Paul Ryan mocks senior citizen who wants to keep his medicare.

Because I'm Canadian and I know health care arguments inside and out. I can scream NHS's bullshit in my dreams ok?

Look, there is not one healthcare program in the world that cannot be revisited and refined.
BUT for heavens sake don't pattern your new one after a given mother fucking failure like the NHS. It's a nightmare.

Thanks for the tip.

Luckily, we didn't.

I've slogged through it. You are. I read the damn piece of fecal matter. Have you?

You must not be familiar with my posts. Yes, I've read it.

If my explaining it to you would be helpful, start a thread in the Clean forum.

That 500 billion dollar cut actually takes money from Medicare Advantage which is not Medicare but a way for Seniors to buy private insurance.

The ACA didn't take a dime from Seniors. The primary financial change were reductions in payments to providers and Hospitals not services that would be provided to patients.

Know what happens? Unelected bureaucrats get to decide whether or not a life saving drug is "affordable".

IPAB has no authority to make coverage decisions, nor (if current Medicare growth rates persist) are they likely to have any authority to make any recommendations at all.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaa

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

If they treated a teabagger screaming "Get your gummit hands off my medicare" at Obama this way, you'd be screaming bloody murder.

Don't taze me bro....it's already been done ole JoeBoy.

That guy was tazed at a Kerry event, and you guys did raise bloody hell, even though Kerry himself said that the cops overreacted.

A lot of you also cheered when those guys pepper-sprayed those OWS protestors.

That 500 billion dollar cut actually takes money from Medicare Advantage which is not Medicare but a way for Seniors to buy private insurance.

The ACA didn't take a dime from Seniors. The primary financial change were reductions in payments to providers and Hospitals not services that would be provided to patients.

You better call the CBO!! They think you're full of shit.

If they treated a teabagger screaming "Get your gummit hands off my medicare" at Obama this way, you'd be screaming bloody murder.

Don't taze me bro....it's already been done ole JoeBoy.

That guy was tazed at a Kerry event, and you guys did raise bloody hell, even though Kerry himself said that the cops overreacted.

A lot of you also cheered when those guys pepper-sprayed those OWS protestors.

Thank you for acknowleding the correctness of my point...

You mean the OWS people throwing rocks at the police, the ones shitting on cop cars, the ones craeting graffiti all over public buildings, the ows people raping women, the ows people generally obstructing the public...yup, I cheered it.

They are the rubbish of America and as law breakers they deserved much more.

Last edited:

so is that not diminishing what the Hospital and Providers can Provide to the elderly?....:eusa_eh:

The primary financial change were reductions in payments to providers and Hospitals not services that would be provided to patients

You really didn't just type that did you?

Nope, the above is true. Just look it up.

In addition to what I wrote above. Here is what is being done to provide more services for Seniors which is backed up by CMS itself.

The Centers for Medicare And Medicaid Services (CMS) released data showing that over 5.2 million seniors and people with disabilities have already saved nearly $4 billion on prescription drugs as a direct result of the Affordable Care Act.

Affordable Care Act now allows Medicare to provide all of these preventive screens without a deductible or co-payment.

.Bone mass measurement
.Cervical cancer screening, including Pap smear tests and pelvic exams
.Cholesterol and other cardiovascular screenings
.Colorectal cancer screening (except for barium enemas)
.Diabetes screening
.Flu shot, pneumonia shot, and the hepatitis B shot
.HIV screening for people at increased risk or who ask for the test
.Mammograms
.Medical nutrition therapy to help people manage diabetes or kidney disease
.Prostate cancer screening

CMS's website:

Medicare | Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services

So that older gentleman gets to shout and be annoying with out consequence? We all will have paid into social security and medicare just like that older gentleman ... guess what? It's not going to be there for people my age. Oh guess what? no one wants to take away that older gentleman's entitlements anyway. He should be complaining about his grandchildren's future, not his own. He has nothing to complain about.

The Ryan plan, as well as others on the hard right are all about destroying medicare and social security.

You're a liar.

Do you support Obamacare taking 700 billion out of Medicare?

Thanks for the tip.

Luckily, we didn't.

I've slogged through it. You are. I read the damn piece of fecal matter. Have you?

You must not be familiar with my posts. Yes, I've read it.

If my explaining it to you would be helpful, start a thread in the Clean forum.

I'd love it. Now I am in between posts today tending to lemon boys, sweet millions and a whack load of jalapenos I intend to make jelly from.

