Paul Ryan Calls Generals Liars

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
KRISTEN ROBERTS: Why did the committee choose to go against the advice of the generals?

REP. PAUL RYAN: We don’t think the generals are giving us their true advice. We don’t think the generals believe that their budget is really the right budget. I believe that the president’s budget by virtue of the fact that when he released his budget number of about $500 billion, the number was announced at the same time they announced the beginning of their strategy review of the Pentagon’s budget. So what we get from the Pentagon is more of a budget driven strategy, not a strategy driven budget.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE4I1rSPrrY&feature=player_embedded"]LINK[/ame]

Nobody has an opinion on this Ryan asshole calling our Generals liars?

So much for Republicans supporting the troops.

I forget which one but one of the generals came out and cremated Ryan for this BS. Then Ryan backed down, changed his tune and said "Oh, I didn't mean they were "lying", I meant they weren't telling the um, err... well fuck."

It was Army General Martin Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, that took issue with those comments as one might expect.

"There’s a difference between having someone say they don't believe what you said versus ... calling us, collectively, liars," the general told reporters on Thursday, according to the Wall Street Journal. "My response is: I stand by my testimony. This was very much a strategy-driven process to which we mapped the budget.

Of course it was General, a more honest phrasing would have been: it was a strategy-driven process to which we mapped to increase our budget.

You don't know what you're talking about.

This is just another phase from the left attempting to demonize the GOP for the coming election.

Generals have to follow orders and Obama is the COC......so anything that comes from the White House is untrustworthy. Everything must be questioned.

I forget which one but one of the generals came out and cremated Ryan for this BS. Then Ryan backed down, changed his tune and said "Oh, I didn't mean they were "lying", I meant they weren't telling the um, err... well fuck."

Wow......when did this all happen????

It was Army General Martin Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, that took issue with those comments as one might expect.

"There’s a difference between having someone say they don't believe what you said versus ... calling us, collectively, liars," the general told reporters on Thursday, according to the Wall Street Journal. "My response is: I stand by my testimony. This was very much a strategy-driven process to which we mapped the budget.

Of course it was General, a more honest phrasing would have been: it was a strategy-driven process to which we mapped to increase our budget.

It's interesting that the General was one of those perfumed warriors that came out of Personnel, better known as S-1.

He's the perfect spokesman for Obama.

Either they are lying because they are syncophants to the president, or they are incompetent. I'd prefer to believe they are lying to keep the stassi from the door.

This is just another phase from the left attempting to demonize the GOP for the coming election.

Generals have to follow orders and Obama is the COC......so anything that comes from the White House is untrustworthy. Everything must be questioned.

These are political generals.

:laugh:

It's interesting that the General was one of those perfumed warriors that came out of Personnel, better known as S-1.

He's the perfect spokesman for Obama.
Another Republican Rightwinger shitting on our military when it's politically advantageous.

Is anybody really surprised?
no.gif

Either they are lying because they are syncophants to the president, or they are incompetent. I'd prefer to believe they are lying to keep the stassi from the door.
Another wingnut pissing on the troops.

Do these fringe extremists have any patriotism at all?
no.gif

Going up the ladder has always been political.

Another Rightwing extremist who says fuck you to the military.

Good job, wingnut.
no.gif

Another wingnut pissing on the troops.

Do these fringe extremists have any patriotism at all?
no.gif

If I thought you knew what you were talking about I'd call you on your absurdity.

Seriously, people using our military as political footballs is sickening. Both sides.... shame on you.
Nothing to say about the OP, eh?

Just another case of you excusing your wingnut politicians for their public statements, eh?

You continue to demonstrate why nobody respects you, CG.

There must be a term for this practice? I mean knowingly making a mistake, then come back and apolgize, but the seed is planted, and they now know the truth. Yeah, the generals weren't lying, wink, wink.

Seriously, people using our military as political footballs is sickening. Both sides.... shame on you.
Nothing to say about the OP, eh?

Just another case of you excusing your wingnut politicians for their public statements, eh?

You continue to demonstrate why nobody respects you, CG.

As if you spoke for everybody in the first place.

Forum List

Back