Parallels To 1930’s-Era Appeasement

Noitartst

Rookie
Dec 7, 2010
Barack Obama is basically a neo-appeaser, as Syria proves. These days, a lot of pundits have compared Trump to the "America Firsters" back then, but I just wish they'd dig deeper into the 1930's analogy, and point it back at Obama, as my blog post here, does.

Obama has been criticized for not being much of a leader even by liberals, but those are general charges, really; ironic, too, given he's midwifed a lotta change, from health care, love it or hate it, to shifting social norms.

What's he done that's so bad?

Well, basically hewing to to the political playbook of the thirties, if from a different role. Trump plays well as a predator from that era, but if so, Obama fits the niche of prey, and it is a bit less interesting. In any case, I think I've made some good parallels. Read it, tell me what yas think.

I've though about this, a lot.

Bin Laden dead and enemy operatives are so familiar with the sound of our drones just before their comrades are vaporized they confuse that sound with the wind now.

One of the bizarro memes that run through phoney conservative self-talk. Obama has actually had our military go after the enemy. Bush said he wasn't worried about Bin Laden and Reagan invaded a tiny island a couple days after he allowed 242 marines to be slaughtered in Beirut. Reagan is the original and champion of Wag The Dog.

Barack Obama is basically a neo-appeaser, as Syria proves. These days, a lot of pundits have compared Trump to the "America Firsters" back then, but I just wish they'd dig deeper into the 1930's analogy, and point it back at Obama, as my blog post here, does.

Obama has been criticized for not being much of a leader even by liberals, but those are general charges, really; ironic, too, given he's midwifed a lotta change, from health care, love it or hate it, to shifting social norms.

Well, basically hewing to to the political playbook of the thirties, if from a different role. Trump plays well as a predator from that era, but if so, Obama fits the niche of prey, and it is a bit less interesting. In any case, I think I've made some good parallels. Read it, tell me what yas think.

Obviously not, as the thread premise fails as a false comparison fallacy.

Obama gave the green light for Seal team 6 to nail Osama. The only good deed during his presidency.

Obviously not, as the thread premise fails as a false comparison fallacy.
How so, friend?

Forum List

Back