Pasta firm Barilla boycotted over 'classic family' remarks

Chick Fil A didn't cave because there was nothing to cave. The entire controversy is that Chick Fil A said they supported traditional marriage. Unless you have some kind of proof that they no longer support traditional marriage you got nothing. They have never either denied service to someone who is gay, nor have they denied employment to someone who is gay.

I am somewhat grateful to gay outrage because prior to their little tantrum I never had Chick Fil A. Now that I have tried it, due entirely to the little tantrum, I am a regular. This is the same thing with Barilla who has no evidence of discrimination. They merely support "classic" family. What an outrage! How dare they! Don't they know that the classic or traditional family has to be destroyed just to make gays feel better about being perverts?

CFA caved, they ceased donating to anti gay groups and causes.

In one method of donating, meanwhile I'm sure the family keeps on plugging donations away. And the boycott has done NOTHING.

Can you post CFS same store sales figures for the 1st and 2nd quarter of this year?

CFA caved, they ceased donating to anti gay groups and causes.

In one method of donating, meanwhile I'm sure the family keeps on plugging donations away. And the boycott has done NOTHING.

Can you post CFS same store sales figures for the 1st and 2nd quarter of this year?

Can you?

I'm sure if CFA was taking a hit, you progressive butt buddies in the media would be harping over it left and right.

Can you?

I'm sure if CFA was taking a hit, you progressive butt buddies in the media would be harping over it left and right.

You made the comment the boycott has done nothing, prove it.

Or were you just talking out your ass?

Can you?

Is CFA suddenly out of business? Is a loss of sales in a few stores the response the boycotters were looking for?

They boycott has done NOTHING. It proves itself.

Can you?

Is CFA suddenly out of business? Is a loss of sales in a few stores the response the boycotters were looking for?

Again, you have proven nothing except that you talk out your ass.

Ill change my statement to "nothing of consequence" has happened to Chick-fil-a.

Thats the best I'll do for some chickenshit with thier rep turned off.

Ill change my statement to "nothing of consequence" has happened to Chick-fil-a.

Then prove "nothing of consequence"...whatever that may mean.

Have they gone out of buisness? Have they lost massive company value? Does anyone except butthurt (lol) activists care about CFA anymore.

No. No. No.

And again, you are a rep turned off chickenshit.

Have they gone out of buisness? Have they lost massive company value? Does anyone except butthurt (lol) activists care about CFA anymore.

No. No. No.

Prove you're not pulling it out of your ass.

No. No. No.

Okay, so why did they bother with the apology. Everything was wonderful, so why did they even say anything.

Do you remember?

It was because Chicago didn't want them.

So they did what they had to do, made all the proper noises, and after they thought enough time had elapsed, they got defiant.

Chick-fil-A President Dan Cathy: We Have Made No ?Concessions? to Same-Sex Marriage Supporters | TheBlaze.com

On Friday, Chick-fil-A President Dan Cathy said media reports claiming the restaurant chain will no longer give charitable donations to groups that oppose same-sex marriage are untrue.

Cathy issued a statement on former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee’s website, one day after Chick-fil-A released a company statement arguing that their corporate giving has been “mischaracterized” by the media.

“There continues to be erroneous implications in the media that Chick-fil-A changed our practices and priorities in order to obtain permission for a new restaurant in Chicago. That is incorrect. Chick-fil-A made no such concessions, and we remain true to who we are and who we have been,” Cathy wrote in his statement.

The controversy flared up this week when a Chicago politician said the company was no longer giving to conservative groups, like Focus on the Family, that oppose same-sex marriage in exchange for being allowing to open up a restaurant in Chicago.

Attaboy. I'm sure the Bible says nothing about lying to get what you want.

Further;

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/20/us/chick-fil-a-and-chicago-alderman-reach-agreement.html?_r=0

ATLANTA — The question of whether or not to eat at Chick-fil-A got a bit murkier for people who use the company’s chicken sandwiches as a political totem in the culture war over gay rights and marriage.

A Chicago alderman said Wednesday that he would support a new Chick-fil-A restaurant in his ward after the company agreed to re-evaluate which groups its wealthy foundation supports and to strengthen its internal anti-discrimination policies.

But whether that means the company — and by extension its WinShape Foundation — will actually change remains unclear, despite claims by an Illinois gay rights group that was part of the negotiations that the company has agreed to stop giving money to antigay groups.

Same time frame as the Blaze article.

No. No. No.

Okay, so why did they bother with the apology. Everything was wonderful, so why did they even say anything.

Do you remember?

It was because Chicago didn't want them.

So they did what they had to do, made all the proper noises, and after they thought enough time had elapsed, they got defiant.

