it seem appropriate that the pedophile priests should be crucified? Live by the sword, die by the sword, etc.

I understand the poll...but your choice of words..and bashing the Christian Cross is baffeling! :wtf:

Priests should be subject to the same punishment regarding any crime as the rest of us.

nucular said:

I, personally, think that crucifixion is probably the most appropriate one there, but only because of the pain involved. I think they should be incinerated.

Seriously, though, cross bashing is NOT cool. Sure, it's a tool for a painful execution, but it was that painful execution that saved any who accept it from sin. It has, then, become a symbol of forgiveness and sacrifice. I, personally, prefer the Jesus fish, but that's just me.

Max Power said:
Priests should be subject to the same punishment regarding any crime as the rest of us.

I think that's the first smart thing you've said..

Hobbit said:
Seriously, though, cross bashing is NOT cool. Sure, it's a tool for a painful execution, but it was that painful execution that saved any who accept it from sin. It has, then, become a symbol of forgiveness and sacrifice. I, personally, prefer the Jesus fish, but that's just me.

I'm not questioning the cross, just the intelligence of using it for a logo. If Jesus had existed in different time periods people might be running around with guillotines, pistols, electric chairs, the rack or whatever around their necks. Why celebrate the tool of an unjust execution? It's gross and yucky!

As you all should agree, pedophilia is a very serious and repulsive crime against children. And since all Catholic priests either engage in pedophilia or support it by their non-action, should Catholicism be abolished? Or at least, banned in this country.
I never hear of any rampant pedophilia among Muslims or Hindus.
Perhaps we should just kill all of Catholic priests, to set an example that they can't target our children.

Gabriella84 said:
As you all should agree, pedophilia is a very serious and repulsive crime against children. And since all Catholic priests either engage in pedophilia or support it by their non-action, should Catholicism be abolished? Or at least, banned in this country.
Perhaps we should just kill all of Catholic priests, to set an example that they can't target our children.

Okay, but by your logic we must first abolish the ACLU (or kill all its members) for supporting NAMBLA. Direct legal support for an organization which supports child molestation is much worse on the scale than someone just "supporting it by their inaction".

Gabriella84 said:

Good point! So many Christians whine that the Muslims don't condemn the actions of Al Qaeda, but when it's time for them to speak up against Christian atrocities they are silent. I guess you could say all Catholics who still attend mass and who make donations condone pedophilia. Their money is going to pay off the lawsuits.

Gabriella84 said:
Better yet, let's just banish trolls from the USMB or people whose rep points are equal to their IQs.....

G84.... you are either attempting to just incite something or else you're a complete moron.

You've never heard of rampant pedophilia amongst Hindus and Moslems because you probably listen to the Main Stream Media. (Let me ask .... after your daily brainwash, do you put your brain in the drier or just let it drip dry? Do you just use it on special occassions or do you just keep it on a jar on a shelf someplace? That way when your liberal friends come over you can show it to them?)

Let's abolish Catholicism, yes, and while we're at it.... let's abolish the First Amendment too.....

And while we're at it, let's abolish the Bill of Rights and US Constitution!

The problem with pedophile priests is the same as pedophile ministers, rabbis, school teachers, cops, psychiatrists, social workers and psychologists.

The fact is that those pedophile priests are GAY. The real solution is not to ordain gay priests. The problem is that the American Catholic Church has allowed a gay subculture to flourish in its seminaries and its churches. There are a lot of gay priests, the Catholic Church should kick them out of the priesthood. Any sexually active priest likewise.

P.S. I have a better idea, let's kill all gay people, since they are more likely to be pedophiles, anyway.

• Thanks
Reactions: Joz
KarlMarx said:
P.S. I have a better idea, let's kill all gay people, since they are more likely to be pedophiles, anyway.

Any other subset of humanity you think you have the right to condemn to death? Are you a closet Radical Muslim perhaps?

MissileMan said:
Any other subset of humanity you think you have the right to condemn to death? Are you a closet Radical Muslim perhaps?

