papers, please - once again republicans are working against freedom

Probably up his ass, where all his ideas originate.

You're seriously defending this?

Aren't you supposed to be a Libertarian?

I am, and I have no problem with it. if we have a National government that is supposed to be responsible for the sovereignty of our borders, then they should at LEAST do THAT instead of spending it's time taking over private sector industries.

So... you do of course realize that in making this statement you are proving several derogatory stereotypes concerning modern Libertarians, right?

Specifically the ones that state that modern Libertarians only stand up for "personal freedom" when religion, guns or corporations are concerned, but could care less about any other situation.

So...85% or the time your ID is in your wallet in your right rear pocket. If you were stopped, you would properly identify yourself and the police would verify your identity in a couple of minutes. You are on your way. Why are you giving illegal folks a break?

Because 15% of the time I don't have my wallet.

And if I happened to be of Hispanic decent in the area in question, I would be detained and arrested.

So...for your personal convenience, this law should be repealed, in a state you don't even live in. Further, it could save someone's life from a dangerous illegal immigrant, by catching them and deporting them. Seems a little selfish too me.

I just can't seem to picture too many young men hiking in the "woods of AZ" with their kid and no without I.D Did they walk to this outing? Do they have many police patrolling these woods looking for law abiding Americans on hiking trips? Lost me there...

So...85% or the time your ID is in your wallet in your right rear pocket. If you were stopped, you would properly identify yourself and the police would verify your identity in a couple of minutes. You are on your way. Why are you giving illegal folks a break?

Because 15% of the time I don't have my wallet.

And if I happened to be of Hispanic decent in the area in question, I would be detained and arrested.

Detained? Probably until you can be indentified. Arrested? Depends on if you have outstanding warrants out. You will not be arrested for not having proper ID, unless you're driving an automobile then, well, then you should be arrested because you're violating the law.

Detained? Probably until you can be indentified. Arrested? Depends on if you have outstanding warrants out. You will not be arrested for not having proper ID, unless you're driving an automobile then, well, then you should be arrested because you're violating the law.

Yes you will, the law we are talking about made it a crime to not be carrying identification.

Whatever.:rolleyes:

The idiot you put in office is the biggest fascist in this nation; yet, you want o cry about civil liberties?:cuckoo:

What specific personal civil liberties of yours have been abridged by the Obama administration, besides the "right" to scam everyone by going without medical insurance?

Scam everyone? The right to decide how I will pay for my healthcare.

Yes you will, the law we are talking about made it a crime to not be carrying identification.

Not exactly.

11. Specifies that, in addition to any violation of federal law, a person is guilty of trespassing if the person is:

a) present on any public or private land in the state and

b) is not carrying his or her alien registration card or has willfully failed to register.

SB1070 - 492R - Senate Fact Sheet

Source?

Nope. We all have to have ID. We have to have Social Security cards to work and driver's licenses to drive, and photo ID's to buy alcohol, and/or tobacco or have a bank account or get a job.

Your argument doesn't wash.

Ah, but the problem here Gunny, is this makes it a crime to not have your ID on your person. They can literally throw you in jail if you don't have your "papers".

That is most certainly a "police state" action, quite reminiscent of Stalin's USSR or Nazi Germany.

No it doesn't. It says you may be detained until identity is established. The crime is illegal immigration; which, is a crime and has been.

Nothing police state about that. Carry your ID. I've been carrying one for 40 years. This is a case of the left feigning and sensationalizing a lot about nothing.

GUNNY, Your facing off again with opponents those who's 'ammo belts' are empty? :D

FOXNews.com - Arizona Immigration Enforcement Bill Stirs National Debate

An Arizona bill that would impose some of the toughest immigration laws in the country is generating a storm of controversy nationwide as it tracks toward the governor's desk.

The Arizona Senate voted Monday to approve the final version of the bill, which was voted up on a party-line vote by the state House last Tuesday. If it's signed by Gov. Jan Brewer, it would give police in the state broad new powers to arrest and charge people suspected of being in the country illegally.

so glad the small government conservatives of the republican party are working to preserve people's freedom

I fail to see how this is a problem. Police charging/arresting people who are in the country illegally. Illegally. Hmmmm, that would mean they were breaking the law, yes? Why shouldn't they be card checked and arrested if they're breaking the law?

