Peaceful Palestinians at it Again !!!

Who are the "Palesgtinians"? a new musical group?:eusa_whistle:

m0169.gif

Tinhead told me they were done with the suicide bombings.

The only reason they stopped was because Israel built a fence and has taken other security measures to protect Israeli civilians !

You mean like lobbing white phosphorous at Gazan civilians?

They used that to illuminate the skies, not to injure civilians intentionally. Anybody who got hurt as a result is collateral damage.

The only reason they stopped was because Israel built a fence and has taken other security measures to protect Israeli civilians !

They used that to illuminate the skies, not to injure civilians intentionally. Anybody who got hurt as a result is collateral damage.

Well...accept for a few minor details....white phosphorous is totally not kosher and contraindicated in urban areas due the immense damage and suffering it causes when it comes into contact with life. Israeli defense officials eventually admitted to using white phosphorous in exploding munitions and smoke projectiles - but not to "light up the skies", rather to create smoke. The Israeli military also had a non-lethal alternative they could have used - smoke shells.

I love the "collateral damage" excuse when undertaking illegal or unethical activities. Of course, that's after the "we categorically deny the use of white phosphorus" excuse.

you never were a soldier, were you? i was a master gunner in the united states army field artillery at the battalion level and at the division level and as soon as i saw the pic of WP rounds being fired i knew they was being used illegally.

secondly, you illuminate yourself as well. now if i have some insurrectionaries on their own familiar turf who knows where to hide and has superior numbers in all probability, it is to my advantage if i am going in to attack them to be as concealed as possible.

besides, they were using them in daylight as well.

Well...accept for a few minor details....white phosphorous is totally not kosher and contraindicated in urban areas due the immense damage and suffering it causes when it comes into contact with life. Israeli defense officials eventually admitted to using white phosphorous in exploding munitions and smoke projectiles - but not to "light up the skies", rather to create smoke. The Israeli military also had a non-lethal alternative they could have used - smoke shells.

I love the "collateral damage" excuse when undertaking illegal or unethical activities. Of course, that's after the "we categorically deny the use of white phosphorus" excuse.

you have an ecellent grip on the subject.

thank you.

you never were a soldier, were you? i was a master gunner in the united states army field artillery at the battalion level and at the division level and as soon as i saw the pic of WP rounds being fired i knew they was being used illegally.

secondly, you illuminate yourself as well. now if i have some insurrectionaries on their own familiar turf who knows where to hide and has superior numbers in all probability, it is to my advantage if i am going in to attack them to be as concealed as possible.

I see no problem with using WP to either illuminate or create a smoke screen. I agree the line is crossed when it is intentionally used to Incinerate either Combatants or Civilians. There is no excuse for that.

I see no problem with using WP to either illuminate or create a smoke screen. I agree the line is crossed when it is intentionally used to Incinerate either Combatants or Civilians. There is no excuse for that.

Israel would never use it to burn civilians or combatants

in between those is the indiscriminate use of the round and that is a war crime when used the way the IDF used it. i did not say they used it as an offensive weapon, but in an urban battlefield like gaza and the surroundintg area, illum rounds and smoke rounds are called for if you choose that route.

there really is very little reason to use WP rounds in situations like op cast lead.

and just or the record, i am not saying that israeli forces deliberately targeted the civilian population because i hate to speculate on intent, but there is not one ounce of doubt in my mind that they were used carelessly, indiscriminately and illegally...and i might add, stupidly.

coyote's post really did sum it up pretty well.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back