Pastor James McGreevey ?

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by red states rule, May 3, 2007.

1. red states rule

red states rule Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    Its't the gall of this creep something to watch? He will get nice puff pieces in the liberal media trying to tug at peoples sympathy

McGreevey to Enter Episcopal Seminary

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

The nation's first openly gay governor has become an Episcopalian and been accepted into a seminary, according to a published report.

Former Gov. James E. McGreevey, who was raised as a Roman Catholic, was officially received into the Episcopal religion on Sunday at St. Bartholomew's Church in New York, said the Rev. Kevin Bean, vicar at the church.

McGreevey has entered the church's "discernment" phase, which usually precedes seminary work, Bean told The Star-Ledger of Newark in a report posted Wednesday on its Web site.

It's unclear whether McGreevey hopes to become a priest. He did not return several messages left Wednesday by The Associated Press.

McGreevey, 49, shocked the nation in August 2004 by proclaiming himself "a gay American" who had an extramarital affair with a male aide, and said he would resign that November. The aide denies having an affair and claims he was sexually harassed by the former governor.

McGreevey has been accepted to study at the General Theological Seminary in New York, the oldest in the Episcopal Church, school spokesman Bruce Parker said Wednesday. Parker did not know whether the former governor wants to become a priest.

For the full article

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2007/05/02/national/a141343D82.DTL

2. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,163
    Moving this to religion. I find the situation amusing considering the issues with the catholic church and sexual misconduct with priests. So now McGreevey is going to become an Espicopal priest? I dont think he could do it. Its not easy to reform sexual deviancy over night. It takes alot of fasting and prayer. And this man is clearly struggling with sexual deviancy problems (And not simply because he is gay, but because of his promiscuis and risky lifestyle).

Good luck to him, but then he needs it.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. red states rule

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    Mc Greevey is like a toothache that won't go away

Where are the glowing coverage for his ex wife and children?

Maybe if she would "come out" we would see them

4. red states rule

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    GMA’s Sawyer to McGreevey Wife: Doesn’t Anyone Feel Sorry for Him?
    Posted by Scott Whitlock on May 3, 2007 - 15:03.
    For two straight days, "Good Morning America" featured interviews with Dina Matos-McGreevey, the ex-wife of former New Jersey Governor Jim McGreevey. For both segments, co-host Diane Sawyer peppered Mrs. McGreevey with questions about homophobia and whether people should feel sorry for her former, now publically gay, spouse.

During Wednesday’s interview, Sawyer mentioned a subject that arose in custody hearings for the couple’s children. Apparently Jim McGreevey, who resigned after his homosexual affairs and hiring of grossly unqualified individuals became public, kept a rather large photograph of a naked man in his apartment where the children could see, much to the horror of his ex-wife. Sawyer prefaced this by discussion by calling the issue one where people "will come down, maybe, on two sides of it." She also wondered if homophobia could be a reason the governor’s wife reacted so negatively:

http://newsbusters.org/node/12501

5. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,098
    I'm sorry! But I just see this as an action that Mcgreevey's publicist suggested he do to recover what is left of his reputation....or something like this.... :(

It is not that I do not believe that God could strike someone down and change their ways as He did to Saul/Paul on the way to Damascas, but the world of deceit that we live in today makes me be skeptical of this man's moves towards righteousness or repenting.

And may God forgive me if this man's desire is to change his permiscuous life and I am judging him....

care

6. maineman

maineman BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    I think it is really profoundly hypocritical for a professed heathen such as RSR to ridicule the religious journey of someone else for political points.

7. Care4all

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,098
    But Maineman, we do it all the time ourselves...

Ted Haggard...
    foley....

This deputy secretary Of Condi's that had to quit because of his relation to the DC prostitution ring....

We bring those issues up because the Republicans in general, proclaimed to be the holier than thou party and proclaimed all Democrats to be heathens, so whenever a republican falters, the Dems always point it out for political purposes....

I have even found myself doing this, even if it is truely wrong.

Care

8. maineman

maineman BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    we do not do the "same thing" for the simple reason that we are not professed heathens.... we might not be living our faith as well as we might by pointing out the hypocrisy of the right instead of merely silently forgiving it, but we are not in the same boat as RSR.

9. Care4all

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,098
    I see what you mean!

10. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616
    Rubbish, the religious left are constantly trying to tell the other side how evil they are because they don't vote for more government handouts and quoting the bible.

Your side has professed to be "better" than the other side as "christians". You do the same thing. You just don't see it because you are steeped in it.