But I would love and adore a genuine discussion on healthcare and why I worry about yours and the true nightmare of NHS versus where we are today. I think there are truly excellent examples of two tier out there omgosh yes france being one and there are other models that are successful.

Our biggest failure is wait times. Great health care if you can get to it. I'd love a good discussion.

The primary financial change were reductions in payments to providers and Hospitals not services that would be provided to patients

Yes, I did. The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office found last month that the Medicare provisions in the health care law would save $700 billion over a decade and extend the life of Medicare.

The prescription drug cost savings and the 100% coverage of preventative services will help Seniors and improve Medicare.

So that older gentleman gets to shout and be annoying with out consequence? We all will have paid into social security and medicare just like that older gentleman ... guess what? It's not going to be there for people my age. Oh guess what? no one wants to take away that older gentleman's entitlements anyway. He should be complaining about his grandchildren's future, not his own. He has nothing to complain about.

The Ryan plan, as well as others on the hard right are all about destroying medicare and social security.

You're a liar.

Do you support Obamacare taking 700 billion out of Medicare?

He didn't, do your research. Stop buying the talking points without looking into it more. See my above posts for examples.

Nope, the above is true. Just look it up.

In addition to what I wrote above. Here is what is being done to provide more services for Seniors which is backed up by CMS itself.

The Centers for Medicare And Medicaid Services (CMS) released data showing that over 5.2 million seniors and people with disabilities have already saved nearly $4 billion on prescription drugs as a direct result of the Affordable Care Act.

Affordable Care Act now allows Medicare to provide all of these preventive screens without a deductible or co-payment.

.Bone mass measurement
.Cervical cancer screening, including Pap smear tests and pelvic exams
.Cholesterol and other cardiovascular screenings
.Colorectal cancer screening (except for barium enemas)
.Diabetes screening
.Flu shot, pneumonia shot, and the hepatitis B shot
.HIV screening for people at increased risk or who ask for the test
.Mammograms
.Medical nutrition therapy to help people manage diabetes or kidney disease
.Prostate cancer screening

CMS's website:

Medicare | Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services

my folks used to get most of that stuff without a co-pay when they were alive.....and that was 7 years ago....

Yes, I did. The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office found last month that the Medicare provisions in the health care law would save $700 billion over a decade and extend the life of Medicare.

The prescription drug cost savings and the 100% coverage of preventative services will help Seniors and improve Medicare.

Ok.....so how is cutting back what is payed providers not cutting back on medicare.....you were paying the doctor $50 for an office visit, the Gov arbitrarily decides they are only going to pay said doctor $25 for the visit....the cost of doing business has not changed....so when said Doctor no longer accepts Medicare has their care been cut?

Moreover, the CBO and/or the Medicare chief actuary have previously said that Obamacare would raise health insurance premiums, would raise overall U.S. health costs, would raise taxes on Americans and on American businesses, and would siphon something approaching $1 trillion (from 2014 through 2023) out of Medicare.

Weekly Standard: Obamacare To Cost 1.93 Trillion : NPR

Now granted NPR is a Rightwing mouthpiece (rolling eyes), and of course the chief Medicare Acutary simply cannot be believed.

Last edited:
I've seen the care that Medicaid provides and it's complete shit. I will never let Medicaid near me.

Ok.....so how is cutting back what is payed providers not cutting back on medicare.....you were paying the doctor $50 for an office visit, the Gov arbitrarily decides they are only going to pay said doctor $25 for the visit....the cost of doing business has not changed....so when said Doctor no longer accepts Medicare has their care been cut?
no

they just go to another doctor if their doctor refuses to accept medicare....at least that is how it has worked so far....

insurance companies ALSO do NOT pay anywhere near the Doctor's ''asking'' price as well!

ALSO, it's all a tax gimmick for Doctors to list a very high price, claiming it to be his normal price, then they take a tax write off between the difference is my understanding of it....in your example, between the $50 and the $25, which equals $25 to write off.

Last edited:
Moreover, the CBO and/or the Medicare chief actuary have previously said that Obamacare would raise health insurance premiums, would raise overall U.S. health costs, would raise taxes on Americans and on American businesses, and would siphon something approaching $1 trillion (from 2014 through 2023) out of Medicare.

Weekly Standard: Obamacare To Cost 1.93 Trillion : NPR

Now granted NPR is a Rightwing mouthpiece (rolling eyes), and of course the chief Medicare Acutary simply cannot be believed.
health care insurance for my husband and I has gone up around 9% a year for the past 15 years. If the ACA reduces those increases to only being 5% a year vs the 9% a year, we are ahead of the trend....we will be doing better.

Forum List

Back