Pastor Terry Burning Korans VS Ground Zero Mosque: Hypocricy is rampant

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by PLYMCO_PILGRIM, Sep 9, 2010.

1. PLYMCO_PILGRIM

PLYMCO_PILGRIM Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,863
    My stance on Pastor Terry is nearly identical to my stance on the mosque.

He has the right to burn the koran under the first ammendment. However just because he has the right to do it doesn't mean he should. I think it is a very insensitive action and I dont think he, or anyone else, should be out burning Korans. By doing so he is being very insensitive and disrespectful to the feelings of the majority of americans.

Just like the mosque...the Imam, who just stated violence could ensue if the mosque isn't built, has every right to build the mosque there. However just becaues he has the right to do so doesn't mean he should. I think its a very insensitve action and I dont think he should be building the cordova center in that specific location. By doing so it is very insensitive and disrespectful to the feelings of the majority of americans.

Many of you posting here on the USMB sound very hypocritical in this arena. I think everyone should really examine their personal stances on these two issues and decide why they hold their opinions. It seems many on the left and right are just spouting off with talking points instead of coming to an opinion based on personal values.

Agree, Disagree, and discuss with me if you want.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 6
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
  2. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Likewise. Both are legally within their rights. Morally, both are totally wrong. Having seen some of the posts on both topics, I kinda wonder whether some people actually understand the meaning of the term 'morals'.

3. Nosmo King

Nosmo King Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,327
    They are both Fundamentalists of the First Order.

Now finally America, can you see what results from fundamentalist thinking? Lunacy, idiocy and instigation.

Fundamentalists in religion, in politics, in public morality should never have any attention paid to them. It only encourages this lunatic behavior.

4. Mr.Fitnah

Mr.Fitnah Dreamcrusher

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,673
    Im not sure he has the right to burn the Quran as he was unable to get a permit, Im not certain they can build a mosque since they dont own the land.

5. PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,863
    That is what insipred me to make the thread CG. I saw comments by people who dont support the mosque based on its insensitivity to others supporting this guy in one way or another.

Then I see other posts by those supporing the mosque based soley on the first ammendment right to do it bashing this guy and ignoring that very same ammendement. Not that I disagree with their bashing this guy for his idea to burn korans, I am against him doing it too, but its the fact that they ignore their own position on the first ammendment now that its a situation they dont like.

Consistancy in values is a good thing

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,830
    Link, please.

7. PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,863
    Its like burning the flag Mr. Fitnah. Everyone has the general right under the first ammendment to burn the flag or the koran but people shouldn't do either, both are very insulting and wrong.

You do have a good technical point, I think in that guy's state book burning may actually be illegal and he most likely does need a permit which I hope he doesn't get.

8. PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,863
  9. Bfgrn

Bfgrn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,060

Proof???

10. edthecynic

edthecynic Censored for Cynicism

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,724
    You beat me to it!

PP is our of his/her mind. The way CON$ pervert anything anyone they hate says is why CON$ have no credibility.

There is no comparison between the cultural center and the Koran burning. The cultural center was set up to bring people together and the Koran burning was intended to divide.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2010