Mistake, gun free zone sign on store next to machete attack restaurant

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Sorry....the article clarrifies....the gun free zone was next door......they do not know if the restaruant had a gun free zone sign.......I would delete this but that isn't available..

Of course, the first thing anyone did...was call guys with guns to come and catch the attacker.....

ohio-machete-attack-gun-free-zone.jpg

*UPDATE*
A reader with better eyes than us pointed out that he didn’t think the ‘Gun Free’ sign was on the front of the restaurant. When we took a closer look at the video and matched a few things up, it looks like he’s right. The footage from CNN at the point of the sign showing up seems to have been taken at the T-mobile store right next door to the restaurant.

TL/DR: The ‘Gun Free’ sign seems to be outside of

Sorry....the article clarrifies....the gun free zone was next door......they do not know if the restaruant had a gun free zone sign.......I would delete this but that isn't available...

This article has the "Gun Free Zone" sign prominently displayed........those people were disarmed by law.

Of course, the first thing anyone did...was call guys with guns to come and catch the attacker.....

Click on the link.....and see the "Gun Free Zone" killing field sign....

*UPDATED* Machete Attack In Ohio Restaurant: ‘No Guns’ Sign On Front Door Creates Helpless Victims

*UPDATED* Machete Attack In Ohio Restaurant: ‘No Guns’ Sign On Front Door Creates Helpless Victims

Posted by Brandon on 02/12/2016

*UPDATE*
A reader with better eyes than us pointed out that he didn’t think the ‘Gun Free’ sign was on the front of the restaurant. When we took a closer look at the video and matched a few things up, it looks like he’s right. The footage from CNN at the point of the sign showing up seems to have been taken at the T-mobile store right next door to the restaurant.

I'm glad you posted this; it sort of proves my point in a grissly way. If the guy had an AK-47, it wouldn't have been 4 people injured, all survived. Yes, bad people will kill using whatever they can get their hands on. Using a shovel, their hands or a machete minimizes the damage. I'm not trying to minimize the injuries and terror these poor diners suffered, but you gotta admit, it would have been worse if wacko had an assault rifle.

Sorry....the article clarrifies....the gun free zone was next door......they do not know if the restaruant had a gun free zone sign.......I would delete this but that isn't available...

This article has the "Gun Free Zone" sign prominently displayed........those people were disarmed by law.

*UPDATE*

I'm glad you posted this; it sort of proves my point in a grissly way. If the guy had an AK-47, it wouldn't have been 4 people injured, all survived. Yes, bad people will kill using whatever they can get their hands on. Using a shovel, their hands or a machete minimizes the damage. I'm not trying to minimize the injuries and terror these poor diners suffered, but you gotta admit, it would have been worse if wacko had an assault rifle.

No...it would have been worse because no one in the Restaurant had a gun. When good people don't have guns, they can't stop the bad people with guns.

And the truth, facts and reality bear this out. Mass public shootings are the least of all gun crimes....in 2014 there were only 2, in 2015 there were 4 and half of those were muslim terrorism. In each case...they ocurred in gun free zones, which legally disarmed normal people, and created specific targets for the shooters.

As actual notes and interviews with mass shooters show...they pick out gun free zones as targets.....they avoid places where they might encounter armed resistance.

So if you really want to save lives....get rid of the gun free zone signs.

In the United States, according to bill clinton and barak obama....Americans use guns 1,500,000 million times a year to stop violent criminal attack...

Mass public shootings....kill less than 75 people in even the most active years of mass shooters.

Which number is bigger?

Would you disarm the 1,500,000 people who used their guns to stop violent criminal attack, which stopped rapes, mass public shootings and other murders......in order to stop less than 75 murders in really bad years...

Here is a breakdown of mass public shootings and how many people were murdered...do you see how they are not a problem that requires disarming Americans?

Last edited:

*UPDATE*

So......what would you prefer, that these people accept the hacking with the machete, or that they would be able to stop the attacker with a gun?

*UPDATE*

Here you go....would you disarm 13 million concealed carry gun owners....

