Paul Ryan mocks senior citizen who wants to keep his medicare.

Yes, I did. The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office found last month that the Medicare provisions in the health care law would save $700 billion over a decade and extend the life of Medicare.

The prescription drug cost savings and the 100% coverage of preventative services will help Seniors and improve Medicare.

Ok.....so how is cutting back what is payed providers not cutting back on medicare.....you were paying the doctor $50 for an office visit, the Gov arbitrarily decides they are only going to pay said doctor $25 for the visit....the cost of doing business has not changed....so when said Doctor no longer accepts Medicare has their care been cut?
no

they just go to another doctor if their doctor refuses to accept medicare....at least that is how it has worked so far....

insurance companies ALSO do NOT pay anywhere near the Doctor's ''asking'' price as well!

ALSO, it's all a tax gimmick for Doctors to list a very high price, claiming it to be his normal price, then they take a tax right off between the difference is my understanding of it....in your example, between the $50 and the $25, which equals $25 to write off.

OOO sorry no.....Insurance companies pay the negotiated price...the price that is agreed to by everyone's Lawyers....too bad you don't understand how it works....here's another little nugget for you....

Premiums, that amount that is charged to the insureds....has to be submitted AND approved by......

wait for it....

The GOVERNMENT......

Premiums, that amount that is charged to the insureds....has to be submitted AND approved by......

wait for it....

The GOVERNMENT......

Historically it's been a rare state that requires outright approval of premium increases. In fact, if you lived outside the northeast, you've generally been out of luck. That may be changing to a degree now, but it's still a matter left to state discretion.

Although with the coming preponderance of federal exchanges for insurance (since red states are choosing to cede control over their individual markets to the feds), this might soon be a federal prerogative. I'll need to look that up to see what their options are. Thanks.

Don't taze me bro....it's already been done ole JoeBoy.

That guy was tazed at a Kerry event, and you guys did raise bloody hell, even though Kerry himself said that the cops overreacted.

A lot of you also cheered when those guys pepper-sprayed those OWS protestors.

Thank you for acknowleding the correctness of my point....

Um, hardly. You guys did bitch about it, and it was Kerry, not Obama. And I don't even think this guy was a right wing type. He was actually kind of a goof.

You mean the OWS people throwing rocks at the police, the ones shitting on cop cars, the ones craeting graffiti all over public buildings, the ows people raping women, the ows people generally obstructing the public...yup, I cheered it.

Um, but too bad these guys weren't actually doing that. They were peacefully protesting.

They are the rubbish of America and as law breakers they deserved much more.

Well, we can't all get on our kneepads for multi-national corporations like you do...

That old guy is a democrat party heckler sent there to engage in mayhem. He is no different than the clown who claimed that Romney killed his wife because that clown was fired and lost his insurance but that clown hid the fact that his wife had health insurance from her employer.

The democrat party is parading a bunch of operatives to engage in this kind of lies and deceit.

wait for it....

The GOVERNMENT......

Historically it's been a rare state that requires outright approval of premium increases. In fact, if you lived outside the northeast, you've generally been out of luck. That may be changing to a degree now, but it's still a matter left to state discretion.

Although with the coming preponderance of federal exchanges for insurance (since red states are choosing to cede control over their individual markets to the feds), this might soon be a federal prerogative. I'll need to look that up to see what their options are. Thanks.

Sorry no, thats why every state has an insurance commissioner....and it is the law.(anyone who has taken the Ins exam knows this)

The exchanges aren't actually new, they just expand the power of the Commissioners office...

ONLY approves plans will be available through the exchanges....who decides what an "approved plan" is...the exchanges...who decides what can be charged ny the Insurers...the exchanges....what constitutes an "approved plan"???

Only those insurers who adopt coverages determined by....

The exchanges, sorry friend I've read it too.

Last edited:
That guy was tazed at a Kerry event, and you guys did raise bloody hell, even though Kerry himself said that the cops overreacted.

A lot of you also cheered when those guys pepper-sprayed those OWS protestors.

Thank you for acknowleding the correctness of my point....

Um, hardly. You guys did bitch about it, and it was Kerry, not Obama. And I don't even think this guy was a right wing type. He was actually kind of a goof.

You mean the OWS people throwing rocks at the police, the ones shitting on cop cars, the ones craeting graffiti all over public buildings, the ows people raping women, the ows people generally obstructing the public...yup, I cheered it.

Um, but too bad these guys weren't actually doing that. They were peacefully protesting.

They are the rubbish of America and as law breakers they deserved much more.

Well, we can't all get on our kneepads for multi-national corporations like you do...

