Panera Bans Guns, then They Get a Mass Killing; coincidence?

Did that gun free zone save that officers life?

Nope.

If 100% of the people in Paneras was carrying their concealed weapon that day, would it have saved this cops life from a surprise attack.

Answer that question if you will.

Actually, it might have...since criminals avoid shooting in places where they know they are surrounded by people who migt have guns...

Twit.....in my state carrying a gun into a store that has posted a gun free zone sign is a class b misdemeanor....so no, I won't carry a gun into a store with a gun free zone sign....

So the very possibility that a store owner MIGHt want to have you charged for the lowest punishment crime is enough to keep you from protecting your life and the lives of others who may be in the store when an attack occurs.

Either you cant conceal a weapon very well. or you dont value your life much to conduct business with shops that dont allow guns or you arent quite as scared of being attacked as you let on.

2.5 million DGU per year. And you cant get a one of them. Damn shame.

I actually believe you are a paid NRA poster (25 thousand posts in a year and a half? All of them about guns Wtf). No one could be as ate up with guns as you are unless they are being paid.

Either that or you have no other life.
Hopefully you are an NRA employee.

Twit.....in my state carrying a gun into a store that has posted a gun free zone sign is a class b misdemeanor....so no, I won't carry a gun into a store with a gun free zone sign....

So the very possibility that a store owner MIGHt want to have you charged for the lowest punishment crime is enough to keep you from protecting your life and the lives of others who may be in the store when an attack occurs.

Either you cant conceal a weapon very well. or you dont value your life much to conduct business with shops that dont allow guns or you arent quite as scared of being attacked as you let on.

I actually believe you are a paid NRA poster (25 thousand posts in a year and a half? All of them about guns Wtf). No one could be as ate up with guns as you are unless they are being paid.

I wish I was paid for this.....

I am not going to break the law and risk losing my Right to carry a gun....I am forced by immoral laws to make that decision. I live in a relatively safe place. Carrying a gun is an option, not a necessity...and I carry as I see the need.....

If people die because you have supported gun free zones that disarm me, that is on you,not me....

No one could be as ate up with guns as you are unless they are being paid.

Actually, it isn't about guns...they are the tool....it is about keeping normal, law abiding people safe from criminal attack and saving lives. Defending Civil Rights is why I post...and the Rights detailed in the 2nd Amendment are the most attacked and least defended in the mainstream media....in fact they are specifically targeted by the press, hollywood, the education establishment and the democrat party....

I am posting to protect a Right...guns are simply a tool that allows that Right to be exercised...

Actually, it might have...since criminals avoid shooting in places where they know they are surrounded by people who migt have guns..

See what a liar you are.

this guy wasnt a criminal in the sense he came in to rob the place. He was a whacked out vagrant who had mental problems. He got a gun. He hid the gun till he brought it out and shot the cop.

100% gun carriers in that shop wouldnt have stopped that cop from getting shot and it sure as hell wouldnt have stopped the crazy vagrant from going in the store.

More than likely he was looking for a suicide by cop.

But where did the vagrant get the gun? Steal it from an irresponsible gun owner? Where?

Strange, the homicidal maniac didnt give a shit what Panera's CEO wanted. Imagine that.

Despite Policy Banning All Guns, Shooting at Panera Bread Leaves Two Police Officers Dead

On February 10th, two Harford County sheriff’s deputies were killed in a shootout with 67-year-old David Brian Evans at a Panera Bread location in Abingdon, Maryland.

Prior to the deadly shooting, Panera CEO Shaich had made the announcement that guns weren’t allowed in any of the country’s 1,800 Panera Bread locations:

“Within our company, we strive to create Panera Warmth. This warmth means bakery-cafes where customers and associates feel comfortable and welcome. To this end, we ask that guns not be brought into this environment unless carried by an authorized law enforcement officer.

Panera respects the rights of gun owners, but asks our customers to help preserve the environment we are working to create for our guests and associates.”

You're not making a very good case here. First of all, these were armed cops who got killed anyway. Second, correlation doesn't equal causation. There is no evidence that the killer chose to gun down these cop at Panera because of their anti-gun policy. Third, as a private company Panera has the right to institute what ever gun policy they like. That's how the Constitution works.

I am not going to break the law and risk losing my Right to carry a gun....I am forced by immoral laws to make that decision. I live in a relatively safe place. Carrying a gun is an option, not a necessity...and I carry as I see the need.....

You dont practice what you preach and you dont live in a threatening enviornment but every body should be carrying a gun. WtF.

Actually, it might have...since criminals avoid shooting in places where they know they are surrounded by people who migt have guns..

See what a liar you are.

this guy wasnt a criminal in the sense he came in to rob the place. He was a whacked out vagrant who had mental problems. He got a gun. He hid the gun till he brought it out and shot the cop.

100% gun carriers in that shop wouldnt have stopped that cop from getting shot and it sure as hell wouldnt have stopped the crazy vagrant from going in the store.

More than likely he was looking for a suicide by cop.

But where did the vagrant get the gun? Steal it from an irresponsible gun owner? Where?

He probably got it from another drug user.....

If he was not allowed to own that gun or carry it because he was a criminal he was in fact a criminal. He also broke the law carrying the gun into that store...

Did the gun free zone sign keep him from carrying that gun into the store?

