Parent One and Parent Two?

I personally would like the mother and sperm donor option. My kids dad is more a sperm donor than a father. :D

And there are mothers who do nothing more than lay an egg. That does not change the fact that everyone has both a mother and a father, and they all deserve both a mom and a dad.

Well...for those paranoid enough to really care, "father" has always preceded "mother" on any similiar application. Why was precedence historically given to the father in the first place?

Sigh...so much petty shit to worry about, so little time.

Because F comes first in the alphabet? My birth certificate lists my mother first, as does every other document I ever remember filling out, including my drivers license and social security. Are you from the same universe as rdean?

Re-reading your silly post, I'm confused: You have your parents' names ON your Social Security card and driver's license? How old are you, twelve?

Did you ever apply for a drivers license or a social security card? You have to fill out a form that includes the names of your parents, something that anyone over 15 should know.

Why does it even matter to you? and exactly how are we killing ourselves with this? It also has nothing to do with being PC, and everything to do with realizing that modern families are not always made up of a mother and father, and parent 1 and parent 2 can also mean grandma and grandpa. ;) How about aunt and uncle? I know a few people who's aunt and uncle were their legal parents for many different reasons.

I'll start by saying this.... I think you know what I mean.
We are'nt killing ourselves with this one thing, and you know it.

I'm talking about the big picture.... this is such a silly thing for the State Dept to be messing with. They've got bigger fish to fry.
Besides, what was wrong with the way it was?

I am sure it cost alot of money to change the wording on NEW applications. Some dude probably just changed the wording at the print shop. Just sayin.

Again, in the whole scheme of things.... sure it sounds petty, but if you look at the bigger picture it all adds up to more PC bullshit.

Mehh... who cares right? Its only our tax dollars at work.

Now I've got a bible to go read, and a gun to go clean.... hyuck hyuck

The whole passport process was changed over a year ago, incuding the passports themselves. I believe anyone holding one had to get a new one with the better imbedded safeguards. Obviously the application was changed at the same time as the regulations. Big...fucking...deal...

You believe wrong. No one is required to get a new passport until the one they have expires, and they do not have to get one then if they opt not to.

This is ridiculous. Can the find a single person in the world who wasnt created by one mother and one father?

Forum List

Back