Patrick's advice on chicks - #625 in a series

Patrick2

Jul 12, 2011
Christmas, Valentine's day, her birthday, your anniversary. Don't forget those days. They are a big deal to a chick. (Modify for religion). Single chicks you have a relationship with tend to think of when you met as your "anniversary". If you forget when this was, ask her.

This is one of those things that guys think aren't a big deal, but not chicks. Chicks expect flowers, a gift, or something special on these days. The reason is that in your relationship, they envision themselves as having "given" something to you - to wit, themselves. They expect something back.

Don't be fooled if they appear to agree with you that valentine's day is just about commerce - they want those roses. I got dumped once on valentine's day. She called me at work - I was stunned. This was about 4 pm. Then someone in the office said "do you know what day this is?" I said no, and they told me. I thought: oh I get it, she waited all day, and when nothing came through the chute, she acted.

Too bad - she was quite a chick - owned a Jensen and an apartment building in her 20s, had a high IQ, and was an advanced skier.

Syrenns advice to dicks

When you men show up with flowers..... it means you are feeling guilty as hell about something.

And just an FYI.

You should treat the other person in your life as if its their birthday, valentines, anniversary..and every other special occasion...every day of the year. Doing something "nice" because there is social pressure to do so... is not doing something spacial at all.

Last edited:
This is Patrick from SpongeBob SquarePants right? Not bad advice if you consider he's a starfish syrenn.

A starfish that sounds about 15 trying to figure out the mysteries of life.

Chicks are mostly mysteries all a guy's life. They are like a box with a few holes in it, with lots of stuff inside. You look through the holes, and every once in while get a small insight, but that's pretty much it. Most try to skip the insight, and give them a hug, a pat on the butt, and flowers now and again - works OK - usually. :eusa_angel:

Christmas, Valentine's day, her birthday, your anniversary. Don't forget those days. They are a big deal to a chick. (Modify for religion). Single chicks you have a relationship with tend to think of when you met as your "anniversary". If you forget when this was, ask her.

This is one of those things that guys think aren't a big deal, but not chicks. Chicks expect flowers, a gift, or something special on these days. The reason is that in your relationship, they envision themselves as having "given" something to you - to wit, themselves. They expect something back.

Don't be fooled if they appear to agree with you that valentine's day is just about commerce - they want those roses. I got dumped once on valentine's day. She called me at work - I was stunned. This was about 4 pm. Then someone in the office said "do you know what day this is?" I said no, and they told me. I thought: oh I get it, she waited all day, and when nothing came through the chute, she acted.

Too bad - she was quite a chick - owned a Jensen and an apartment building in her 20s, had a high IQ, and was an advanced skier.

Patrick, cute post and here is the other side of some females.
Some hate getting flowers for any reason. Flowers are DOA. A small to mid-size indoor blooming plant is much nicer.
My better half is much better at remembering our wedding anniversaries, valentines day, etc, than I am.

Some hate getting flowers for any reason. Flowers are DOA. A small to mid-size indoor blooming plant is much nicer.
My better half is much better at remembering our wedding anniversaries, valentines day, etc, than I am.

I think married women must become more practical about it when the $50 is depleting family assets, not just a single guy's wallet. When I was 19 and in college, I had a part time job delivering flowers. Obviously, the deliveries were mostly to women, paid for by some guy. I don't know why I didn't learn the obvious lesson then - I'll never forget the looks on the women's faces when they saw a guy bought them flowers - their faces just "lighted up". Some of them I got the strong feeling that it was a rare event for them. I also read how some young women who know that on a given valentine's day aren't going to get any, buy them themselves and have them sent to the office so they can pretend to everyone that some guy sent them. I also remember a guy who wanted to marry a girl but she was hesitant. On valentines day, he sent, once an hour, a bouquet of flowers - total for the day eight. It did the trick. :D

I think married women must become more practical about it when the $50 is depleting family assets, not just a single guy's wallet. When I was 19 and in college, I had a part time job delivering flowers. Obviously, the deliveries were mostly to women, paid for by some guy. I don't know why I didn't learn the obvious lesson then - I'll never forget the looks on the women's faces when they saw a guy bought them flowers - their faces just "lighted up". Some of them I got the strong feeling that it was a rare event for them. I also read how some young women who know that on a given valentine's day aren't going to get any, buy them themselves and have them sent to the office so they can pretend to everyone that some guy sent them. I also remember a guy who wanted to marry a girl but she was hesitant. On valentines day, he sent, once an hour, a bouquet of flowers - total for the day eight. It did the trick. :D

I tell ya.... if flowers are what impress women..we got some sad women in world.

I doubt she dumped you for that reason. But hey, what ever makes you feel better

Yep you gotta buy woman one way or the other.

Forum List

Back