Before you get your knickers in a knot.... that statement was for effect....

Speaking of inflammatory remarks..... did you read Blabbriella84's comment about killing Catholic priests? Why doesn't that merit negative comments? Are gays better than Catholic Priests?

KarlMarx said:
Before you get your knickers in a knot.... that statement was for effect....

It had the "effect" of making you sound like an overzealous bigot. Was that the effect you were shooting for?

KarlMarx said:
Speaking of inflammatory remarks..... did you read Blabbriella84's comment about killing Catholic priests? Why doesn't that merit negative comments? Are gays better than Catholic Priests?

Missed it! It's as atrocious as your post.

Gabriella84 said:

What part of the Constitution don't liberals understand. You can't abolish a religion. It's just wrong. Congress doesn't have the authority and if you were stupid enough to try to ban catholicism youd have a hell of a revolt because there are that many catholics in this nation.

KarlMarx said:
Better yet, let's just banish trolls from the USMB or people whose rep points are equal to their IQs.....

Hey my rep points are about equal to my IQ and I object to me being banned:p:

nucular said:
I'm not questioning the cross, just the intelligence of using it for a logo. If Jesus had existed in different time periods people might be running around with guillotines, pistols, electric chairs, the rack or whatever around their necks. Why celebrate the tool of an unjust execution? It's gross and yucky!

Two points.

1. People who celebrate the cross don't see it as a tool of unjust execution; they look at it as a means to salvation.

2. Gross and yucky? What..are you a 12 year old girl?

Abbey Normal said:
It wasn't a choice of punishment in your poll, but I vote for castration.
While I think might be a good start, this will solve nothing. Castration removes the sex glands/testes. This is NOT about sex.

Joz said:
While I think might be a good start, this will solve nothing. Castration removes the sex glands/testes. This is NOT about sex.

I understand your point, but I can't help but focus on the fact that we are talking about sexual molestation here, not random violence or burglary. I assume you are referring to the generally accepted theory that rape is not about sex. I agree that it is primarily about aggression and power, but it is expressed sexually.

While you are talking about physical castration, there is also chemical castration, which apprently is suggested for repeat rapists as well. I'm certainly no expert on this subject, but here is one report on it's use with pedophiles:

"Sex offenders, such as rapists, pedophiles, and exhibitionists, are among the highest reoccurring offense populations in the United States probation system... Chemical castration is an ideal punishment for sex offenders. When Depo-Provera is administered, recidivism rates fall to 5%. Their sexual fantasies are lessened as a result of the reduction of testosterone levels..."

And:
"Proponents of castration argue that it is justified and appropriate, that by controlling sex offenders' irresistable urges to rape or molest again, castration allows them to be released without endangering the public. Of more than 700 Danish sex offenders castrated following multiple convictions, relapse rates dropped from between 17% and 50% to just 2%. A Norwegian study showed the same for selected male and female sex offenders (the women had their ovaries removed). In smaller studies in Scandinavia and Italy, chemical castration was equally effective in some groups of volunteer prisoners, with the most dramatic reductions among pedophiles. These studies suggest the common argument-that rape is all about power, not sex, and therefore castration won't work-is wrong. A German study found that up to half of castrated men still could have erections and sex, but their desire was weakened or even extinguished. Johns Hopkins University psychiatrist and expert on treating sex offenders, Fred Berlin, points out that castration works "mainly in those who are sexually aroused by their crime...sadists and pedophiles."

I am sure that we can find certain "civil liberties" groups against this, with their own studies to back them up, but I remain for it, even if it is not 100% guaranteed to prevent all further child molestation.

Joz said:

True enough. Why I voted for crucifixion. That WILL solve the problem permanently.

Pedophiles are bad enough, but priests are an especially evil brand of pedophile because they abuse their positon as representatives of the Church and Christianity and everything that is supposed to be good to screw up for life the minds/emotional states of the innocent.

Crucifixion is actually letting them off easy as far as I'm concerned, but I didn't see a harsher choice. Hanged, drawn and quartered would be more like it.

Forum List

Back