Pat Robertson

Powerman said:
On the IQ charts the guy is a genius but he is infamous for making incredibly stupid comments like this. I don't see how anyone who actually preaches the word of God could claim to know what God thinks. It would seem that that would be some sort of blasphemy.

Its not really that tough. God tells His disciples what His will is.

With that said Robertson is a tele-evangelist and a practicer of priestcraft. The guy has no authority to speak for God and honestly I think he is getting senile at his old age.

gop_jeff said:
I understand what you're saying, about Pat Robertson knowing that God was specifically punsihing Sharon for his actions in Gaza.

But, one who preaches the Word of God has the Word of God - i.e. the Bible - so He can be sure of some of God's thoughts, because they are written down for him. But I'm pretty sure that there's no verse about striking down Ariel Sharon because of his Gaza Strip policy.

Yeah I would agree with that. I don't see how anyone who knows the word of God can be an authority on whether or not there was divine influence in any present day matter. That should be obvious. I don't even see the point of speculating about it personally.

dmp said:
I gave you the resouce - use it.

Here's what Pat said:

That is NOT 'The Stroke is a Punishment From God"

;)

Still wreckless comments from Pat - the guy, in my opinion is someone who seriously needs to shut his yapper...

This is also the same guy who's into that whole "I see a viewer right now, who's missing an arm - God is growing that Arm right now in Jesus Name" crap...

The fact that anyone would give creedence to anything Pat says is beyond me...

I have no reason to doubt his Faith in God, or his sincerety - however, I believe he's sincerely confused...

-Cp said:
Still wreckless comments from Pat - the guy, in my opinion is someone who seriously needs to shut his yapper...

This is also the same guy who's into that whole "I see a viewer right now, who's missing an arm - God is growing that Arm right now in Jesus Name" crap...

The fact that anyone would give creedence to anything Pat says is beyond me...

I have no reason to doubt his Faith in God, or his sincerety - however, I believe he's sincerely confused...

You have proof to support that "arm" accusation?

In my opinion Pat Robertson tends to forget the more spiritual meaning of the verses that he quotes and took it only literally. The warnings in prophecy are often more than literal....

The Bible speaks often of the Church being the home of God, but when it speaks of that it isn't the building, the same can be said of the 'land' in those verses. By dividing the spiritual from the literal and ignoring one part of it Pat Robertson is guilty of doing what he accused Sharon of, dividing God's land....

It is my humble, and maybe uninformed, opinion that Pat should attend to the Spiritual instead of living only in the physical part of being...

Mariner said:
got himself in some hot water with his comments that Ariel Sharon's stroke was divine retribution for withdrawing from Gaza. "God considers this land to be his," he said. Israel had been planning to give him 35 acres for a pilgramage/tourism center, but cancelled them due to his comments.

How does someone know what God thinks?

I'm curious what people here think of his comments--and his brand of Christianity.

Mariner.

I think it's in Ephes(*cough*)ippilippians 27:13 where God says:

"And lo, I will give unto you an idiot. He will know My will yet his mind will be like an arid desert, and foolish thoughts will blow forth like a hot dry wind."

I'm paraphrasing, of course.

Pat Robertson is a royal douchebag and has no place in politics. He should stick to preaching and let American Democracy stand free from theocracy.

liberalogic said:
Pat Robertson is a royal douchebag and has no place in politics. He should stick to preaching and let American Democracy stand free from theocracy.

What are you? Some kind of douchebag expert?

liberalogic said:

I bet he's a Catholic, probably molested by a preist.

liberalogic said:

I thought your opinion was that America was founded on individual freedoms?

So, do you think Pat R has the freedom to run for office?

Typical liberal though, your own rules dont apply to yourself.

LuvRPgrl said:
Probably MOLESTED a priest :)

he probably watched bare butt or bareback or whatever the hell the name of that movie was..."gimmee a little won't ya hun"? just stoled a little from a song...don't hate me I was wooed by Kathys Bear whatever drink...lol Just kidding folks don't have a ................ :cow:

Of course he has the freedom to run for office-- that doesn't mean I have to like him. And yes our country is based on freedom-- especially religious freedom. Pat Robertson advocates Christian teachings that strip many Americans of their freedom-- he has the right to believe them, but not place them in a political forum where church and state are intended to be separate.

almost everyone here considers Robertson's comments to be inappropriate.

Dmp, I don't think Robertson got all his information from the Bible, since some of the entities he mentioned didn't exist when the Bible was written. It's also perfectly clear that he was talking about Ariel Sharon in particular:

Here's the quote (from CNN.com):

"He was dividing God's land, and I would say, 'Woe unto any prime minister of Israel who takes a similar course to appease the [European Union], the United Nations or the United States of America,'" Robertson told viewers of his long-running television show, "The 700 Club."

Mariner.

Mariner said:
almost everyone here considers Robertson's comments to be inappropriate.

Dmp, I don't think Robertson got all his information from the Bible, since some of the entities he mentioned didn't exist when the Bible was written. It's also perfectly clear that he was talking about Ariel Sharon in particular:

Here's the quote (from CNN.com):

"He was dividing God's land, and I would say, 'Woe unto any prime minister of Israel who takes a similar course to appease the [European Union], the United Nations or the United States of America,'" Robertson told viewers of his long-running television show, "The 700 Club."

Mariner.

What's your point? The whole "woe to any" comment was based on a passage of scripture - his interpretation of those passages drive his opinion.

dmp said:
What's your point? The whole "woe to any" comment was based on a passage of scripture - his interpretation of those passages drive his opinion.

I think that the point people are trying to make is that humans shouldn't speak as if they are an authority on matters concerning divine intervention. It is not as if he has any idea of whether or not divine intervention occurred or didn't occur so why even speculate?

dmp said:
When you make the "woe to any" comment directly following talking about Sharon, it's easy to see the insinuation.

The ClayTaurus said:
When you make the "woe to any" comment directly following talking about Sharon, it's easy to see the insinuation.

Yeah it's pretty easy to connect the dots on this one.

Powerman said:
Yeah it's pretty easy to connect the dots on this one.

I think Pat is talking to his audience, 700 club. If you dont like or agree with what he says, dont tune in.

I think its ok to say he is a looney, but for some to claim he shouldnt be saying that, I say, FUCK OFF!

Forum List

Back