Panetta admitted they let the men die in Libya

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by tinydancer, Nov 1, 2012.

1. tinydancer

tinydancer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,959
    For all the questions on Libya, we have the answer to one very big one. That question being "why weren't the victims rescued".

The answer comes from the Defense Secretary in a press conference. Now liberals this is not Fox News or Faux News as you like to call that media outlet reporting on rumor.

This is Panetta in his own words and my link is to the Washington Post.

He openly admits it was a choice to let them die in Libya because it was "too risky" to rescue them.

Now my question to Panetta is "when is it not risky to rescue Americans under attack"?

When they are under attack by gerbils? When they are under attack by first graders?

The best trained, the best equipped fighting force on the planet and the Secretary of Defense was too worried that they'd get a boo boo rescuing fellow Americans?

How ridiculous. How appalling. How disgusting. Panetta let those men die. Period. Full stop.

Panetta: Too little information, too much risk to send military into Benghazi during attack

WASHINGTON — The U.S. military did not quickly intervene during the attack on the U.S. Consulate in Libya last month because military leaders did not have adequate intelligence information and felt they should not put American forces at risk, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said Thursday.

Panetta: Too little information, too much risk to send military into Benghazi during attack - The Washington Post

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  2. jwoodie

jwoodie Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,904
    The obvious reason for this despicable fiasco is that the political operatives who now run the Executive Branch of our government were frozen by indecision as to what action would be most politically expedient for the President. Makes you proud of our government, doesn't it?

3. Intense

Intense Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,863
    Personally, I think they weighed the World Wide Political repercussions, and decided to stand down and do nothing. They placed their concerns for how we are viewed outside of the US, over American Lives, sacrificing Americans to the angry horde. Of course, the Right thing to do, was to Intervene and Rescue those in harm's way. A trust was broken and covered up. We do get the Government we deserve.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  4. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    Now the terrorists know exactly how to conduct future operations. obama is certainly a professor and he's schooling the terrorists in how to conduct a proper attack.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Rozman

Rozman Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,687
    We could have tried something,anything.
    Or we could have done everything to save those people.
    We had choices and it seems like our leader just decided
    to ignore it.Did he have an appearance on Jay Leno he was
    prepping for.

6. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,678
    Who makes the ultimate decision on Cross Border Military Operations? The President.

7. TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,012
    The federal Government, on its pursuit to imperial utopia, will kick anyone under the bus, including their own, to get what they want geopolitically. From power, to resources, to control.

It's the same as it ever was. This isn't the first, and it wont be the last time that Americans were sacrificed by "national interests" in any given situation.

it's what very strict constitutionalists try more than anything else to convey about compartmentalizing power in this government.

Don't think for one second any single person would be saved at the expense of federal government interests.

8. freedombecki

freedombecki Let's go swimmin'! Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,933
    We can change that by minding that only living American citizens vote, and not hundreds of thousands of interlopers.

I'm sorry they placed image over life.

9. freedombecki

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,933
    If we had a competent Executive Branch, it would have taken more seriously its duties of providing for the common defense of the American soil our embassy is supposed to be..

10. freedombecki

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,933
    Yep with his cabinet advisers. They are so not doing their job of defending us. It makes me want to vote a straight Republican ticket for 40 years until all of them are gone.