Paul Krugman slams Art Laffer & Ayn Rand-type economics

ummm..... I DID watch the entire debate 2X. First on the radio THEN I located it on cspan video library archive.

Needless to say, Krugman mopped the floor w/ his Randian adversaries.

Wonder if Ryan (R) came out & told the truth that he indeed DOES worship the philandering atheist- Ayn Rand since he threw her under the bus in the election?

117746600.jpg

So if you did, why don't you address his tax & spend?

the link is a clip of Krugman's closing 3 min argument

Krugman of course is a liberal buffoon. Newt asked him if he would support France's new 70% income tax on the rich. Krugman said yes, apparently not realizing that the per capita income in France is about equal to that of Arkansas, about our poorest state.

The per capita income in France is $23,334. In Arkansas it is $21,274. In Mississippi it is $19,977.

List of countries by per capita personal income - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

List of U.S. states by income - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Everything is much more expensive in France, so the same income doesn't go nearly as far. The valid measure is GDP in terms of PPP.

By that measure the U.S. is 49,965 and France is 35,845. The U.S is about 40% better.

List of countries by GDP (PPP) per capita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

First of all, what type & size font are you using & second of all be more specific in your queries. That is all.

First of all, what type & size font are you using & second of all be more specific in your queries. That is all.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Oh so you watched it but didn't understand a thing that was said...

You know that is the scariest part, you think he so smart but you cannot comprehend a thing that was said, no wonder you keep drinking the Kool Aid...

You know that is the scariest part, you think he so smart but you cannot comprehend a thing that was said, no wonder you keep drinking the Kool Aid...
That would be your opinion. And you know how much thinking people value your opinion.

That would be your opinion. And you know how much thinking people value your opinion.

Well since your not a thinking person who cares what you think?

Here. Read these. They help to explain your malady:
University Study Shows People With Lower IQ's Are Political Conservatives
University Study Shows People With Lower IQ's Are Political Conservatives

Brock University Study Low IQ & Conservative Beliefs Linked to Prejudice | Racism, Bias & Politics | Right-Wing and Left-Wing Ideology | LiveScience

New Study Reveals That Stupidity Can Make You Conservative And Racist

U of Arkansas study Study ?Proves? Conservatism Linked To Stupidity - The Ulsterman Report

British Cohort study Right-wingers are less intelligent than left wingers, says controversial study - and conservative politics can lead people to be racist | Mail Online

LiveScience study Social conservatives have a lower I.Q.? (probably) - Gene Expression | DiscoverMagazine.com

Watching Fox makes you stupid Study: Watching Fox News Actually Makes You Stupid | Jillian Rayfield | Politics News | Rolling Stone

Alterman Study: Conservatives Display Ignorance | Nel's New Day

That question is an oxymoron. Accusing someone of responding with the written equivalent of muscle memory i. e. unthinkingly, how could you dismiss his non-existent thinking? While given that he responded without pointing out that logical fallacy does lend credence to your first statement the second half of your question should be either "I need to contact someone who is to answer that last statement." or "you are not among those who know."

I hope you find that helpful.

No problem, Ed. My point remains, neither VC companies nor other investors will invest in start-ups (or plant expansion, or new hires) unless such a move will reasonably result in increased profits. That is not the case right now because of inadequate product demand.

Of course you're a typical liberal horses ass as usual

1) number of VC deals: 2006-2010
http://www.wilmerhale.com/uploadedF..._Content/Files/Publication/2012_VC_Report.pdf

2)demand is always sufficient !!! People are born demanding things like air, food, clothing, shelter, water as a necessity of survival. Giving them credit for breathing is a disgustingly low standard that only an deadly uber stupid liberal could imagine.

Life on the planet changed when Republicans invented or supplied a plow to till or bucket to carry water. Those rare geniuses supplied life on this planet and need to be encouraged in every conceivable way.

Consumer demand we can take for granted like the air we breath. Millions of people can look at a field and demand wheat for millions of years (and they did) but the Republican supply-sider who finally came along to make the field supply wheat literally saved milions and millions of lives from starvation and made millions and millions of more lives possible.

Similiarly, every human being had a limitless demand for computer power, but it was not until Gates and Jobs came along with the supply that the demand could be met!!!

Now even a liberal can understand what Republican supply-side economics is.