If you were/are part of OWS you are the excrement of america too...

Sorry no, thats why every state has an insurance commissioner....and it is the law.

Most insurance commissioners don't have the authority to reject premium increases.

They have the authority to enforce state insurance laws. Not quite the same.

The exchanges aren't actually new, they just expand the power of the Commissioners office...

They are indeed. Few states actually have transparent individual marketplaces at the moment.

Sorry no, thats why every state has an insurance commissioner....and it is the law.

Most insurance commissioners don't have the authority to reject premium increases.

They are indeed. Few states actually have transparent individual marketplaces at the moment.

No sorry...as I said, anyone who has taken any State's licensing exam knows that the commissioner has to approve ANY premium increase OR changes to coverage.

Now to change either EVERYONE in the group, (groups are determined zip codes, its called durational rating) MUST be subjected to the changes.

That old guy is a democrat party heckler sent there to engage in mayhem. He is no different than the clown who claimed that Romney killed his wife because that clown was fired and lost his insurance but that clown hid the fact that his wife had health insurance from her employer.

The democrat party is parading a bunch of operatives to engage in this kind of lies and deceit.

do you think the republicans do the same thing?.....

wait for it....

The GOVERNMENT......

Sorry no, thats why every state has an insurance commissioner....and it is the law.(anyone who has taken the Ins exam knows this)

ONLY approves plans will be available through the exchanges....who decides what an "approved plan" is...the exchanges...who decides what can be charged ny the Insurers...the exchanges....what constitutes an "approved plan"???

Only those insurers who adopt coverages determined by....

The exchanges, sorry friend I've read it too.

yea its like that out here....Ins Commish....

Blue shield had to have hearing when they wanted to raise theirs out here.....at least thats the notice i got....

No sorry...as I said, anyone who has taken any State's licensing exam knows that the commissioner has to approve ANY premium increase OR changes to coverage.

Prior authorization is far from universal.

43-3-full.jpg

If you delve into which of those states with prior authorization can reject proposed increased on the basis that they're excessive or lack justification, the number of states with the authority to protect their residents shrinks further.

do you think the republicans do the same thing?.....

Hell yes they do........... It intimidated democrats so badly they were ordered by the party to not discuss healthcare and most shut their town hall meeting s down.....

That 500 billion dollar cut actually takes money from Medicare Advantage which is not Medicare but a way for Seniors to buy private insurance.

The ACA didn't take a dime from Seniors. The primary financial change were reductions in payments to providers and Hospitals not services that would be provided to patients.

bullshit.

That 500 billion dollar cut actually takes money from Medicare Advantage which is not Medicare but a way for Seniors to buy private insurance.

The ACA didn't take a dime from Seniors. The primary financial change were reductions in payments to providers and Hospitals not services that would be provided to patients.

You better call the CBO!! They think you're full of shit.

Nope, the above is true. Just look it up.

In addition to what I wrote above. Here is what is being done to provide more services for Seniors which is backed up by CMS itself.

The Centers for Medicare And Medicaid Services (CMS) released data showing that over 5.2 million seniors and people with disabilities have already saved nearly $4 billion on prescription drugs as a direct result of the Affordable Care Act.

Affordable Care Act now allows Medicare to provide all of these preventive screens without a deductible or co-payment.

.Bone mass measurement
.Cervical cancer screening, including Pap smear tests and pelvic exams
.Cholesterol and other cardiovascular screenings
.Colorectal cancer screening (except for barium enemas)
.Diabetes screening
.Flu shot, pneumonia shot, and the hepatitis B shot
.HIV screening for people at increased risk or who ask for the test
.Mammograms
.Medical nutrition therapy to help people manage diabetes or kidney disease
.Prostate cancer screening

CMS's website:

Medicare | Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services

You can't be this obtuse, seriously. Do you really think that Doctors and Hospitals are going to take $700 Billion less in payments and magically provide more for less? :lol:

It's not realistic. Hospital and Doctors area already dropping Medicare patients in droves, they simply cannot afford to take them.

In Colorado 2/3 of Doctors refuse or limit Medicare patients.

Medicare | Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services[/QUOTE]
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/21/u...nd-medicare-without-wounding-the-patient.html
Why the Mayo Clinic is refusing to see Medicare patients
The Day - More Medicare patients being refused | News from southeastern Connecticut

Lucky man! He's got medicare. Gone before I can claim my share... Thanks GOP!

If the Democrats have their way it will be gone before you can claim your share as well. Doing Nothing is no Different than Eliminating it all together. It's going to collapse and bring this whole House of Cards with it.

Forum List

Back