Chick-fil-A President Dan Cathy: We Have Made No ?Concessions? to Same-Sex Marriage Supporters | TheBlaze.com

On Friday, Chick-fil-A President Dan Cathy said media reports claiming the restaurant chain will no longer give charitable donations to groups that oppose same-sex marriage are untrue.

Cathy issued a statement on former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee’s website, one day after Chick-fil-A released a company statement arguing that their corporate giving has been “mischaracterized” by the media.

“There continues to be erroneous implications in the media that Chick-fil-A changed our practices and priorities in order to obtain permission for a new restaurant in Chicago. That is incorrect. Chick-fil-A made no such concessions, and we remain true to who we are and who we have been,” Cathy wrote in his statement.

The controversy flared up this week when a Chicago politician said the company was no longer giving to conservative groups, like Focus on the Family, that oppose same-sex marriage in exchange for being allowing to open up a restaurant in Chicago.

Attaboy. I'm sure the Bible says nothing about lying to get what you want.

Meanwhile just ignore that a government elected official basically held a company and thus the people running it hostage over things protected by the 1st amendment.

Also, where is the Chick-fil-A press release saying originally that it was changing its policy?

Further;

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/20/us/chick-fil-a-and-chicago-alderman-reach-agreement.html?_r=0

ATLANTA — The question of whether or not to eat at Chick-fil-A got a bit murkier for people who use the company’s chicken sandwiches as a political totem in the culture war over gay rights and marriage.

A Chicago alderman said Wednesday that he would support a new Chick-fil-A restaurant in his ward after the company agreed to re-evaluate which groups its wealthy foundation supports and to strengthen its internal anti-discrimination policies.

But whether that means the company — and by extension its WinShape Foundation — will actually change remains unclear, despite claims by an Illinois gay rights group that was part of the negotiations that the company has agreed to stop giving money to antigay groups.

So a gay rights group says Chick-Fil-A changed its policy, but no real word on it from Chick-Fil-A, except later it says it actually did no such thing.

Where is the lying here?

Hasn't Chick Fil A closed yet?

Most people really don't care about gay outrage. They might buy more Barilla rather than less simply because they are sick and tired of being led around by "outrage of the day".

Chick-fil-a caved. And I liked Barilla. But not buying it anymore. Just like we still don't buy Chick-fil-a or Exxon gas.

Chick Fil A didn't cave because there was nothing to cave. The entire controversy is that Chick Fil A said they supported traditional marriage. Unless you have some kind of proof that they no longer support traditional marriage you got nothing. They have never either denied service to someone who is gay, nor have they denied employment to someone who is gay.

I am somewhat grateful to gay outrage because prior to their little tantrum I never had Chick Fil A. Now that I have tried it, due entirely to the little tantrum, I am a regular. This is the same thing with Barilla who has no evidence of discrimination. They merely support "classic" family. What an outrage! How dare they! Don't they know that the classic or traditional family has to be destroyed just to make gays feel better about being perverts?

You like how she just walks the fuck away in the face of her being Wrong?... :rofl:

Chick-fil-A keeps growing despite uproar | www.ajc.com

And it's continued this year...

Hell, (1) just opened at 78th and Wadsworth and 52nd and Wadsworth here in D-Town, and those are just in my general direction.

They are an example of a Company doing better because they Spoke the Truth... No matter how hard the Liberal Media tried to Damage them with it.

The only difference now is the occasional Fat Hispanic Older Dyke and their Questionably Young Daddy Issue Girlfriends they bring in and Fondle in front of everyone...

True Story.

:)

peace...

Further;

So a gay rights group says Chick-Fil-A changed its policy, but no real word on it from Chick-Fil-A, except later it says it actually did no such thing.

Where is the lying here?

Chick-Fil-A Re-Evaluates Funding for Anti-Gay Marriage Groups - ABC News

A Chicago lawmaker says that Chick-fil-A is re-evaluating the multimillion-dollar donations the company gives to anti-gay marriage activists and other groups with “political agendas,” a month after company CEO Dan Cathy’s pro-traditional marriage comments created a firestorm in the fast-food world between LGBT supporters and gay-marriage opponents.

After weeks of negotiations with city Alderman Joe Moreno, the fast-food restaurant agreed to take “a much closer look” at which groups receive donations from the WinShape Foundation, a non-profit created by the Cathy family and funded almost entirely by Atlanta-based Chick-fil-A, the company told Moreno.

Further;

When ABC News requested clarification from Chick-fil-A on the policies that Moreno says are new, the company resent a statement from July, when the controversy about its traditional marriage support first erupted.

“The Chick-fil-A culture and service tradition in our restaurants is to treat every person with honor, dignity and respect -regardless of their belief, race, creed, sexual orientation or gender,” Chick-fil-A spokeswoman Tracey Micit said in the statement. “Going forward, our intent is to leave the policy debate over same-sex marriage to the government and political arena.”

