Pawlenty urges GOP to welcome outsiders

And they will continue to. They need and will get another woodshedding. Talking points based on mere partisan politics is all that the GOP has in its quiver right now.

Oh yes, boot out everyone that doesn't goosestep well enough. Send them over to the Dems. Fruitcakes forever party. Stick to all three present GOP Principles. NO, NO, and NO. Lordy, lordy, this just continues to get more humorous.

If you cannot stand for something, you'll fall for anything. Being Progressive-light is no answer at all.

If the GOP won't come back to the Conservatives, then the conservatives should go elsewhere. See how far the GOP will get without the base.

Conservative's elected the GOP. How would going someplace else anything?

And they will continue to. They need and will get another woodshedding. Talking points based on mere partisan politics is all that the GOP has in its quiver right now.

Oh yes, boot out everyone that doesn't goosestep well enough. Send them over to the Dems. Fruitcakes forever party. Stick to all three present GOP Principles. NO, NO, and NO. Lordy, lordy, this just continues to get more humorous.

give me a fucking break Rocks.....i think both parties operate with the same MO....talking points,partisan politics,and if you dont tow the line your career may end between now and next election.....havent you noticed that this game goes back and forth?....whoever fucks up is out and the other party is in until they fuck up....and sooner or later Rocks,whether you wanna admit it or not,the Dems are going to fuck up....and then the pendulum swings the other way....and so on and so on...

Pawlenty is such a dang bore. Welcome outsiders... Is that really the best he's got at this point?

give me a fucking break Rocks.....i think both parties operate with the same MO....talking points,partisan politics,and if you dont tow the line your career may end between now and next election.....havent you noticed that this game goes back and forth?....whoever fucks up is out and the other party is in until they fuck up....and sooner or later Rocks,whether you wanna admit it or not,the Dems are going to fuck up....and then the pendulum swings the other way....and so on and so on...

Harry, I have stated many times that the Dems will eventually aquire too much hubris, and make all the same mistakes that they have made in the past. However, if the present GOP continues as it is going, they will make few inroads in spite of that. For the fruitcake wing of the GOP seem to be controling the party at present. And people would rather have capable grifters than incompetant ideologues running the show.

The Associated Press: Minn. Gov: GOP must welcome others, broaden base

Minn. Gov: GOP must welcome others, broaden base
By MICHAEL R. BLOOD (AP) – 2 hours ago
SAN DIEGO — Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty on Thursday urged fellow Republicans to welcome outsiders into the party ranks, not scorn them, as the GOP rebuilds from defeats that left the White House and Congress in Democratic hands.
The potential 2012 presidential candidate, addressing a meeting of the Republican National Committee, appealed to members to build bridges to independents and conservative-leaning Democrats that would win converts and, in turn, elections.
To move forward at a time when Republican numbers are shrinking in many states, the party should show "respect of those who don't agree with us," Pawlenty said. "Let's make sure that we welcome others who are not yet Republicans." <more>
As a conservative I have no interest in the GOP.

i wish McCain had picked Pawlenty
at least then Palin would have still been Gov

i would NEVER vote for Pawlenty

dude...mccain was and is an idiot....he chose palin solely because she was a woman...he was shamelessly trying to get the disgruntled hillary voters that voted for hillary solely because she is a woman

Harry, I have stated many times that the Dems will eventually aquire too much hubris, and make all the same mistakes that they have made in the past. However, if the present GOP continues as it is going, they will make few inroads in spite of that. For the fruitcake wing of the GOP seem to be controling the party at present. And people would rather have capable grifters than incompetant ideologues running the show.

well at least we can agree that somewhere down the line they will screw up...

Welcome more outsiders means be more appeasing to the masses, so that the party can regain control. That is my take. I don't buy into that rhetoric.

Good thinking. The Masses are looking for a leader, and they're beginning to get the idea that Obama isn't it.

Welcome more outsiders means be more appeasing to the masses, so that the party can regain control. That is my take. I don't buy into that rhetoric.
An effective political party SHOULD be doing what the masses want. Not kowtowing to small groups of fat cats and crazies.

When they start taking "outsiders" like the "independent" Repubs or conservatives seriously...THEN I'll know it's truth and not rhetoric.

An effective political party SHOULD be doing what the masses want. Not kowtowing to small groups of fat cats and crazies.
you mean like the dems do?

you don't really think ALL poiliticians don't kowtow to fatcats, to you?

but that has nothing to do with the fact that the GOP is making themselves pathetic by alienating far too many groups of people.

Forum List

Back