Paperback or Kindle?

Do you prefer old-fashioned books or are you a Kindle person?

I used to be hardback/paperback...

But over the years it's just so damned convenient. I don't use a Kindle device, but do use the Kindle app. No my current reading material is with me where ever I go.

>>>>

Hard cover, first edition is the best in my opinion. Signed? Even better.

Last edited:
Like WorldWatcher, I used to be all paper books. I never was a fan of hardcover though, I always much preferred paperback. Eventually storage became an issue, and I got a Kindle. I'm glad I did. It is much more comfortable to read a Kindle, or similar device, than a book in most ways. Turning pages is easier, ereaders do not have to be held open (which makes them easier to read 1-handed), and so much space can be freed up where the books used to go.

Ereader screens are very similar to book pages, too. I haven't tried a back-lit reader, so I don't know how well those work. I do think that using a clip on book-reading light, as I do, is more convenient with an ereader than a paper book, though.

Bit with a book, there's something about making the half way mark, or counting the pages till the end of the chapter; to see if you can stay awake just long enough to make it... Plus, a book never goes dead.

Then there's also pride of ownership that accompanies a vintage, or signed book. How can an author sign an e book?

ebooks in epub. One doesn't need to visit the library or the bookshop while avoiding capture by Amazon.

Bit with a book, there's something about making the half way mark, or counting the pages till the end of the chapter; to see if you can stay awake just long enough to make it... Plus, a book never goes dead.

Keeping an ereader charged isn't hard. It doesn't take too long, and the charge lasts for quite a while with a good one. That is certainly an advantage to paper books, though.

Not showing page numbers is my biggest gripe with the early Kindle versions. It shows percentage of the book read, instead. That's actually nice to see, but I'd like to have the page numbers prominent, as well. The Kobo I had showed page numbers.

Like WorldWatcher, I used to be all paper books. I never was a fan of hardcover though, I always much preferred paperback. Eventually storage became an issue, and I got a Kindle. I'm glad I did. It is much more comfortable to read a Kindle, or similar device, than a book in most ways. Turning pages is easier, ereaders do not have to be held open (which makes them easier to read 1-handed), and so much space can be freed up where the books used to go.

Ereader screens are very similar to book pages, too. I haven't tried a back-lit reader, so I don't know how well those work. I do think that using a clip on book-reading light, as I do, is more convenient with an ereader than a paper book, though.

I have a Paperwhite (Backlit) Kindle. It is awesome. I am allergic to the paper and the ink used in regular books. Best thing ever was the invention of Kindles and the like. I read every night.

Keeping an ereader charged isn't hard. It doesn't take too long, and the charge lasts for quite a while with a good one. That is certainly an advantage to paper books, though.

Not showing page numbers is my biggest gripe with the early Kindle versions. It shows percentage of the book read, instead. That's actually nice to see, but I'd like to have the page numbers prominent, as well. The Kobo I had showed page numbers.

Most of the books I read on my Kindle I use how many pages left. If it is set differently, I just go in and set it how I want it. Very few I have found force me to only have reading progress %.

New Topics

Forum List

Back