Parent One and Parent Two?

some poor kid....ya want to do 1 or 2?

ya want parent 1 or 2...i see confusion, bed wetting and all that that implies

Well...for those paranoid enough to really care, "father" has always preceded "mother" on any similiar application. Why was precedence historically given to the father in the first place?

Sigh...so much petty shit to worry about, so little time.

Because F comes first in the alphabet? My birth certificate lists my mother first, as does every other document I ever remember filling out, including my drivers license and social security. Are you from the same universe as rdean?

thing1+%26thing2.jpg

This is horrible! How ever will we carry on now?

The State Department has much bigger fish to fry, than to keep pandering to fags & dykes..... THATS RIGHT i SAID IT!

More "PC BULLSHIT" :evil:

I know some will say "lighten up man", but damn it we are killing ourselves with this idiocy and Im sick of it!

Why does it even matter to you? and exactly how are we killing ourselves with this? It also has nothing to do with being PC, and everything to do with realizing that modern families are not always made up of a mother and father, and parent 1 and parent 2 can also mean grandma and grandpa. ;) How about aunt and uncle? I know a few people who's aunt and uncle were their legal parents for many different reasons.

Why would anyone be surprised that YOU said it? :lol:

And how is this language change, based on 21st Century demographics, "killing" you? (Ironically, those who scream the loudest are usually trying the hardest to suppress their own gayness.)

Pay attention.... WE DONT HAVE THE TIME AND MONEY TO BE MESSING WITH THIS KIND OF STUPITY.

I am sure it cost alot of money to change the wording on NEW applications. Some dude probably just changed the wording at the print shop. Just sayin.

This is horrible! How ever will we carry on now?

The State Department has much bigger fish to fry, than to keep pandering to fags & dykes..... THATS RIGHT i SAID IT!

I know some will say "lighten up man", but damn it we are killing ourselves with this idiocy and Im sick of it!

Why does it even matter to you? and exactly how are we killing ourselves with this? It also has nothing to do with being PC, and everything to do with realizing that modern families are not always made up of a mother and father, and parent 1 and parent 2 can also mean grandma and grandpa. ;) How about aunt and uncle? I know a few people who's aunt and uncle were their legal parents for many different reasons.

I'll start by saying this.... I think you know what I mean.
We are'nt killing ourselves with this one thing, and you know it.

I'm talking about the big picture.... this is such a silly thing for the State Dept to be messing with. They've got bigger fish to fry.
Besides, what was wrong with the way it was?

And how is this language change, based on 21st Century demographics, "killing" you? (Ironically, those who scream the loudest are usually trying the hardest to suppress their own gayness.)

Pay attention.... WE DONT HAVE THE TIME AND MONEY TO BE MESSING WITH THIS KIND OF STUPITY.

I am sure it cost alot of money to change the wording on NEW applications. Some dude probably just changed the wording at the print shop. Just sayin.

Again, in the whole scheme of things.... sure it sounds petty, but if you look at the bigger picture it all adds up to more PC bullshit.

Mehh... who cares right? Its only our tax dollars at work.

Now I've got a bible to go read, and a gun to go clean.... hyuck hyuck

I'm talking about the big picture.... this is such a silly thing for the State Dept to be messing with. They've got bigger fish to fry.

Again, in the whole scheme of things.... sure it sounds petty, but if you look at the bigger picture it all adds up to more PC bullshit.

You guys always pull the PC card. Just sayin
It is about as bad as the race card.

I personally would like the mother and sperm donor option. My kids dad is more a sperm donor than a father. :D

The wording gets changes on the template of a form....and WE'RE the problem? Seems to me that some people take those right wing talking points and just start dancing to the faux outrage beat without thinking......

"Parent One and Parent Two?"

I am in favor of this. It stays true to the times, as many women don't even know who father is, and increasingly, the parents are not mother and father, but mother and mother or father and father, or other.

Well...for those paranoid enough to really care, "father" has always preceded "mother" on any similiar application. Why was precedence historically given to the father in the first place?

Because F comes first in the alphabet? My birth certificate lists my mother first, as does every other document I ever remember filling out, including my drivers license and social security. Are you from the same universe as rdean?

Yes, I probably am, and I do realize that's probably difficult for you to see from Uranus.

Re-reading your silly post, I'm confused: You have your parents' names ON your Social Security card and driver's license? How old are you, twelve?

The whole passport process was changed over a year ago, incuding the passports themselves. I believe anyone holding one had to get a new one with the better imbedded safeguards. Obviously the application was changed at the same time as the regulations. Big...fucking...deal...

"Parent One and Parent Two?"

I am in favor of this. It stays true to the times, as many women don't even know who father is, and increasingly, the parents are not mother and father, but mother and mother or father and father, or other.

Bingo. It's a no-brainer.

There probably is a some cost involved because there are thousands of old applications sitting in warehouses all over the country. The government always has extra forms sitting around, and never buys just enough to get by for a year.

Forum List

Back