More idiocy from Rev. Jeb Bush

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by Gabriella84, Jul 9, 2005.

1. Gabriella84

Gabriella84 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
  2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Gabby, glad to see you link to something! You could even include the first couple of paragraphs in quotes.

Sounds like it might be struck down by the courts, but in the meantime it could do some good. Want to curtail gang recruitment? More fathers involved with their children would do much more good than all the best equipped, pristine parks on every street corner.

3. HorhayAtAMD

HorhayAtAMD Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Why, because he wants to strengthen the family? I see that as a good thing, don't you?

The article suggested that the parts of the program that were in the public school system were not religious. Just because a program has a Christian background does not mean that the program itself promotes religion. Maybe if it is such a concern though, other religions could get on board so that the families can choose the stream in the program that most matches their religious beliefs.

1. If you are Christian, open a bible to Corinthians 13.
    2. If you are Jewish...
    3. If you are athiest...

I am not Christian but I hate it when Christian groups come up with great programs but the reaction by others is "how can I stop the Christians from doing this good thing?". Shouldn't the reaction be "how can my group come up with great programs too"?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 5
  4. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0

Your closing sentence summed it up...kudos to you! :dance:

5. Adam's Apple

Adam's Apple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    Couldn't agree more. Great response. :clap: :clap: :clap:

6. GotZoom

GotZoom Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +366
  7. Gabriella84

Gabriella84 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Simply put, Christian programs and policies have no place in public schools. Because not every student that attends public schools is Christian. Those who feel that Christian theology should be a part of schooling have plenty of Christian schools to choose from.

8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    By that logic: Simply put, homosexual teachings and agendas have no place in public schools. Because not every student, nigh, not 1 in a 100 students is homosexual or has 'two mommies' or 'two daddies' or whatever combo is being pushed. Those who feel that their children need this kind of support, should have their own schools to provide it.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. Gabriella84

Gabriella84 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I went through 12 years of public school education and was never subject to any "homosexual teachings and agendas." I was corrupted by the despicable "abstinence only" sex education practices. I don't recall hearing anything about homosexuality. No one ever taught me that it was deviant and wrong, so perhaps that is what you are referring to.

10. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    And was already pointed out that 'Christianity' was not on the agenda of this program, yet you have no problem in saying the program can't exist, because of it's 'roots'.