I don't have a problem with racial profiling as long as it keep illegal wetbacks out of the country. So a police asking you for ID is harrassment?

And what happens if you don't have your ID on you?

You're subject to be detained.
Suppose one was blond and blue eyed. Would they still get asked by the cops to show ID? There are illegal immigrants from Scandinavia too.

Or is this little bit of totalitarianism used exclusively for Latinos?

Anything to erode liberty! That's the Conservative way!

• Thanks
Reactions: blu

Suppose one was blond and blue eyed. Would they still get asked by the cops to show ID? There are illegal immigrants from Scandinavia too.

Suppose a frog had wings, would it bump it's ass on the ground when it hopped?

I'm pretty sure in this case it would be exclusive to those that looked as if they may be here illegally. I personally can tell in under a minute if a person is here legally or not and I wouldn't need to ask for an ID.

How is enforcing the law eroding liberty? My liberty isn't affected at all. The liberty of those that are here illegally would certainly be affected.

Not exactly.

11. Specifies that, in addition to any violation of federal law, a person is guilty of trespassing if the person is:

b) is not carrying his or her alien registration card or has willfully failed to register.

Which means that any person who resembles an illegal alien, in other words most of the sizable Hispanic population of the state and anyone else that has darker skin and an accent, will be arrested if they don't have ID on them.

Not exactly.

Which means that any person who resembles an illegal alien, in other words most of the sizable Hispanic population of the state and anyone else that has darker skin and an accent, will be arrested if they don't have ID on them.

Yes if you're an illegal alien and you do not have valid ID your ass will be arrested and deported. If you are a citizen of the United States of America and you do not have proper ID, you will detained until your legal status can be determined. Which would take me about two minutes to determine.

Answer me this, what state do you currently reside in and have you ever lived in a southern border state?

Yes if you're an illegal alien and you do not have valid ID your ass will be arrested and deported. If you are a citizen of the United States of America and you do not have proper ID, you will detained until your legal status can be determined. Which would take me about two minutes to determine.

Answer me this, what state do you currently reside in and have you ever lived in a southern border state?

I'm sorry, but how is "detained" different from "arrested", besides the legal mumbo-jumbo?

I live just outside the New York City limits, and though I have not lived in a southern border state, there are a hell of a lot of illegals here, so I know just what you're going through.

There's about 100 of them that line up in the morning outside the local grocery store to find day labor.

The government and or the democrats should put up or shut the fuck up. Arizona has huge problems, if they can't be helped by the government then neither should they be hindered.. and quit posing this problem as a "rights" problem. as I have stated Americans have a right to have a country, to be safe from attacks from both foreign and domestic, to be free from being murdered by illegals, to be free from having their ID stolen, to be free from having their labor stolen..; you damn democrats got any ideas on how to help Arizona? If you don't then sit down and stfu.

I'm sorry, but how is "detained" different from "arrested", besides the legal mumbo-jumbo?

I live just outside the New York City limits, and though I have not lived in a southern border state, there are a hell of a lot of illegals here, so I know just what you're going through.

There's about 100 of them that line up in the morning outside the local grocery store to find day labor.

if you won't help Arizona then get the hell out of their way.

Ah, but the problem here Gunny, is this makes it a crime to not have your ID on your person. They can literally throw you in jail if you don't have your "papers".

That is most certainly a "police state" action, quite reminiscent of Stalin's USSR or Nazi Germany.

No it doesn't. It says you may be detained until identity is established. The crime is illegal immigration; which, is a crime and has been.

Nothing police state about that. Carry your ID. I've been carrying one for 40 years. This is a case of the left feigning and sensationalizing a lot about nothing.

GUNNY, Your facing off again with opponents those who's 'ammo belts' are empty? :D

Happens to me a lot around here. :lol:

*yawn*

Yet another one trying to twist this into a racial thing. Dude, I don't care if you're a one-eyed, one-horned flying purple people eater. If you're on US soil illegally, you are a criminal who ... wait for it :cuckoo: ... is on US ILLEGALLY.

Forum List

Back