No problem, Ed. My point remains, neither VC companies nor other investors will invest in start-ups (or plant expansion, or new hires) unless such a move will reasonably result in increased profits. That is not the case right now because of inadequate product demand.

Of course you're a typical liberal horses ass as usual

1) number of VC deals: 2006-2010
http://www.wilmerhale.com/uploadedF..._Content/Files/Publication/2012_VC_Report.pdf

2)demand is always sufficient !!! People are born demanding things like air, food, clothing, shelter, water as a necessity of survival. Giving them credit for breathing is a disgustingly low standard that only an deadly uber stupid liberal could imagine.

Life on the planet changed when Republicans invented or supplied a plow to till or bucket to carry water. Those rare geniuses supplied life on this planet and need to be encouraged in every conceivable way.

Consumer demand we can take for granted like the air we breath. Millions of people can look at a field and demand wheat for millions of years (and they did) but the Republican supply-sider who finally came along to make the field supply wheat literally saved milions and millions of lives from starvation and made millions and millions of more lives possible.

Similiarly, every human being had a limitless demand for computer power, but it was not until Gates and Jobs came along with the supply that the demand could be met!!!

Now even a liberal can understand what Republican supply-side economics is.
I knew it, ed. I predicted you would prove that you do not have a clue what demand, in an economic sense, is. And you came through. Good job.

I knew it, ed. I predicted you would prove that you do not have a clue what demand, in an economic sense, is. And you came through. Good job.

I know what liberal demand is in an economic sense, it's print, tax, borrow, spend and regulate to whip up a non-sustainable bubble, like a mal-investment housing bubble, that will burst and cause a recession or depression. The cure will be yet another liberal bubble to stimulate yet more artifical demand and more recession.

Last edited:

Geez, I didn't realize you where so weak...

Did you call your mom first, is that how you found these links?

If you can't handle the forum debate boards, you then turn to a grown up?

There as many if not more quoting how stupid liberals are, but since you took this route, I do not have to say anymore...

There as many if not more quoting how stupid liberals are, but since you took this route, I do not have to say anymore...

The Liberal Mind: The Psychological Causes of Political Madness by Lyle H. Rossiter, Jr. and M.D. (Oct 30, 2006)
(60 customer reviews)

Yup. Problem that the cons have with all of the studies shoing that they are less than brilliant includes that they hate science, and that they can not find counterbalancing studies saying that they are smart. All of the studies end up with very similar findings. But what is REALLY funny is that when you try to help them out by pointing out the obvious, they get all out of sorts. Stumble all over themselves.
What is also amusing is the "epistemic closure" issue.
First, the con's do not understand what it means. Then they blame liberals for the concept. Then they find out that it was from CATO and a right wing source within that organization. So, the whole concept is attacked by the cons. Really amusing.

The Liberal Mind: The Psychological Causes of Political Madness by Lyle H. Rossiter, Jr. and M.D. (Oct 30, 2006)
(60 customer reviews)
No, ed. Your same try as always. You bring up a book by a known right wing nut case. Not a book, dipshit. A study. If necessary, I can explain the difference. But you could try to google it. But thanks again for showing that there are no studies out there showing that cons are smarter than liberals. You always seem to be able to help.

Let me translate your drivel for those trying to understand it. Someone (in this case, me) tried to help GWV, and it has him all out of source. And since GWV can find no studies saying that cons like him are smarter than liberals. So it makes him nuts. And he starts with the juvinile attacks. Poor guy can not help himself. He is a con. Not his fault. Just plain bad luck.

Oh, my God!!! It's Tommy Flanagan...the Board's resident "expert" on economics...the only man known to have taught college level classes as an undergrad due to his expertise in the subject.

Hey, Tommy...your "private secretary" messed up the spelling of juvenile. She's making you look stupid, dude!

And it is always fun to watch the con tools come to the rescue of the poor fellow who tries to prove all of the studies that show cons to be ignorant are wrong. And in all cases, they simply help to make the very point of the studies that they so dislike.

Oh, my God!!! It's Tommy Flanagan...the Board's resident "expert" on economics...the only man known to have taught college level classes as an undergrad due to his expertise in the subject.

Hey, Tommy...your "private secretary" messed up the spelling of juvenile. She's making you look stupid, dude!

Who is Tommy Flanagan?

Forum List

Back