Patagonia divided as Wales play Argentina

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

In Trelew, the doors of Asociación San David will be thrown open to hundreds of people with a cinema screen; welcoming families from around the area to watch the quarter-final between the two sides. Across the country, in Trevelin, they are putting together a big event at Ysgol y Cwm, one of three Welsh-Spanish bilingual schools in the region, to watch the game. The students have built a giant Welsh dragon to add atmosphere and members of the community have prepared Welsh cakes and teisen ddu, the traditional Welsh black cake, which will be washed down with tea rather than beer.
I expect there will be a great atmosphere tomorrow.
I love this young mans comments.
Tomos Luque from Esquel, who plays rugby for the local team, says: “I play rugby in Patagonia and I am Argentinian, but my mother’s family migrated from Wales to Patagonia in the 1870s and we are still very proud of our Welsh heritage.

“But when it comes to Saturday, we think the Pumas of Argentina will savage the Dragon of Wales and we will cheer the Pumas in Welsh. If the Welsh were playing the English, of course, it would be different!”

I think we are playing too well to lose this one.

Where your family history is Turdy Tainted . Excellent Nazi breeding ground as you well know .

Where so many Nazis fled to , including dear Uncle Adolf who lived there until 1962 before passing on peacefully -- a great lover of German Shepherds and young children .
So much in common with President Piss Pants and doubtless yourself .

Forum List

Back