Paul Ryan Calls Generals Liars

Let me understand this as best as I can: Paul Ryan calls out the Generals for being, what, political tools of Obama because they're okay with reigning in the defense budget just a little?

I think Ryan clearly made an unforced error, but the nature of the discord here is something I don't understand, I mean, don't we all agree the defense budget could use a little trimming?

I'd be happy if we cut bring it down by a $1 trillion over 10 years; we'd still have the most kick-ass military around. The budget there went crazy for a decade and so I don't get why it's a sin that the administration and the Pentagon are basically in lockstep over taking some responsibility.

For Ryan it's an unforced error because a conservative should appear to be seen as wanting to reign in all the budgets for everything across the board at this time.

Nobody has an opinion on this Ryan asshole calling our Generals liars?

So much for Republicans supporting the troops.

You don't know what you're talking about.

This is just another phase from the left attempting to demonize the GOP for the coming election.

Generals have to follow orders and Obama is the COC......so anything that comes from the White House is untrustworthy. Everything must be questioned.

"There’s a difference between having someone say they don't believe what you said versus ... calling us, collectively, liars," the general told reporters on Thursday, according to the Wall Street Journal. "My response is: I stand by my testimony. This was very much a strategy-driven process to which we mapped the budget.

Yep, a demon-driven decision from the neo-marxist left. :cuckoo:

Republicans and Rightwingers hate the military when the military doesn't agree with them.

General Wesley Clark
General Joseph Hoar
General Anthony Zinni
General Eric Shinseki
Admiral Joe Sestak
General Martin Dempsey

The list goes on and on: all of them demonized by the extreme fringe of American society, represented by the Republican Party. Disgraceful.

Really? and you lefties LOVE the military when they are Republicans
Bush
Allen West
Remember, General Betrayus...that came from you loving left

Bush? Are you serious? Daddy dodged Vietnam for Dubya, pulling strings so Shrub could keep pulling beer tabs.

I haven't seen any criticism of Allan West's military career, just his wingnut Congressional career.

Your third example is just a lie.

Nobody has an opinion on this Ryan asshole calling our Generals liars?

So much for Republicans supporting the troops.

You don't know what you're talking about.

This is just another phase from the left attempting to demonize the GOP for the coming election.

Generals have to follow orders and Obama is the COC......so anything that comes from the White House is untrustworthy. Everything must be questioned.

That is, unfortunately, just how I feel about the WH. It is all a travesty.

“spending for defense alone has not been lower than 3 percent of GDP in any year [since World War II]” and Ryan seeks a high level of defense spending — he increases defense funding by $228 billion over the next ten years above the pre-sequestration baseline — the rest of government would largely have to disappear.

CBO Shows Ryan Budget Would Set Nation on Path to End Most of Government Other Than Social Security, Health Care, and Defense By 2050 — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

Heres the thing at the beginning of the 21st Century the DOD Budget was 277.5 Billion Dollars the 2013 DOD Budget with cuts is 613.9 Billion Dollars roughly a 100% increase over a decade. Take into consideration the following, the Joint Strike Fighter Program is now over 14 years old and and billions of dollars over budget and is just now beginning to field its first test squadron of F-35's and is years behind. Does anyone here remember the US Army's now abandoned billion dollar Comanche Helicopter, or the now abandoned Presidential Helicopter, of the now Abandoned US Navy CG-X program. it goes on and on and on , with billions spent with "ZERO" results. Two wars, with no way to fund them costing the nation at the very least over a Trillion dollars in War Supplementals not to mention the blood of its young warriors. So along comes Rep. Paul Ryan to champion a budget that not only puts a stamp of approval on all this. it tells the Vets of those Wars, thank you but we are also going to got 11 Billion of your funding too to build even more F-35's.

Here's a little food for thought,

China our nearest Military competition 2012 Military Budget is 102 Billion Dollars, Russia's was 72 Billion, so if you add the two together it does not approach half the US Military Budget. The fact is its not HOW much we need its how we spend it. If DOD was actually reformed to the point where it spends money better and actually bought what the warriors asked for and not what contractors forced them too, then there would be no need for a Budget like Ryan's which is complete nonsense.

Last edited:
The probably is this: the WH of Bush was not trustworthy beginning early in 2002. That does not excuse BHO and his office.

The imperial presidency should be distrusted period by all Americans and held accountable.

Interesting how Obama's generals are supposed to be off limits, according to the same libtards that put this kind of thing out under Bush...

moveon_Petraeus_NYTad_228.jpg

Ryan is a smart man. I am happy that we have someone that can see through to what actually exists. The generals themselves would not call it lying, but "contrived truth," which is found acceptable.

He understands the situation they are in politically, having to make a budget that fits what others want as far as expenditures. Too many politicians with influence over the military budget are more concerned for looking after their own interests instead of what is really in the national interest.

Last edited:
Ryan is a smart man. I am happy that we have someone that can see through to what actually exists. The generals themselves would not call it lying, but "contrived truth," which is found acceptable.

He understands the situation they are in politically, having to make a budget that fits what others want as far as expenditures. Too many politicians with influence over the military budget are more concerned for looking after their own interests instead of what is really in the national interest.

bingo

bingo

You are indeed entitled to your worthless, unsubstantiated opinions.

bingo

You are indeed entitled to your worthless, unsubstantiated opinions.

you disagree with this statement?

Too many politicians with influence over the military budget are more concerned for looking after their own interests instead of what is really in the national interest.

Dude, that covers about 90% of politicians on BOTH sides. Ugly, but true.

Do I think so? Doesn't matter. What does matter is that it is time to bring the troops home. We can say, "We win" and bring them home, moon doggy. That is the only thing that matters here.

Now, considering opininions, your for instance. They are not facts, and you should give facts, objective evidence. Let's see you do that, and perhaps you may regain some ground here on the Board.

Do I think so? Doesn't matter. What does matter is that it is time to bring the troops home. We can say, "We win" and bring them home, moon doggy. That is the only thing that matters here.

Now, considering opininions, your for instance. They are not facts, and you should give facts, objective evidence. Let's see you do that, and perhaps you may regain some ground here on the Board.

Got it... facts only. No opinions allowed :rolleyes:

what-eva

Forum List

Back