Along with re-evaluating funding to anti-gay marriage activist groups, Moreno said, Chick-fil-A has agreed to amend its corporate policy to include sexual orientation in its anti-discrimination policy.

“The company today has put into writing, for the first time, that its employees are to ‘treat every person with honor, dignity and respect — regardless of their beliefs, race, creed, sexual orientation and gender. .. our intent is not to engage in political or social debates,” Moreno said in a statement.

You were saying.

Where is the lying here?

A Chicago lawmaker says that Chick-fil-A is re-evaluating the multimillion-dollar donations the company gives to anti-gay marriage activists and other groups with “political agendas,” a month after company CEO Dan Cathy’s pro-traditional marriage comments created a firestorm in the fast-food world between LGBT supporters and gay-marriage opponents.

After weeks of negotiations with city Alderman Joe Moreno, the fast-food restaurant agreed to take “a much closer look” at which groups receive donations from the WinShape Foundation, a non-profit created by the Cathy family and funded almost entirely by Atlanta-based Chick-fil-A, the company told Moreno.

Further;

When ABC News requested clarification from Chick-fil-A on the policies that Moreno says are new, the company resent a statement from July, when the controversy about its traditional marriage support first erupted.

“The Chick-fil-A culture and service tradition in our restaurants is to treat every person with honor, dignity and respect -regardless of their belief, race, creed, sexual orientation or gender,” Chick-fil-A spokeswoman Tracey Micit said in the statement. “Going forward, our intent is to leave the policy debate over same-sex marriage to the government and political arena.”

Along with re-evaluating funding to anti-gay marriage activist groups, Moreno said, Chick-fil-A has agreed to amend its corporate policy to include sexual orientation in its anti-discrimination policy.

“The company today has put into writing, for the first time, that its employees are to ‘treat every person with honor, dignity and respect — regardless of their beliefs, race, creed, sexual orientation and gender. .. our intent is not to engage in political or social debates,” Moreno said in a statement.

You were saying.

This was never about them discrimintating in stores, which they NEVER did. Nor is it about them discriminating in thier hiring practices, which they NEVER did.

Also from what you posted all they said (again from outside sources) is that they would look into "reevaluating" thier positions, nothing about an actual change.

Finally, even if they dont donate with "corporate" money, Chick-fil-A is privately owned, whats to stop the owner from taking his profits and spending the money under his own name?

Nothing has changed here, and you still didnt show that Chick-fil-A said they would actually DO something different then changed thier mind.

Also, I though changing you mind was a GOOD thing, like when Obama changed his mind on Gay marriage.

Where is the lying here?

Further;

You were saying.

This was never about them discrimintating in stores, which they NEVER did. Nor is it about them discriminating in thier hiring practices, which they NEVER did.

Also from what you posted all they said (again from outside sources) is that they would look into "reevaluating" thier positions, nothing about an actual change.

Finally, even if they dont donate with "corporate" money, Chick-fil-A is privately owned, whats to stop the owner from taking his profits and spending the money under his own name?

Nothing has changed here, and you still didnt show that Chick-fil-A said they would actually DO something different then changed thier mind.

Also, I though changing you mind was a GOOD thing, like when Obama changed his mind on Gay marriage.

I never said they discriminated to begin with. So now you're saying what I just posted doesn't back what I originally said? I'm sorry, use small words and tell the old lady what the difference is. They said they were re-evaluating, they said they were making changes, and then once Chicago was good to go said "I never said that, we never did that."

I really am not sure what your point is anymore.

I never said they discriminated to begin with. So now you're saying what I just posted doesn't back what I originally said? I'm sorry, use small words and tell the old lady what the difference is. They said they were re-evaluating, they said they were making changes, and then once Chicago was good to go said "I never said that, we never did that."

They said they would "look into" making changes, in all your posts there is no reference to them actually SAYING they would make changes. Any that do are usually people on the opposite side saying they heard that someone would do something or other.

If you find me an actual Chik-fil-A press release saying they will no longer donate to those groups, you then have a partial point, show me that any of the execs or the owners ALSO no longer donate to those groups then you made your whole point.

They said they would "look into" making changes, in all your posts there is no reference to them actually SAYING they would make changes. Any that do are usually people on the opposite side saying they heard that someone would do something or other.

If you find me an actual Chik-fil-A press release saying they will no longer donate to those groups, you then have a partial point, show me that any of the execs or the owners ALSO no longer donate to those groups then you made your whole point.

Okay, well. I think we're on two different pages of this conversation then. I believe they said or did whatever they had to say or do to get what they wanted, and you believe who gives a shit. Corporations are slippery as fuck, and that is apparently something you are comfortable with. Semantics. Word games. Well - I'm not.

Forum List

Back