Pawn Shop Score

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
I stopped by my local pawn shop and the owner asked if I wanted a 10-22 and a shotgun barrel both of which he was forfeiting....I said let me see them and he brought tem out.

The barrel was just a plain 30" full for a Mossberg 500 but the 10-22 was a Talo Exclusive M1 Carbine style with a ADE RMR green dot on it......$250.00 for both.

I added a repro carbine sling.....One odd thing was the stock cut for the sling's oiler (repro or GI) is way too narrow so I cut a piece of delrin rod to length, chucked into my drill press and used a bastard file to shape it to where it looks like a GI oiler....It serves. ;)

h 001 (2).JPG

I stopped by my local pawn shop and the owner asked if I wanted a 10-22 and a shotgun barrel both of which he was forfeiting....I said let me see them and he brought tem out.

The barrel was just a plain 30" full for a Mossberg 500 but the 10-22 was a Talo Exclusive M1 Carbine style with a ADE RMR green dot on it......$250.00 for both.

I added a repro carbine sling.....One odd thing was the stock cut for the sling's oiler (repro or GI) is way too narrow so I cut a piece of delrin rod to length, chucked into my drill press and used a bastard file to shape it to where it looks like a GI oiler....It serves. ;)

View attachment 619153
I do like that stock conversion,, might have to try it on one of my 10-22's,,

I'll say this, it's a little bulky, they could have lost a lot of wood on the stock and trimmed it down to WW-2 GI stock size....As pictured it's 5.6 pounds.
I had an old IBM m1 carbine but traded it for a 45-70,, cant really remember how heavy it was,, sure was nimble though,,

View attachment 619153
Really nice. Simple, elegent, functional, nice buy.

One time I was in a pawn shop and they had these worn out bolt cutters with a handle that was bent. They were damaged and seen better days but they could still cut steel wire mesh. And that's all I wanted them for.

I asked him how much he wanted for the cutters and he said $15. I just looked at him like he was nuts.

Then he said they've been there for months, and I can have them for free.

View attachment 619153
Now that's nice.

Forum List

Back