It would have stopped the illegal gun carrier from shooting other people in that store.........but they were unarmed because of that gun free zone sign...that didn't stop the criminal....

You dont practice what you preach and you dont live in a threatening enviornment but every body should be carrying a gun. WtF.

Are you really that much of a twit. I guess so. I practice exactly what I preach. I support the Right to carry a gun for self defense, and unlike you anti gun loons I don't force other people to do it.....I support their right to choose to do it when they decide it is necessary.

We have had armed robberies, rapes and killings in my town...but it is generally a safe place...and I carry when I choose to carry...

I don't believe everyone should carry a gun but I don't believe you should decide who that is.....I think normal, law abiding people can make that decision for themselves....

The Doctor whose wife and daughters were raped and murdered lived in a non threatening environment too....until it wasn't...and they were raped and murdered.....

The family who lived in Vice President joe biden's neighborhood lived in a non threatening environment...until it wasn't, and the husband was beaten to death with a bat, the wife was stabbed to death and the young son was tortured and murdered...as well as their housekeeper....

Their world changed in an instant............and they lived in non threatening neighborhoods....until they weren't non threatening....

Twit.

2AGUY SAID:

"Twit.....in my state carrying a gun into a store that has posted a gun free zone sign is a class b misdemeanor....so no, I won't carry a gun into a store with a gun free zone sign...."

This fails as a red herring fallacy – the issue concerns business owners who 'ban' firearms on their property unconnected with state or local ordinances, where citizens remain at liberty to carry concealed weapons consistent with their state's laws, regardless the wishes of the property owner.

am not going to break the law and risk losing my Right to carry a gun....I am forced by immoral laws to make that decision.

thats funny. I did a google on being charged with a misdemeanor for carrying a gun in a private business who has no guns allowed sign posted, and I didnt find one.

I did find a couple of gunner sites who very explicitly said to fucking ignore those no gun signs because they didnt mean shit.

that since the store owner cant discriminate based on other criteria, they couldnt stop someone from carrying a gun even if the store owner didnt like it.

Warner todd Huston on Whizbang wrote the best one.

am not going to break the law and risk losing my Right to carry a gun....I am forced by immoral laws to make that decision.

thats funny. I did a google on being charged with a misdemeanor for carrying a gun in a private business who has no guns allowed sign posted, and I didnt find one.

I did find a couple of gunner sites who very explicitly said to fucking ignore those no gun signs because they didnt mean shit.

that since the store owner cant discriminate based on other criteria, they couldnt stop someone from carrying a gun even if the store owner didnt like it.

Try looking at illinois law..twit..

This is the kind of twit you are...

You support gun free zones. You create the laws that allow and impose gun free zones.

I am a law abiding citizen who carries a gun.

Because of the laws you want and created, I am not allowed to carry a gun into a gun free zone.

You then go on to say I am wrong to not break the law you created by carrying a gun into a gun free zone, that you wanted and imposed......... I am the hypocrite.....?

You anti gun loons really do have mental issues.....part of your brains did not develop properly.....you cannot process the truth, facts, or reality, and you cannot understand the difference between good and evil and right and wrong....

Last edited:
You know, I have been seeing more and more businesses posting those "no guns allowed" signs. I have a carry license and I always carry concealed. I am going to continue to carry despite these "bans" by businesses. Fuck 'em, I am not going to shuffle my weapon in and out of its holster depending upon which retail establishment I choose to enter.

This is just a statement of what I do. It is not meant to encourage anyone to break the law.

This is the kind of twit you are...

You support gun free zones. You create the laws that allow and impose gun free zones.

I am a law abiding citizen who carries a gun.

Because of the laws you want and created, I am not allowed to carry a gun into a gun free zone.

You then go on to say I am wrong to not carry a gun because by not carrying a gun into a gun free zone, I am the hypocrite.....

You anti gun loons really do have mental issues.....part of your brains did not develop properly.....you cannot process the truth, facts, or reality, and you cannot understand the difference between good and evil and right and wrong....

How odd. I agree you are correct to not carry where it is posted no firearms.

You know, I have been seeing more and more businesses posting those "no guns allowed" signs. I have a carry license and I always carry concealed. I am going to continue to carry despite these "bans" by businesses. Fuck 'em, I am not going to shuffle my weapon in and out of its holster depending upon which retail establishment I choose to enter.

This is just a statement of what I do. It is not meant to encourage anyone to break the law.

You make gun owners sound not very law abiding.

It also does what the gun grabbers want...they want you to have to leave your gun in the car...where it is more likely to be stolen, then used in a crime and then they can bitch about stolen guns, gun crime and call you an irresponsible gun owner....that is what they do and how they think...

Also......by forcing people to disarm all the time and reholster, they create more points for a negligent discharge of the gun....which actually endangers more people...

They don't care about keeping people safe...they just care about banning guns...

It also does what the gun grabbers want...they want you to have to leave your gun in the car...where it is more likely to be stolen, then used in a crime and then they can bitch about stolen guns, gun crime and call you an irresponsible gun owner....that is what they do and how they think...

Also......by forcing people to disarm all the time and reholster, they create more points for a negligent discharge of the gun....which actually endangers more people...

They don't care about keeping people safe...they just care about banning guns...
Totally agree. If your priority is safety then it is insane to support regulations that require you to holster/unholster your weapon during the course of a day. Safety dictates having your firearm safely under your control at all times.

Forum List

Back