Pay for the military

:lol:

The leadership at Pope was pretty cool, man. I put in for regular leave for it but when my Commander found out what it was for he called me into his office just to make sure everything was ok with me then he changed it to admin leave. Cool guy for a Yankee fan.

I was deployed with a bunch of people from Pope, didn't sound like a bad place, how long were you there?

Most of the NCO's at Bragg went to the NCO club on Pope. It was such a better club...

I got hammered at the place a BUNCH of times.

:lol:

The leadership at Pope was pretty cool, man. I put in for regular leave for it but when my Commander found out what it was for he called me into his office just to make sure everything was ok with me then he changed it to admin leave. Cool guy for a Yankee fan.

I was deployed with a bunch of people from Pope, didn't sound like a bad place, how long were you there?

Most of the NCO's at Bragg went to the NCO club on Pope. It was such a better club...

I heard that Bragg and Pope were pretty much the same base anyways, and aren't they going to combine them into a joint post?

LOL at the base club at Vandenberg First Shirts were going around there taking away drinks from people who they believed had too much and security forces would patrol the place like Nazis, so basically we avoided the place like the plague.

I heard that Bragg and Pope were pretty much the same base anyways, and aren't they going to combine them into a joint post?

They already did basically.

I wonder if they still got the Wackenhut security at the Bragg gates?

Someone told me that the Army has now taken over Pope as an Army airfield. I remember many a day and night spent out there on Green Ramp.

LOL at the base club at Vandenberg First Shirts were going around there taking away drinks from people who they believed had too much and security forces would patrol the place like Nazis, so basically we avoided the place like the plague.

That doesn't sound like good times at all.

Now Sports USA on Bragg?

THAT was a blast.

http://www.fortbraggmwr.com/sportsusa.php

Last edited:

That doesn't sound like good times at all.

Now Sports USA on Bragg?

THAT was a blast.

Vandenberg was a horrible post, and it is the biggest reason why I left the service.

Yo that SportsUSA bar looks awesome, they have nothing near that on Vandenberg.

It is awesome.

They get every pay-per-view boxing, MMA, and wrestling event.

The place is a straight up club (civilians allowed in) most weekend nights.

All sorts of games, food, pool, outdoor volleyball court. Out door bar....etc

It is awesome.

Thats what I'm talking about, those are the kinds of things you need because life in the Military is stressful enough, at Vandenberg they provided us with nothing so we had to off base to get our swerve on, and alot of times people would get into trouble.

It is awesome.

Thats what I'm talking about, those are the kinds of things you need because life in the Military is stressful enough, at Vandenberg they provided us with nothing so we had to off base to get our swerve on, and alot of times people would get into trouble.

Did they have an AADD program there?

It is awesome.

Airman Against Drunk Driving? yes they did but heres the catch to that, Vandenberg is in the middle of nowhere. Literally outside the base is nothing but wilderness, the nearest town was 15 minutes away called Lompoc and it sucked, basically AADD would only go there, if you went out any further than that to Santa Barbara or San Luis Obispo they would not help you because those places were an hour away from the base.

Airman Against Drunk Driving? yes they did but heres the catch to that, Vandenberg is in the middle of nowhere. Literally outside the base is nothing but wilderness, the nearest town was 15 minutes away called Lompoc and it sucked, basically AADD would only go there, if you went out any further than that to Santa Barbara or San Luis Obispo they would not help you because those places were an hour away from the base.

Yeah that. Dude that ba-lows.

There was tons of bars, restaurants, strip clubs, tattoo parlors, pawn shops, you name it all right off base on Bragg Bvld. No excuse for gettin' a DUI there but ppl always did.

There was tons of bars, restaurants, strip clubs, tattoo parlors, pawn shops, you name it all right off base on Bragg Bvld. No excuse for gettin' a DUI there but ppl always did.

No doubt, at Vandenberg we didn't have that many DUIS, maybe like 12-13 a year but our base commander would still flip the fuck out like a woman and have mass commanders call and yell at everyone. At my first base Offutt we had like 40 DUIS a year one time, it got to the point where if we went a month without a DUI, we got a day off. Offutt was an awesome base with an awesome local area, I wish I had stayed.

Last edited:

No doubt, at Vandenberg we didn't have that many DUIS, maybe like 12-13 a year but our base commander would still flip the fuck out like a woman and have mass commanders call and yell at everyone. At my first base Offutt we had like 40 DUIS a year one time, it got to the point where if we went a month without a DUI, we got a day off. Offutt was an awesome base with an awesome local area, I wish I had stayed.

Yeah we had a sign at the base entrances that counted how many days since the last DUI and it was the last guy who got one's responsibility to change the number every morning and they weren't close to each other.

Pope was my only duty station but I spent almost a year at Keesler for tech school.

Biloxi and New Orleans pre-Katrina ... OMG

Yeah we had a sign at the base entrances that counted how many days since the last DUI and it was the last guy who got one's responsibility to change the number every morning and they weren't close to each other.

Pope was my only duty station but I spent almost a year at Keesler for tech school.

I was only in tech school for 6 weeks at Keesler but the area was great, I wouldn't have minded being stationed down there to be honest.

I was only in tech school for 6 weeks at Keesler but the area was great, I wouldn't have minded being stationed down there to be honest.

I think the little club they had at the Triangle was called the Vandenburg.

Had you been paying attention, you would already know that I abhor unions in the private and public sectors. Since you haven't been, your assumption is incorrect.

Then what "others" do you mean?

Just trying to figure out why they are not subject to the same brow beating that the right wingers on here give others who may live paycheck to paycheck.

Who are these "other" people? You mean "the poor?" Do you thing everyone in the military "lives paycheck to paycheck?" Why? Do you have any evidence of ANY troop living under a bridge in a cardboard box with his family?

Sounds like you're full-o-shit.

By "others" I meant ANYONE who lives paycheck to paycheck, and may ultimatley fall on hard times due to a loss of their job. Which in turn, lands them in a mrotgage crisis and for a period of time in the unemployment lines. Or as Willow Tree would call it, sucking off the tit of big Government.

So, by Others, you mean the long term unemployed.

And by "right wing" you mean Willow Tree.

For christssakes, no wonder you're confused about comparing how anyone acts toward the Active Military and the generationally poor.

You're:

TFFMTFW = Too Fucked-Up For Me To Fool With

I think the little club they had at the Triangle was called the Vandenburg.

They did we used to call it The V, it was alright but I wasn't old enough to drink when I was at Keesler.

I would say it is mostly conservative but while someone like Ollie probably thinks the split is something like 80% conservative, 20% liberal...the reality is more like 60% conservative, 40% liberal.

Some have a hard time imagining liberals in the military....just observe when liberal vets such as myself, seawytch, noose4 and zona are on....our military service is questioned again and again and again. They can't handle the reality that not all military are hard core conservatives. That liberals actually serve. That liberals don't go screaming away from guns and service to country.

:rolleyes:

Hey, you're safe already
:gay:

About what I'd expect from you, Samson.

wow...another sting from bodecea's small arsenal of witticisms?

Forum List

Back