PC Police: Sam Kinison on gay Lifestyle

Bush92

GHBush1992
May 23, 2014
The following clip is from Sam Kinison comedy routine in the 1980's. At that time his humor was acceptable and considered VERY FUNNY. But just a few decades later the PC police (Marxism in my book) have whined so much that this would by controversial. What is your opinion on this and could/should a comedian be able to have a routine like this today? WARNING: The clip has some vulgar language, but necessary to the core point of this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
They were going after him back then for being so crude. I don't think he cared then and I doubt he would care now if he were alive. He'd just use the controversy to sell tickets and get movie parts.

They wouldn't like his views on Necrophelia either!

"Oh! OH! What's this? I'm dead and I'm STILL getting f*cked? It never ends! IT NEVER ENDS!"

If Kinison had been alive 50 years earlier, he could have riffed on Al Capone. "I had it made. I owned Chicago. I had all the pussy I wanted. Pussy-pussy-pussy-pussy. IT WAS THAT LAST PUSSY! AGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!"

Could he have gotten away with that then, or would the censorship police come after him?

;)

Last edited:
Black comics make fun of or otherwise disparage fellow blacks with "******" all the time today. About on a par with what Kinison was doing to gays in his day if you ask me.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOo18w3ydEE]Andrew Dice Clay on: Gay people - YouTube[/ame]

If you polled the American people about gay marriage in the 80s, you'd probably be down near single digits in support of the idea.

Hell, you'd probably poll less than a majority who supported interracial marriage back then.

We have come a long way.

The following clip is from Sam Kinison comedy routine in the 1980's. At that time his humor was acceptable and considered VERY FUNNY. But just a few decades later the PC police (Marxism in my book) have whined so much that this would by controversial. What is your opinion on this and could/should a comedian be able to have a routine like this today? WARNING: The clip has some vulgar language, but necessary to the core point of this thread.

"Marxism'? You just just splatter the term 'marxism' around like you were trying to butter bread. What possible connection does Marxism have with political correctness? Marx's philosophy is an economic one. It doesn't address gay rights.

Think all verbal speech should be legal. Especially in the context of entertainment. If ya don't like it, tough beans, go to a different comedy club, change the channel, or don't otherwise put yourself into auditory range of what you don't like hearing.

I don't like most commercials so I hit Mute if not going to change the channel. But I"d never write to the tv channel and threaten a boycott.

If you polled the American people about gay marriage in the 80s, you'd probably be down near single digits in support of the idea.

Hell, you'd probably poll less than a majority who supported interracial marriage back then.

We have come a long way.

This would be true. A majority of the nation didn't support interracial marriage until something like 1991. And gay marriage was a fiercely unpopular idea in the 80s.

This was the 'blame the fags for AIDS!' era after all. It wasn't until Magic Johnson brought HIV home for straights in the early 90s that the 80s view started to soften.

And it wasn't until the 2000s that views on gays really started to shift. With gay marriage support being a phenomenon you could measure in years on one hand.

Think all verbal speech should be legal. Especially in the context of entertainment. If ya don't like it, tough beans, go to a different comedy club, change the channel, or don't otherwise put yourself into auditory range of what you don't like hearing.

I don't like most commercials so I hit Mute if not going to change the channel. But I"d never write to the tv channel and threaten a boycott.

Legal, yeah. But legal and 'consequence free' are two totally different things.

"Marxism'? You just just splatter the term 'marxism' around like you were trying to butter bread. What possible connection does Marxism have with political correctness? Marx's philosophy is an economic one. It doesn't address gay rights.
You don't understand Marxism.
From Wikipedia:
Marxism is a worldview and method of societal analysis that focuses on class relations and societal conflict, that uses a materialist interpretation of historical development, and a dialectical view of social transformation. Marxist methodology uses economic and sociopolitical inquiry and applies that to the analysis and critique of the development of capitalism and the role of class struggle in systemic economic change.
Look up Hegelien Dialectic and Overton Window while yer at it.

It's already legal, it's called the 1st Amendment.

PC Police are the ones that wanna' make your Free Speech illegal.

If we start restricting speech out of fearing the consequences that's the end of the 1st Amendment. But for a few exceptions like shouting "Fire!" in a crowded theatre which actively and immediately endangers people, what people say in public should not be regulated. Where do you then draw the line? One of our biggest rights is calling our leaders incompetant. Couldn't do that in a monarchy system we came out of so we ensured we'd always be able to in our new country. Modern attempts to suppress unpopular speech are not only illegal then, but fundamentally wrong.

If we start restricting speech out of fearing the consequences that's the end of the 1st Amendment.

PC is an overwhelmingly private phenomenon. You're not drawing any distinction between legality and consequence between private citizens, equating the two.

They aren't the same. Look at the recent flap with the Clippper's owner. It had nothing to do with the government or 'regulation'. It was a private matter. Same with Rush's 'slut' comment. Or Michael Richard's absurd rant. These are private matters between private citizens.

While the 1st amendment prevents government intrusion on free speech. It does nothing to protect you from the private consequences of your own words.

You don't understand Marxism.
From Wikipedia:
Marxism is a worldview and method of societal analysis that focuses on class relations and societal conflict, that uses a materialist interpretation of historical development, and a dialectical view of social transformation. Marxist methodology uses economic and sociopolitical inquiry and applies that to the analysis and critique of the development of capitalism and the role of class struggle in systemic economic change.
Look up Hegelien Dialectic and Overton Window while yer at it.

Marxism makes no mention of gay rights. Nor does political correctness bear an even passing resemblance to Marxism or any of its tenets.

Once again, its just the use of the term as a generic pejorative. You might as well call political correctness 'purple happy tuesday' for as much relevance as 'marxism' has with the issue.

So when are the powers that be going to block him on You tube?????

Second Tuesday of next week?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np67piTSAzk]Sam Kinison - Homonecrophilia - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back