Here is the left wing news source...Mother Jones...they hate guns, ...they too have tracked mass shootings...and here is what they found...

If you go to the link they list each year and the specific mass shootings with details....injured, killed, weapons used....
US Mass Shootings, 1982-2015: Data From Mother Jones' Investigation

Sooooo....

How many deaths on average according to Mother Jones...anti gun, uber left wing Mother Jones.......each year, well less than 73.

2014..... 9
2013..... 36
2012..... 72
2011..... 19
2002...not listed by mother jones

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr64/nvsr64_02.pdf

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr64/nvsr64_02.pdf

Cars, Accidental deaths 2013......35,369

Poisons...accidental deaths 2013....38,851

Alcohol...accidental deaths 2013...29,001

gravity....accidental falling deaths 2013...30,208
Accidental drowning.....3,391
Accidental exposure to smoke, fire and flames.....2,760

Deaths from mass shootings 2015......37
Accidental gun deaths 2013......505

Those are the numbers of deaths from mass shootings in the United States.....and even in the big year, 2012, they didn't break 72 deaths by mass shooters.

How many guns are there in American hands....357 million.

How many people carry guns for self defense...over 13 million.

Last edited:

*UPDATE*

So.....

1,500,000 times a year Americans with guns stop violent criminal attack and also save lives......

in 2015 there were a total of 37 murdered in mass public shootings, a total of 4 shootings all together....

which number is more significant in this debate?

No...it would have been worse because no one in the Restaurant had a gun. When good people don't have guns, they can't stop the bad people with guns.
Try explaining again how if the wacko had an AK-47, less people would have been hurt.

Try explaining again how if the wacko had an AK-47, less people would have been hurt.

That depends on if it was a gun free zone, doesn't it? Just because someone has a rifle doesn't mean they are going to actually kill more people. The potential is there but that isn't the reality. What guarantees a lot of deaths....no one shooting back. In fact, if the potential shooter knows that a place is freindly to concealed carry, then they will choose another target....as we have seen from the notes and interviews with actual shooters.

And two questions you haven't answered...

in 2015 there were 37 deaths from mass public shooters.....all in gun free zones.

Each year there are on average 1,500,000 defensive uses of guns by American gun owners.

Which number is more significant....and saves more lives?

The next question....

If you could go back in time, would you arm on or more of the people in that place with a gun?

I can say this because I study the issue......here you go...from Philedelphia...which is a smaller area, a bus filled with passengers.... or this sandwhich shop...

More people were injured by the machete than the AK.....

These gang members fire a rifle, the AK-47 single action rifle into the bus....and injure no one.....watch the video....

That depends on if it was a gun free zone, doesn't it? Just because someone has a rifle doesn't mean they are going to actually kill more people. The potential is there but that isn't the reality. What guarantees a lot of deaths....no one shooting back. In fact, if the potential shooter knows that a place is freindly to concealed carry, then they will choose another target....as we have seen from the notes and interviews with actual shooters.

And two questions you haven't answered...

in 2015 there were 37 deaths from mass public shooters.....all in gun free zones.

Each year there are on average 1,500,000 defensive uses of guns by American gun owners.

Which number is more significant....and saves more lives?

The next question....

If you could go back in time, would you arm on or more of the people in that place with a gun?
That is for the people in the restaurant to answer, based on their own consciences. But didn't you say the gun free zone was next door? If the restaurant didn't have a policy, all your gun free zone arguments are sort of out the window. Unless you plan on forcing everyone to own and carry a weapon for protection.
I still believe if the wacko had an AK-47 things would have gone worse, because it can fire so many bullets so fast that if he knew how to aim, there would have been more injuries before he could have been stopped. Yes, if someone had thought to bring their handgun to dinner, and they were a really good shot in an emergent situation, they might have been able to shoot the guy with the machete at the first table. But that was not my point. I do understand your point as well. I still don't want my fellow diners all armed. I would rather have the sporting goods stores de-armed of assault weapons.

Forum List

Back